Friday, October 11, 2019

The principal of Lusher High School turned down a free lunch offered to the school's teachers by Chick-Fil-A "out of respect to our LGBTQ staff." According to a statement from Dr. Steven Corbett, principal of Lusher High School, Chick-Fil-A's values don't align with the school's. "Out of respect to our LGBTQ staff, we have chosen to not serve Chick-Fil-A at an employee lunch. The #1 rule at Lusher is to 'Be Kind' and we live this motto every day," Corbett said. "Chick-Fil-A has been politically outspoken about its views, and we feel it is not part of Lusher's culture of kindness and community." The free lunch for Lusher High School is just one of many being given to Orleans Parish schools by the College Football Playoff Foundation. According to Tony Fay with the CFPF, this meal is one of several things the foundation is doing to leave a positive impact on the New Orleans community for hosting the Sugar Bowl and College Football Championship.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

According to Fay, the foundation will bring teachers food from another restaurant. He said he understands and respects their decision and is just "glad teachers will have a good lunch tomorrow."

Chick-fil-A has donated millions over the years to groups that oppose same-sex marriage. In 2012, the company's chief operating officer criticized same-sex marriage, prompting some politicians to block the chain from expanding in certain areas.

Comments

I guess that POS "Dr." Corbett forgot after the Pulse mass murder Chick-fil-A going against their own business practice and religious beliefs opened the restaurant on SUNDAY to serve first responders and the LGBTQ community after the massaqure, serving humanity first!

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-10-11 09:47 AM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

Never miss an opportunity to capitalize on a tragedy.

#2 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-10-11 09:53 AM | Reply

#2 Do you know how to use Google dear? If so Google Chick-fil-A acts of kindness. Bless your hate filled heart.

#3 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-10-11 10:05 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

FTA:

Odd one of the the principal's values isn't freedom of speech. If it was, he'd let the teachers decide for themselves if they want a chicken sandwich or not.

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 10:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#4 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2019-10-11 10:24 AM | FLAG: Well, is it not the left who strongly believe in freedom of choice? LOL

#5 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-10-11 12:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#5 | POSTED BY MSGT AT 2019"

They do as long as your choice agrees with theirs.

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 12:14 PM | Reply

#1 So that outweighs their everyday support of causes that harm LGBTQ people? $1.4 million in donations to anti-LGBTQ causes, but they opened a store once on Sunday after a horrific tragedy so it's Saul Goodman.

#7 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-10-11 12:17 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY NIXON AT 2019-10-11 12:17 PM | FLAG: "

And how it helps fit the narrative, cuz it's not "their" everyday support. It is a personal belief of the CEO. Why don't you guys recognize that? I guess you would rather hate the whole corporation instead of one person.

I think I'll have a Chick-fil-A sandwich for lunch! Lol.

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 12:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"They do as long as your choice agrees with theirs."

We don't agree with your choice preventing others from having their right to make a choice.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-11 12:24 PM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY DANNI"

???

I think the teachers should have the choice. But the fascist principal took away their freedom of speech to do so. That's your guy, Danni.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 12:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#9 Oh the irony. One hate filled man made a decision, not 'others', to not allow Chick-fil-A.

#11 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-10-11 01:01 PM | Reply

What about the man's doctorate requires the use of sarcastic quotations?

#12 | Posted by dylanfan at 2019-10-11 04:52 PM | Reply

"It is the height stupidity to be unable to separate one person's views from the corporate standards and policies"

How so?

If the CEO spends the profit he earns from his company on his personal agenda, it follows that boycotting the company is a way to boycott that agenda.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-11 05:05 PM | Reply

"I think the teachers should have the choice."

They do. The teachers can order Chick-fil-A on their own dime if they want to. Anybody can.

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-11 05:06 PM | Reply

""I think the teachers should have the choice."

#14 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

They didn't have the choice of getting it free. The fascist principal said they couldn't.

But you knew that, snoofygames (tm)

#15 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 05:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"They didn't have the choice of getting it free."

TANSTAAFL

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-11 05:34 PM | Reply

"They didn't have the choice of getting it free."

Chick-fil-A chose not to offer it to the teachers.

Maybe next time they will cut out the middleman!

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-11 05:39 PM | Reply

""They didn't have the choice of getting it free."
TANSTAAFL

#16 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

You are right. Chick Fil A paid for it. But it was offered free to the teachers,

But you knew that, snoofygames (tm).

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 05:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Chick-fil-A could have offered it to the teachers directly, instead of the principal."

According to the story, it was offered to the teachers.

But you knew that snoofy games

Time to end this episode of snoofygames (tm)

FTA:

"...a free lunch offered to the school's teachers by Chick-Fil-A... "

#19 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 05:41 PM | Reply

But they offered that free lunch for the teachers... to the principal.

"The principal of Lusher High School turned down a free lunch offered to the school's teachers..."

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-11 05:46 PM | Reply

#21 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 05:47 PM | Reply

You are right. Chick Fil A paid for it.

Actually the football program paid for it. They just bought the food from a different restaurant instead.

#22 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-11 05:48 PM | Reply

"Hey, all you proggies -- I ate lunch at Chick Fil A today just to piss y'all off."

Did it work?

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-11 05:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

FTA:

So no big deal.

#24 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-11 06:07 PM | Reply

Did it work?

#23 | Posted by snoofy

Of course not, but that stupid ------- ate a schitty chicken sandwich just to be able to say "yeah....take dat stupit libruls" on an anonymous blog.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-11 10:47 PM | Reply

So no big deal.

#24 | Posted by REDIAL

Except to the bitter, ------- "conservatives" who love to play the victim when other people exercise the freedom they claim to love.

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-11 10:49 PM | Reply

Did it work?

#23 | Posted by snoofy"

So far only JPW bit. But I assume there are others who were pissed, but smart enough not to fall for my troll.

#27 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 10:49 PM | Reply

"schitty chicken sandwich"

Chick-fil-A is about as good as a fast food chicken sandwich gets.
The waffle fries kinda suck, but the sandwich is not bad.
I also applaud Chick-fil-A for giving their workers Sunday off.
It's not easy to get one guaranteed weekend day off at the low end of the wage scale.

#28 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-11 10:59 PM | Reply

Chick-fil-A is about as good as a fast food chicken sandwich gets.

That's like bragging you give the best colonoscopy...

I also applaud Chick-fil-A for giving their workers Sunday off.

#29 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-11 11:09 PM | Reply

"Meh. Religious virtue signaling preventing people from working more hours they probably want.

#29 | POSTED BY JPW "

What do you care of their employees? You and your ilk want the world to boycott them, thus taking away hours that (as you admit) they probably want.

What a hypocrite.

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 11:12 PM | Reply

"Also, stop trying to speak for anybody but yourself.
POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-10-11 11:06 PM "

Then three minutes later says this:

#29 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-10-11 11:09 PM "

LOL

Do as you say, not as you do, right JPW?

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 11:16 PM | Reply

30-31

yap yap yap yap yap.

-goatshart

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-11 11:29 PM | Reply

"30-31
yap yap yap yap yap.
-goatshart

#32 | POSTED BY JPW "

hmmm

How does someone who continuously claim he has me plonked know what my posts say? LOL

Looks like my pointing out your hypocrisy and "do as I say, not as I do" posts triggered you.

Again.

#33 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-11 11:37 PM | Reply

Chick-fil-A is about as good as a fast food chicken sandwich gets.

#34 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-11 11:54 PM | Reply

#34 | Posted by REDIAL

I'd much rather a fast casual or diner served sandwich.

It's fast food. People I work with are super into it but I've never understood it.

#35 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-11 11:57 PM | Reply

I don't think we have them up here, beyond The Wall.

#36 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-12 12:01 AM | Reply

#34 | POSTED BY REDIAL "

I'm not a fast food eater except for Whataburger, but Chick Fil A's sandwiches are good. They have no dressing, so I put mayo on it. The marinade is tasty and it is fried crispy, yet the meat is moist -- and I never eat breast meat otherwise because its lack of taste an moisture. Somehow they make white meat taste good.

#37 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 12:03 AM | Reply

How does it compare to a not fast food chicken sandwich?
#34 | POSTED BY REDIAL

Tastier (fat,oil, juicier)...

To to a fast casual or a diner .. to have one, and its typically dried out and I never order because of it.

I'm not saying its healthy... but its pretty damn good.

#38 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-10-12 12:04 AM | Reply

Well, if I run across one I'll give it a shot. Fast is good sometimes.

#39 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-12 12:08 AM | Reply

"Well, if I run across one I'll give it a shot. Fast is good sometimes.

#39 | POSTED BY REDIAL "

Another thing that impresses me is that their employees are very polite. Of course as I said in my previous post, I don't eat much fast food, so I may not have a large enough sampling to make a valid assessment, but I don't know how they could be any more polite and helpful.

#40 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 12:11 AM | Reply

On the employee's politeness, look how this ------- berates a teenage girl, but how professional she remains.

I heard this guy got fired when this video went viral. Good.

www.youtube.com

#41 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 12:14 AM | Reply

Always worth trying once.

#42 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 12:24 AM | Reply

#42. Yep. I had one of those today. Good stuff.

#43 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 12:26 AM | Reply

"How does it compare to a not fast food chicken sandwich? I'm actually curious, since I never even seen one of these places, much less eaten in one."

That's a good question.
I don't think I've ever had a not-fast-food chicken sandwich!
Chick-fil-A has good pickles. That is a big reason their sandwich is better than the rest. And the chicken isn't buried beneath hundreds of chemicals made in New Jersey.

#44 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 12:32 AM | Reply

"Personally, if I'm looking for fast food, I'll take a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich over anything else.

#42 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2019-10-12 12:24 AM "

You strike me as a Wendy's person. I'll bet you eat at McDonald's, too.

#45 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 12:33 AM | Reply

#42. Yep. I had one of those today. Good stuff.

Wendy's fries are the best too IMO.

Shizzzz...feeling hungry now.

#46 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 12:34 AM | Reply

I get coffee at McDonald's from time to time, and sometimes I get a fries. McDonald's fries dipped in in a McDonald's hot fudge sundae would be a world-class desert if McDonald's didn't exist, and it was min-maxed for quality, not profit.

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 12:35 AM | Reply

McDonald's breakfast is a guilty pleasure for me.

It's always the way I kick off road trips-a large coffee and bacon/egg/cheese on a bagel sandwich with hash browns.

Probably adds visible plaque to my arteries but damn is it good...

#48 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 12:41 AM | Reply

I admit, I get coffee at McDonald's. It is good. But I don't get food there.

For fast food it's Whataburger or In and Out, but even with them, it has to be when I'm in California. They are great out there, but it didn't translate to Texas. The ones here are not that good. Then Chick Fil A. Those are the only fast foods at which I eat.

#49 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 12:42 AM | Reply

#42 I also like McDonald's breakfast The Bacon, egg and cheese biscuit plus the hash browns.

Everything else sucks though. Their fountain sodas are the best though. My wife came across a great article a couple of years ago - headline: Why Does Diet Coke Taste Better at McDonald's?

The write did some research and the results were very interesting. McDonald's uses a very elaborate water filtration system for their fountain drinks. They also go through so much that they order their syrups in the much larger metal drums as opposed to the stuff that comes in cardboard. They take meticulous care of their fountain machines and all new employees are given a full day's training as to how to properly maintain them.

#50 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 12:46 AM | Reply

Hands down the best fried chicken you will ever have - it will match anything a high-end restaurant can produce - is Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken.

It's a smaller upper-midwest chain, but damn....seriously good stuff by any objective measure. I grew up on that stuff and the one in Michigan is close enough that we still have it a few times per year and it's always a special treat.

#51 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 12:49 AM | Reply

Those are the only fast foods at which I eat.

I saw what you did there. And I'm off to bed. Canuck TG weekend is upon us.

#52 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-12 12:51 AM | Reply

Everything else sucks though.

I think that as far as fast food burgers goes the Big Mac is pretty good. One of the better IMO, but I'm not a burger person.

Interesting info about their soda fountains. Couple that with their extra wide straws and it's clear they hook you on soda while selling you subpar food lol

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 12:52 AM | Reply

"I think that as far as fast food burgers goes the Big Mac is pretty good.
#53 | POSTED BY JPW"

Figures you would think so. Big mac is to a hamburger what Spam is a nice honey glazed ham

#54 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 12:55 AM | Reply

is Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken.

Hmmmm I used to lived near one of those but never stopped because I'm not a fried chicken guy.

If I'm back in that area of town I'll stop and give it a try.

I'm marginally concerned because I've been having a craving for the Jack in the Box spicy sriracha burger with curly fries and an order of tacos off the dollar menu with hot sauce.

It was always the meal I went for when I was feeling masochistic about a GI cleanse.

#55 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 01:00 AM | Reply

Seriously, give it a try.

Every single time I go to the one by my mom and dad's house it's lined up out the door. Every. Single. Time.

The bone-in breasts are to die for - just order the 2-piece "snack" pay the extra dollar and make both pieces breasts and get one original and one crisply plus.

I came across this video of some random dude doing a review (he goes with the boneless breast pieces) and his overall experience wasn't great because they messed up his order but his reaction to the chicken itself says it all.

Here you go:

www.youtube.com

Start at the 3:00 mark.

#56 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 01:10 AM | Reply

Amusing story - My wife and I met at the beginning of our sophomore year in college. I was at her mom and dad's house the following summer one evening and they decided to get KFC carry-out. Up to that point I'd never eaten KFC because we always had Lee's as it was the closest geographically. I was very much looking forward to having KFC and assumed it would probably be better than Lee's . Whoo boy was I wrong about that. There was no comparison between the 2. So I told my wife (then girlfriend) next time try to talk your family into trying Lee's instead. Well, a couple of month later they followed my advice and Lee's is the only fried chicken they've had since.

#57 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 01:19 AM | Reply

What if someone only wanted a taste of the Lord's Chicken as a brief respite so as to break up their monotonous day of herding about highschoolers? Some sodomite-supporting administrator is going to tell them no? that's fuggin' gay. Time to call a crusade on xim/xir/xap/xappittydoo. Deus Vult!

#58 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-10-12 01:20 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I came across this video of some random dude

Dude! Is that chairborne?

#59 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 01:23 AM | Reply

#59 That is funny. I never thought about it but now that you mention it....

#60 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 01:24 AM | Reply

His Holiness, the Pope of Popcorn Chicken, has been swayed by the calls for help from the Christian population in the Sultanate of Americanistan. He urges all able-bodied men of Europe to take up arms against the evil Caliph of Fried Beef in order to secure America from the clutches of the fast food infidels. God will grant the pilgrims remission in Heaven!

#61 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-10-12 01:25 AM | Reply

I only had Chick-fil-A once and that was a few years ago at Cedar Point.

The sandwich was fine but I didn't think it was anything special.

#62 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 01:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The sandwich was fine but I didn't think it was anything special.

#62 | Posted by JeffJ

A man who has good taste in food!

#63 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 01:30 AM | Reply

"The sandwich was fine but I didn't think it was anything special.
#62 | Posted by JeffJ

A man who has good taste in food!
#63 | POSTED BY JPW "

Of course he does, but it has nothing to do with Chick Fil A. It is about his ability to cook and smoke/grill meat.

Jeff: Meant to tell you, since you have dabbled with fermentation. I made my normal salsa a few weeks ago. THen I had to leave town suddenly (help Dad during the Dorian) and put it in the back of the fridge. I forgot it was there. I found it about three weeks later. I cautiously tasted it. It was great! The lime and cilantro in it got more mild, yet bolder in flavor, as oddly as that sounds. Much better than a week at room temp. I finished it in two days.

#64 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 01:40 AM | Reply

Goat,

I've experimented with fermenting my last 2 batches of hot sauce. Only 2 days out of the 'fridge. Next batch I'm going to add a day. I did notice a subtle difference.

#65 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 01:49 AM | Reply

... Big Mac is pretty good.

When I was a much younger I thought so too. Until I saw a cartoon in Hustler magazine. Burger flipper leaning out the back door yelling at a couple other workers outside, "hey, we need another bucket of special sauce." The guys outside were----------- an elephant into a bucket.

Never again.

#66 | Posted by et_al at 2019-10-12 01:58 AM | Reply

A friend of mine told me a funny story - when he was in college they were bar hopping and at 230 in the morning (alcohol sales stop at 2 in Michigan) the only place open was a small burger chain called "In and Out" (yeah, a lot of fun can be had with that name).

Anyhow, they were in the drive-thru and a delivery truck pulls up and the driver starts unloading boxes. Some of the boxes were labeled:

"Hamburger Patties

Grade D, but edible"

#67 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-12 02:07 AM | Reply

Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken
Yup. If ever in the Southeast try Zaxbys, it's great. Blue Bell ice cream and Zakbys are the only reasons to ever visit south.

I'm in the minority on In-and-Out and Chick-fil-A. If freshly made Wendy's spicy chick is miles better, but the best fast food chick is Backyard Burger's blackend Hawaiian. Pretty much everyone makes a better burger than I-n-O.
"would you like grilled onions"--sure, "would you like and entire grilled onion and so much orange crap you'll need a change of clothes"?

#68 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-10-12 07:19 AM | Reply

"Backyard Burger's blackend Hawaiian."

"Is that that Hawaiian burger place"
Mind if I have a taste?
MMMMM! That's a tasty burger"

Jules

#69 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 07:28 AM | Reply

"If ever in the Southeast try Zaxbys, it's great. "

I must've seen that name on the highway exit signs a hundred times, but I've never been to one. I may have to try it next time I'm in the southeast. I usually make my own food when I travel, both for convenience and quality of food.

#70 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 07:30 AM | Reply

Pretty sure you can find a Zaxbys in Texas, you wont be disappointed. I think Blue Bell comes from Texas so I know you can find it, I'd imagine you already know how good it is. Backyard Burger is more rare. I think they stretched themselves thin years ago and had to shut down a lot of locations.

#71 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-10-12 07:46 AM | Reply

You are right about Blue Bell. I've been eating it long before it was outside of Texas. When I first startetd eating it you had to live within a hundred miles of Brenham. My father who lives in Savannah had me bring him some he liked it so well. He even paid for the cooler and dry ice to get it there.

#72 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 07:51 AM | Reply

Funny thing about Blue Bell is that people were still begging for it to come back after they shut down because of the listeria outbreak that killed three people. There was a dark humored bumper sticker that said, "Blue Bell -- Ice cream so good people are willing to die for it".

#73 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 07:54 AM | Reply

He even paid for the cooler and dry ice to get it there
They will do that for you. It's about 70 dollars to get a 3 gallon tub shipped from the factory.

#74 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-10-12 08:03 AM | Reply

Once again we have a tax payer funded school system taking it upon themselves to make decisions having nothing to do with education and forcing their own values and morals and beliefs onto everyone else.

Oh...that's ok because it's the "right thing to do".

Is it?

Anywhere else other than a tax payer funded school, it would be fine.

They stepped over the line when they chose to not educate students about Christianity, but to teach students they should oppose it.

Whether you agree with Christians or Chick-fil-A is beside the point.

If they had rejected the lunch for another reason other than openly demonstrating an opposition to religious beliefs, again it would be fine.

Just shut up and eat.

#75 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 08:41 AM | Reply

No one in public schools is teaching students to be against Christianity, BILL, The teachers are mostly Christian, BILL. They sit next to you in church, BILL.

#76 | Posted by Zed at 2019-10-12 08:57 AM | Reply

Zed,

They should have just accepted the free meal and given the teachers the option to eat it.

It could have sat there and rot.

The message taught to the students would have been more constructive.

#77 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 09:40 AM | Reply

However, I'm sure in that environment peer pressure among the teachers is likely a dominating force so no one would have been allowed to eat.

Yea...they were right to reject the food and not waste it.

#78 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 09:49 AM | Reply

My point, that you ignored BILL, is that teachers are not teaching against Christianity. In much the same way the Jews are not stealing your children and eating them.

#79 | Posted by Zed at 2019-10-12 10:01 AM | Reply

They should have just accepted the free meal...

They did. The donor just got it from somewhere else.

#80 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-12 10:05 AM | Reply

IMHO, any and every business, which chooses to do battle in 'culture wars', obviously understands the potential for negative reaction by the portion of the populace they have chosen to alienate. These businesses deserve whatever political push-back their position invites.

These businesses have chosen to identify themselves as an "us vs. them" player in the culture wars, and likely have a notion that for each consumer whom they dissuade from patronizing their product, will be offset by another consumer, who patronizes them for their culture war participation.

Those who object, or react, one way or another, to the attendant consumer consequences, are simply bleating "Hooray for our side, your side is bad".

All publicity is good publicity. Some posters here were puppeteered to run out and buy a sandwich, while others chose to resist. The overall effect is cooked into the decision to participate in the culture war skirmish. The choice is a calculated business decision.

#81 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-10-12 10:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Zed,

"is that teachers are not teaching against Christianity"

Really?

How do you know that?

You don't know what conversations students and teachers will have about this.

The school's actions make it quite clear.

The anti-Christian message is there whether they intended it or not.

That's all I'll say.

#82 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 10:38 AM | Reply

Bill,

You see this as anti Christianity?

Interesting. Cause. I see this as anti chick fil a.

I see it as the owner of chick fil a using Christianity as an excuse for his bigotry and intolerance.

I see you condoning his behavior.

Is that what Jesus would have done?

#83 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-12 10:50 AM | Reply

If Jesus ever had a chicken sandwich he'd've changed his tune.

Hell if he ever saw a chicken it would've blown his mind

#84 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-12 11:11 AM | Reply

How do you know that?

#82 | Posted by BillJohnson

Because I know many of the teachers personally and know they are Christians?

You're paranoid, BILL. Genuinely so.

That's the last thing I'll say on that.

#85 | Posted by Zed at 2019-10-12 11:14 AM | Reply

Zed,

I see...so you have a personal interest to come to their defense.

Good job.

We're getting off point here.

It's not the teachers I'm questioning.

It's the decision of a tax payer funded school to come out against Chik-Fil-A for their religious views.

I understand the whole gay/religion thing is complicated and conflicting legal viewpoints are the problem.

I'm no legal expert but it just seems to me the principal was out of line and played to the politically correct crowd because it was the most expedient.

I am pointing out to you I am not faulting the teachers but the principal.

#86 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 12:50 PM | Reply

The message taught to the students would have been more constructive.

#77 | Posted by BillJohnson

Or you just don't like the obvious message that Chreestians are whiners and snowflakes who cry victim every time their every whim is denied.

Hold crap positions and you'll get opposition. It's that easy.

#87 | Posted by jpw at 2019-10-12 12:52 PM | Reply

Jpw,

You're forgetting the atheist whiners who tremble every time a Christian teacher wears a cross on their lapel.

Ohhh....the fearful cross. It might bite you.

Really...Christians should modify their doctrine to say they are "required" to wear the cross like other religions get exemptions.

People drag out the constitution when it suits their needs.

But if I talk separation of church and state I'm a "whiner".

From what I've Christian teachers for the most part have long since accepted the concept of public schools not endorsing or suppressing religions.

This school administrator didn't.

#88 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 01:20 PM | Reply

From what I've seen...I meant.

#89 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 01:22 PM | Reply

If Jesus ever had a chicken sandwich he'd've changed his tune.

#84 | Posted by bruceaz

But he could have multiplied that sandwich to feed thousands and put a couple franchises in the hole.

#90 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-10-12 01:52 PM | Reply

"And he might have done it just to send Chick-Fil-A His message of inclusion, not exclusion.

#90 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY "

Chick Fil A's CEO spoke out on gay marriage. As an American he has that right. But what you and your ilk continue to dishonestly ignore is that his remarks as a private citizen are not Chick Fil A's. They are his.

Yes, Chick Fil A the company, donated to Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Salvation Army whom have been said to be anti-gay. Have you ever put money in the red bucket next to the bell ringing guy dressed as Sanata at Christmas, AU? Well, if you have, you hate gays, too. Do you support Christians whom your party likes to betray as bigots and homophobes? I know you do. You invoke the name of the invisible guy in the sky a lot. So there you go being bigoted, just like Chick Fil A.

What was it your sky god's son said? "If your slate is clean, then you can throw stones", I think it was.

But hey, you seem quite at ease with the dishonesty and hypocrisy, so roll on, dude.

#91 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 02:11 PM | Reply

Jesus said " he who is without sin may cast the first stone"

Then he said "--------- mom"

#92 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-12 02:27 PM | Reply

American,

Inclusion?

As harsh as this might sound what Jesus said was accept salvation through Me by admitting you are a sinner or spend eternity in hell.

But love your neighbor is much more acceptable so you can stick with that.

Christians frequently use the phrase "hate the sin, love the sinner"

Works for me.

#93 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 02:49 PM | Reply

Chick Fil A's CEO spoke out on gay marriage. As an American he has that right.

Sure. You can say anything you want. It's America. Chick-fil-A's CEO and owner also donates a lot of money to anti LGBT organizations.

People who care about the LGBT community have the right to boycott his products and spread the news about how profits from the company are used.

As Americans, it's their right to do so.

#94 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-12 02:55 PM | Reply

#75 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

Bill is so busy fighting his Strawman, he hasn't actually figured out what's going on.

How sad.

Typical Trumpublican. Living in an alternative reality.

Taking something that has nothing to do with Jesus's teachings and turning it into an attack on Christianity.

#95 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-12 03:08 PM | Reply

"But what you and your ilk continue to dishonestly ignore is that his remarks as a private citizen are not Chick Fil A's. They are his."

Nobody is ignoring that.

Rather, they are aware that his remarks as a private citizens are amplified through expenditure of the money he's earned through Chick-fil-A.

Especially since Chick-fil-A is a privately held company owned by the CEO's family. That means the voice of the CEO and the voice of Chick-fil-A are two sides of the same mouth.

If Chick-fil-A were to go out of business, that voice would be diminished, with less Chick-fil-A money to amplify his message.

If you have a problem with informed consumers making decisions they think are in their best interests, then the free market isn't the right economic paradigm for the society you want to live in.

#96 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 03:15 PM | Reply

"Nobody is ignoring that.
POSTED BY SNOOFY "

That is not true. A lot of people ignore it, most recently americanunity.

#97 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 03:20 PM | Reply

"Dan Cathy can spend his money on hate speech in America. There's plenty wrong with that, but that's his right. Likewise, consumers can choose to buy chicken sandwiches elsewhere, so as to not have their chicken sandwich purchases fund hate speech."

You're right and Chick Fil A isn't hurting at all. For the fourth year in a row, they have been ranked the #1 fast food chain in the US. Their chicken sandwiches don't fund hate speech. I explained that. You even said people separate the CEO from the company, but it appears you aren't.

www.usatoday.com

#98 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 03:26 PM | Reply

#99 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 03:26 PM | Reply

"Their chicken sandwiches don't fund hate speech."

Then what does fund it?

#100 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 03:27 PM | Reply

"What they're doing is knowing it, and also knowing it's not a meaningful distinction.

#99 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

#101 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 03:30 PM | Reply

Hate speech doesn't cost anything.
Wildly appreciated and available on my phone.

Sucks that can't enjoy it when I'm driving

#102 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-12 03:33 PM | Reply

"You can say anything you want. It's America. Chick-fil-A's CEO and owner also donates a lot of money to anti LGBT organizations."

Have you ever put money into the Salvation Army bucket, donnerboy? Well, you support anti-gay causes, too.

#103 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 03:34 PM | Reply

I like how the goalposts have moved to the Salvation Army all of a sudden!

#104 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 03:37 PM | Reply

"Do you speak for them? You don't speak for me, and I understand it's a meaningful distinction."

Dan Cathy speaks for himself, and Dan Cathy speaks for Chick-fil-A.

Please elucidate the meaningful distinction between Dan Cathy and Dan Cathy.

#105 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 03:39 PM | Reply

"Dan Cathy speaks for himself, and Dan Cathy speaks for Chick-fil-A.
Please elucidate the meaningful distinction between Dan Cathy and Dan Cathy.

#105 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Unless it comes from a Chick Fil A letterhead or official announcement on behalf of Chick Fil A, no he does not speak for the company. It's like him saying he likes crunchy peanut butter, therefore Chick Fil A endorses crunchy peanut butter.

I'm not getting sucked in to this, snoofy. The man and the company are two different things. Not only with Chick Fil A, but with all companies and their heads and boards. If you want to believe otherwise, cool. That's your right.

#106 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 03:42 PM | Reply

"I like how the goalposts have moved to the Salvation Army all of a sudden!

#104 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

???

I'm not the one who said he funded hate groups. That was you. And the Salvation Army is allegedly one of those hate groups according to the press.

If you didn't mean the SA, which hate group are you talking about?

#107 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 03:48 PM | Reply

"Unless it comes from a Chick Fil A letterhead or official announcement on behalf of Chick Fil A, no he does not speak for the company."

To reiterate:

To reiterate:
"Their chicken sandwiches don't fund hate speech."
Then what does fund it?

#108 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 03:50 PM | Reply

"Then what does fund it?

#108 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

His salary.

If you are implying that chicken sandwiches fund his hate speech, then Ford funds hate speech because their KKK member employee uses his salary to further the Klan. If Starbucks has an employee who spends his money on anti-gay organizations, then Starbucks must support anti-gay causes using your logic.

One more time: Chick Fil A's CEO is a separate entity from the company. He gets a salary from Chick Fil A. How he spends it is his business and is not a reflection on the company any more than the the aforementioned Ford or Starbuck's employee speak for their respective companies because of how they spend their salary.

This ain't rocket science, snoofy.

#109 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 04:00 PM | Reply

It's an irony how SJWs are screaming for a boycott of Chick Fil A because they don't like how their CEO feels about gay marriage. Yet they are willing to throw hundreds of LGBT employees under the bus and hurt them just to get to this one man.

www.thedailybeast.com

#110 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 04:10 PM | Reply

You actually don't give a ----.

Fact of the matter is nobody goes there because it's too crowded

#111 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-12 04:17 PM | Reply

Goat seems desperate to find equivalencies.

Somehow the Salvation Army or Ford funding hate, justifies Chick-Fil-A funding anti LGBT organizations.

#112 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-12 04:22 PM | Reply

"Chick-Fil-A funding anti LGBT organizations.

#112 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

They don't. Their CEO does give money to the Salvation Army and the FCA which the SJWs call hate groups.

#113 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 04:24 PM | Reply

hundreds of LGBT employees

Thanks Civil Rights!

#114 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-12 04:24 PM | Reply

"...funding anti LGBT organizations.

#112 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

I realize you are just mindlessly puking the meme out because you've seen it so often, but can you actually name the anti-LGBT organizations Chick Fil A's CEO is funding? I know you can't without googling, so feel free to google and let us know.

#115 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 04:26 PM | Reply

"Then what does fund it?
#108 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "
His salary."

And his salary is paid by... wait for it... Chick-fil-A!

I think we're done here, but perhaps you still have some fumes in the tank.
Up to you.

#116 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 04:27 PM | Reply

"hundreds of LGBT employees
Thanks Civil Rights!

#114 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

Exactly.

But what good are their civil rights when you SJWs want to rob them of their salaries just to get back at one man? You SJWs are mean and vengeful and have your priorities all screwed up.

#117 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 04:27 PM | Reply

"And his salary is paid by... wait for it... Chick-fil-A!
I think we're done here, but perhaps you still have some fumes in the tank.
Up to you.

#116 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

That's right. And the KKK member who works for Ford uses his salary to promote hate, so Ford must also be a hate promoting organization using your logic.

Yes, we are done here.

#118 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 04:29 PM | Reply

"And the KKK member who works for Ford uses his salary to promote hate, so Ford must also be a hate promoting organization using your logic."

And now... you're equating the CEO with the line worker.
And you're equating a privately held company with a publicly traded one.
As I'm sure you're aware, after Hobby Lobby, privately held companies like Chick-fil-A are allowed to have religious beliefs and impose them on their workers. (Chick-fil-A doesn't do that, but it shows how the line you want to exist simply doesn't exist.)

Like I said, running on fumes.

Just to pick it apart for you: In terms of CEO worth, salary is usually a tiny portion.
Like Jeff Bezos, whose salary is about $150K, yet his worth is in the billions.
Dan Cathy's net worth is around five billion.
It didn't come from his salary.
It came from his ownership stake in the business.

It's really, really simple:
The money Dan Cathy spends on hating gays comes from his business.

"so Ford must also be a hate promoting organization using your logic."
I never claimed Chick-fil-A is a hate promoting organization.
I simply pointed out the owner of Chick-fil-A uses the profits from his business to promote hate.
And, as any reasonable person can see, if you don't wan't the money from your chicken sandwich purchase being spent by the CEO on things you don't like, then it's kind of a no-brainer to not shop there.

#119 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 04:41 PM | Reply

"#119 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

I guess you weren't through after all? LOL

Anyway, you think a man and his company are the same entity. I know differently.

Bye!

#120 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 04:46 PM | Reply

"Anyway, you think a man and his company are the same entity."

Not at all.
I think the money the man spends comes from his company.
I think if you don't want the man buying hate speech with your money, it's perfectly reasonable to avoid doing business with his company.

#121 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-12 04:53 PM | Reply

Good. To heck with Chick-fil-A. They promote hate.

#122 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-10-12 05:02 PM | Reply

"Good. To heck with Chick-fil-A. They promote hate.

#122 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER "

Meh. They've been the top fast food chain four years in a row. They'll probably make it without your business, Bruce. As you said, they are too crowded to get into anyway. That's a good thing for the LGBT employees there that the SJWs are trying to crush.

#123 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 05:05 PM | Reply

All this talk about chicken, me and the wife ate there tonight.

Chicken strips and waffle fries.

But, their honey mustard sauce has too much horseradish.

Hate and horseradish both start with same letter.

Does that mean anything?

#124 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 06:01 PM | Reply

Sorry for the stupid post.

You have to read them apart....read one....wait at least 5-10 minutes...preferably about 30...then read the other.

But, both just seconds apart!

It's like reefer madness (just without the reefer).

#125 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-10-12 07:47 PM | Reply

"Reading both Snoofy and Clown in the same minute just does something to my mind.
#125 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON "

LOL Me too, brother. Me too.

Don't ever let Pinche Oaf or speaksoftly squeeze into that same minute. You'll never recover.

#126 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 07:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"As you said"

No. I didn't.

#127 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-10-12 08:19 PM | Reply

""As you said"
#127 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER "

You're right. My bad. It was the other Bruce who said that in post 111.

"They're crowded because they don't have enough locations and they have a certain customer who either doesn't care about others or would eat there just to hurt someone else.

#127 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER "

That's the hateful way to look at it. But the logical way is that they have been the most popular fast food restaurant in the last 4 years.

And how does eating there hurt other people? I would think it helps their employees by either giving them over time, or creating new jobs. I can't figure out the petty mindset that wants to hurt a bunch of employees -- including the LGBT ones -- to get at one man. It's stupid. It's petty. And it gives SJWs a bad name.

Seriously, does it make sense to throw hundreds of LGBT employees under the bus to get at one man who doesn't like the LGBT agenda? Not to a rational person, it doesn't.

www.thedailybeast.com

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/allthemoms/2019/06/27/chick-fil-a-ranked-top-fast-food-chain- fourth-year/1582613001/

#128 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 08:28 PM | Reply

www.usatoday.com

#129 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-12 08:28 PM | Reply

Banner
I think meant me.
Anyway the line at chic filet and in & out burger in my neighborhood is ridiculous. I myself prefer food but who am I to say apparently. I'd never drink a margaritas either I prefer booze 7 up ,christ

#130 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-12 08:40 PM | Reply

Well maybe he meant you.

Anyway bless your heart goatman

#131 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-12 09:13 PM | Reply

straight up, or on the rocks if it's hot and the thing benefits from a little water.

#132 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-10-12 09:44 PM | Reply