Monday, October 14, 2019

Abu Amir was too busy cutting the fresh slices of meat for shawarma to notice the queue around his food stand "Syrian Taste". The queue was getting longer by every minute at the stall located in Islamabad's classy F-10 area. "Yalla finished" he announced humbly. "Please come back tomorrow," he comforted them....

Comments

Good lord... he is putting cucumbers in the shwarma.... who does that? But then maybe that is the original arab way?

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-14 07:54 AM | Reply

#1 I had a McShwarma at an Israel McDonald's once. I crapped like a wild gorilla for two days afterwards. Miserable.

#2 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-10-14 10:32 AM | Reply

I had a McShwarma at an Israel McDonald's once

Good Lord....

#3 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-14 10:46 AM | Reply

#3 "Good Lord...."

I can't tell you how many times I moaned that very sentiment whilst visiting every public toilet between Jerusalem and Tiberius.

#4 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-10-14 10:58 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'd rather have a fish taco

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-14 03:24 PM | Reply

I'd rather have a fish taco

Of course you would, Arab hater.

Go frak yourself.

#6 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-14 04:01 PM | Reply

#5 There is a BIG difference between a real shawarma and a "McShawarma," believe me. I'm getting psychosomatic intestinal pains just thinking about the latter.

#7 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-10-14 04:06 PM | Reply

Oh believe me, I believe you.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-14 04:16 PM | Reply

JT, Here's an old Israeli McDonald's commercial with an image of a McShawarma at the end. It looks a lot more edible than the one I ate - and a lot less yellow. Anyway, if nothing else, the commercial is kinda funny as a Pulp Fiction parody.

www.youtube.com

#9 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-10-14 04:30 PM | Reply

I ate some good schwarma in the UAE when I lived there for a year in '01 but this guy's looks much better. I don't think the vendors I tried before were Syrian. They have a good reputation in Detroit it seems.

#10 | Posted by grumpy_too at 2019-10-14 07:53 PM | Reply

Oh, that's what you call those things? In Iraq we called them burritos.

#11 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-10-15 06:35 AM | Reply

I used to put chips in my pizzas.... that worked great. And this is the second guy on earth I see adding chips/french-fries into his shwarma.... THIS I understand. He knows what he is doing.

#12 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-15 11:04 AM | Reply