Monday, October 14, 2019

ABC News showed a fake video purportedly showing the bombing of Syria by Turkish forces, Sunday, before apologizing for its mistake.

Comments

It seems ABC's initial reaction was to simply make the video "private" on YouTube, before conceding their error and removing the footage entirely. At least they copped to it and apologized.

#1 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-10-14 01:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's good ABC News copped to it -- now if will they, and the rest of the hacktastic MSM, will cop to ...

- WMD lies
- Russiagate Hoax
- Muellergate nonsense
- Ukrainegate nonsense

I'm very sure I'm missing many other examples.

#2 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-10-14 01:48 PM | Reply

And you libs wonder why we call them fake news.

#3 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-10-14 02:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Here's another one, Pinch:

#4 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-10-14 02:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And you libs wonder why we call them fake news.

#3 | POSTED BY SNIPER

Sniper

Do you think media hacks like Judith Miller, who helped use WMD lies in swaying public opinion to favor the 2003 Iraq invasion, should be legally held accountable?

#5 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-10-14 04:53 PM | Reply

And you libs wonder why we call them fake news.

#3 | Posted by Sniper

Is fox news still running the same video of 2 black panthers on repeat to make you suckers think there's a wave of black panthers trying to keep you from voting?

#6 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-14 09:51 PM | Reply

Desperate deflection noted.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-10-14 10:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

ABC admits its mistake instead of cutting to a car chase to keep its lies alive.

#8 | Posted by bored at 2019-10-14 11:00 PM | Reply

Two peas in a pod.

#9 | Posted by Ben_Berkkake at 2019-10-14 11:54 PM | Reply

Why is it that these errors almost always flow in 1 direction politically?

News outlets are going to make mistakes from time-to-time and I applaud recognition of said mistakes and then doing the right thing by publishing corrections.

Good, but my question stands - why is it almost always in 1 direction?

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-15 12:06 AM | Reply

why is it almost always in 1 direction?

Is it? Just asking what metrics you are applying.

#11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-15 12:16 AM | Reply

Just asking what metrics you are applying.

#11 | POSTED BY REDIAL

The metric is pretty simple:

When a story is founded upon bad information, who benefits from the original story?

The errors overwhelmingly skew to the benefit of the Democrats and the left.

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-15 12:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Iraq war?

#13 | Posted by bored at 2019-10-15 12:27 AM | Reply

The errors overwhelmingly skew to the benefit of the Democrats and the left.

I get that's your opinion, I'm just asking how you know?

Define "overwhelming". 2 to 1? 10 to 1? 100 to 1? Based on what?

#14 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-15 12:29 AM | Reply

How about check the data.

www.politifact.com

#15 | Posted by bored at 2019-10-15 12:33 AM | Reply

Define "overwhelming". 2 to 1? 10 to 1? 100 to 1? Based on what?

#14 | POSTED BY REDIAL

I'm heading to bed in few. I'll do some research regarding your question and will seek to provide some clarity the next time we cross paths.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-15 12:43 AM | Reply

Fair enough. I'll work on my "Birth Certificate" nonsense in the meantime. :-)

#17 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-15 12:47 AM | Reply

"Why is it that these errors almost always flow in 1 direction politically?"

I have a question.
What direction does this error flow?

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-15 12:51 AM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY REDIAL

Are you buried in snow yet?

Lots of debate occurs down here in balmy Micigan regarding the value of a good kamado vs , for the same price, multiple cookers that can, in sum, match a kamado. At the end of the day a standard kettle cannot oven closely match a kamado in terms of heat retention.

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-15 12:58 AM | Reply

Are you buried in snow yet?

I missed the second of two big snows (already)... was in Ottawa for the canuck TG.

I like my Egg. I also like my ancient NG Genesis 3. Both can deal with stupid cold temps.

If I was burning charcoal on a slow cook @ -20, Egg all the way. Quick burger? Weber.

Egg vs other kamados? I'm sure you can flash burn your eyebrows off with any of them. :-)

#20 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-10-15 01:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"my question stands - why is it almost always in 1 direction?"

Tax cuts increase revenue, don'tcha know!

#21 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-10-15 01:45 AM | Reply

"Probably because only one side corrects its mistakes; the other wallows in them.
Tax cuts increase revenue, don'tcha know!

#21 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

So are you saying the media is biased to the left? I don't disagree at all, but it's odd to see a proggie actually admit it.

#22 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-15 02:08 AM | Reply

"Quick burger? Weber."

Lodge cast iron Hibachi.

www.williams-sonoma.com

#23 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-15 02:11 AM | Reply

#22 That is some fine reading comprehension you got there, with a side of putting words in someone's mouth.

#24 | Posted by bored at 2019-10-15 02:38 AM | Reply

The root problem is media racing to beat the competition in the age of the Internet. An inaccurate story or mis-labeled photo can circle the entire earth in a part of a second.

#25 | Posted by john47 at 2019-10-15 08:37 AM | Reply

American media.... fake news BS all the way.

Right now most accurate American news is Naked News. I believe only what I see and half of what I hear.

#26 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-15 09:10 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY SNIPER AT 2019-10-14 02:02 PM | FLAG: forgive them guy, for, after all, the are 'programmed' to believe any and all 'reported' by their libbie slanted media and are incapable of discerning lies from truth as long as it comes from 'their' sources. Example: we on the conservative right knew doe years that the Russian dossier was fake and the FBI and CIA [at the top] were dirty. Deep down they still cannot accept that. Now their lateset 'belief' is that President Trump committed an impeachable offense and since THEIR party and media tells them so it must be true....

#27 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-10-15 11:39 AM | Reply

Politifact and Snopes have a left leaning bias, so their fact checks must be taken with 'a grain of salt'. Of course if you are a leftie and they give you the answer you want to hear you will never question them.

#28 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-10-15 11:42 AM | Reply

They knew it was fake news just like the pics blaming Trump for Obama kids in cages was.
They didn't count on getting caught.

#29 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-10-15 11:49 AM | Reply

They didn't count on getting caught.

They didn't care, the damage had been done, thats how the media rolls these days...

Lie get them : 10Million hits
The Retract : 10,000 ....

#30 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-10-15 12:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Why is it that these errors almost always flow in 1 direction politically?

Good, but my question stands - why is it almost always in 1 direction?

#10 | Posted by JeffJ

One thing is for sure, news error CORRECTIONS are definitely more frequent on every channel not owned by rupert murdoch.

#31 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-15 01:26 PM | Reply

#28 | Posted by MSgt

Facts have a left leaning bias.

Your side is still trying to argue that maybe man isn't changing the climate and that tax cuts pay for themselves.

#32 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-15 01:27 PM | Reply

That's called CONFIRMATION BIAS. You only NOTICE it in one direction because you're brainwashed....

#31 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

Pot, meet kettle. That may be the most classic case of projection I have ever seen.

#33 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-15 01:30 PM | Reply

--Facts have a left leaning bias.

lol

#34 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-10-15 01:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#33 | Posted by JeffJ

Sorry jeff. Both sides doesnt apply here. Only ONE news network was created as a political operation to intentionally misinform the public for the benefit of one political party.

#35 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-15 01:35 PM | Reply

#35 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

Your comment was directed at me personally. It's no wonder you try to make it about Fox News once I held the mirror up to your face.

#36 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-15 01:45 PM | Reply

#36 | Posted by JeffJ

Yeah because YOU PERSONALLY dont look at fox news objectively. You just listen to the right wing whine about the supposed leftist media and you're gullible enough to believe the people who are paid to lie to you.

#37 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-15 02:29 PM | Reply

#37 I haven't watched Fox News (or any cable news) in years. I rarely listen to RW talk radio and when I do it's because I can't find a good song on the radio so I might flip on one of the more sane voices (Guy Gordon) on my way home from work.

#38 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-15 02:52 PM | Reply

#38 | Posted by JeffJ

You dont have to listen to fox news to get fox news talking points about how the media is "leftist". The same talking points come from limbaugh, breitbart, infowars, or any other sociopathic capitalist willing to take a paycheck to destroy the country.

#39 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-15 02:59 PM | Reply

#39 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

Again, you are projecting. You likely visit the LW versions of the sources you cited with great frequency.

#40 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-16 01:40 PM | Reply

"I don't listen to Limbaugh or his peers and I certainly don't visit sites like Breitbart, Inforwars, World Net Daily, Newsmax, etc."

Whatever.

The same right-wing nonsense makes its way onto the opinion pages of National Review and other sites you do read and post links to here.

Your views on many issues, ranging from the injustice of trans women in women's locker rooms, to the abject cruelty suffered by Brett Kavanaugh, are indistinguishable from Breitbart, Inforwars, World Net Daily, Newsmax, etc.

#41 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-16 01:44 PM | Reply

#41 I'm not taking the bait.

#42 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-16 02:35 PM | Reply

You're not facing up to facts.

I bet you can't find an article about Kavanaugh from those scurrilous sources that you disagree with.

#43 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-16 02:36 PM | Reply

ABC made a stupid and embarrassing mistake.

But riddle me this, all you outraged righties: if this was intentional to make Trump look bad by showing bombing and mayhem in Syria, why not just use the real footage? There really is bombing and mayhem raining down on the Kurds. Even Fox has been showing violent footage from there. It's barely distinguishable.

#44 | Posted by cbob at 2019-10-16 02:55 PM | Reply

CBob,

I agree with you. This is much ado about very little. ABC screwed up and offered a retraction and apology for their embarrassing mistake.

Let's move on.