Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A [Dutch] family who spent nine years in a basement "waiting for the end of time" have been discovered by police in the Netherlands after one of them turned up at a local pub, reports say.

Comments

"I couldn't take it any longer Lord I was crazed
And when the feeling came upon me like a tidal wave
I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
That I would love you to the end of time
I swore, that I would love you to the end of time
So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive
'Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
I don't think that I can really survive

I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
But god only knows what I can do right now
I'm praying for the end of time
It's all that I can do (oh oh oh)
Praying for the end of time, so I can end my life with you

Meatloaf
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-15 03:46 PM | Reply

"after one of them turned up at a local pub"

That's hilarious.... "F this, Martha, I'm getting a drink!".

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2019-10-15 04:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Un...breakable. They alive dammit! It's a MIRacle!

#3 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-15 05:25 PM | Reply

The End of Time is billions and billions of years away. The universe has to cool and drop to absolute zero before time can stop.

How can people be so stupid???

Oh let me guess. Some sort of Religious Dogma.

Never mind.

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-10-15 05:34 PM | Reply

Can you imagine 9 years waiting for the endtimes... only to emerge to..slam 5 bears and then find that idiot from the Apprentice became president?
I would think "they must be punking me"

#5 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2019-10-15 06:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

What a strange strange world we live in.

#6 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-10-15 06:27 PM | Reply

LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE!

#7 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-10-15 06:33 PM | Reply

"In the early 70s (I was stationed in Okinawa) A Japanese soldier was discovered in the tall grass off the runway end of a Philippine/US Military Base who was a hide away from the Japanese Army from WW2.
What a strange strange world we live in.

#6 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR "

They hadn't cut the grass in 25 years? Where was this? Clark AFB?

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-15 06:34 PM | Reply

angrydad, pinchaloaf, abortedmonson, snoofy, OWS, donnerboy, chuffy, and jpw started wondering why the Hamburger Helper wasn't being hurled down the stairs any more and upon investigation found out their mom had died.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-15 07:07 PM | Reply

Critical thinking?
Or suddenly you have a sense of humor?

#10 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-15 07:19 PM | Reply

Very tricky to use a mother's death as a comedy vehicle. Like making a joke about someone's spouse killing themselves.

#11 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-10-15 07:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LOL, a line from "Blast from the past".

I used to be in lust with Alicia Silverstone.

#12 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-10-15 08:35 PM | Reply

BttF

Who's president?

Ronald Reagan.

What? Jane Wyman is...

#13 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-10-15 09:22 PM | Reply

"So, let me get one thing straight here... We have a pro football team now, but they're in Nashville?"

Tom Hanks as Chuck Noland