Thursday, October 17, 2019

Rick Perry, the energy secretary who has drawn scrutiny for his role in the controversy surrounding President Trump's efforts to push Ukraine officials to investigate the son of a political rival, told the president on Thursday that he would resign from the cabinet.

Comments

He should stick around. He's 15th in line for the presidency and the way things are going, that gives him a pretty good chance.

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-18 01:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Oh [goat]man, I liked that one

#2 | Posted by arthurmann at 2019-10-18 04:20 AM | Reply

Perry wasn't swampy enough. Just wait till you see who replaces him.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-10-18 07:08 AM | Reply

Scott Walker haa been begging for a cabinet post. He also has no scientific background, just like Perry.

#4 | Posted by JOE at 2019-10-18 07:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Perry finally does something good for the country.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-18 08:34 AM | Reply

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now down to Dos Amigos.

#6 | Posted by cbob at 2019-10-18 10:10 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Imagine the conversation between Perry and Giuliani.

#7 | Posted by Docman at 2019-10-18 11:27 AM | Reply

I'm guessing Perry's replacement will be Barron Trump and that will be a dramatic improvement.

#8 | Posted by anton at 2019-10-18 12:03 PM | Reply

"President Trump, I need to inform you that I will be leading my post as Sec. of....um...um....um....you know the Dept. I was in charge of."

Rick Perry.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-18 12:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

You're in a lot of trouble, mister!
--Lucky Day

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2019-10-18 12:37 PM | Reply

I know it's dangerous to say this, but just about anyone would be an improvement over the former Governor Goodhair.

#11 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2019-10-18 07:51 PM | Reply

So Perry is gittin' out while the gittin' out is good. I didn't think Perry was smart enough to figure out that Trump was setting him up to be the fall guy.

I still don't think so. Perry must have had some help.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-10-20 06:10 AM | Reply