Saturday, October 19, 2019

Two NASA astronauts made space history on Friday, completing the first spacewalk by an all-woman team when they stepped outside the International Space Station.

Comments

Koch and Meir, clad in white spacesuits (Is there any other color??? But you just had to add that because they are women) and tethered by cords to the station some 408 km above Earth, stepped into outer space at 7:38 a.m. Eastern time (1138 GMT) to replace a faulty power unit designed to help condition energy stored from the station's solar panels, NASA announced online as it showed live video of the action.

A first attempt at an all-female spacewalk in March was called off because one of the astronauts' medium-sized spacesuits was not configured and ready for the journey.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 08:50 AM | Reply

US President Donald Trump spoke with Koch and Meir by phone from the White House during the final stretch of the spacewalk. "Station, this is President Donald Trump. Do you hear me?" (What - a - turd... )

The president, flanked by his daughter Ivanka Trump and vice president Mike Pence, said the astronauts were "brave, brilliant women" and mistakenly lauded the two as the first women to step outside the space station, prompting a gentle correction from Meir. (hahaha.... Pence... space cadet...)

"We don't want to take too much credit, because there have been many other female space-walkers before us. This is just the first time that there have been two women outside at the same time," Meir, the 15th woman to conduct a spacewalk, responded.
===============================

Why did the circus have to follow two real heroes? NASA should have pretended 'sunspot activity resulting in loss of communications'... Orange Duffer wouldn't have known it wasn't for real.

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 08:54 AM | Reply

Oh... my bad... it was DOTARD who said that.

Pence doesn't talk in Trump's presence... just stands there ready to lick his boots.

#3 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 08:58 AM | Reply

BFD.

#4 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-10-19 12:33 PM | Reply

^^^ What Sniper said. ^^^

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 03:40 PM | Reply

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 03:40 PM | Reply | Flag: Woman hating fat grouch

#6 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 04:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It looks like the race to the bottom is neck and neck:

sniper, 41 plonks
goatman, 38 plonks
sheepleschism, 26 plonks
dixvillenotch, 22 plonks
nullifidian, 20 plonks

#7 | Posted by Hans at 2019-10-19 04:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Sherpschittizm has come back as Iragoldberg.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-19 05:08 PM | Reply

"It looks like the race to the bottom is neck and neck:

sniper, 41 plonks
goatman, 38 plonks
sheepleschism, 26 plonks
dixvillenotch, 22 plonks
nullifidian, 20 plonks
#7 | POSTED BY HANS "

Indeed. If fact the top 18 are right wingers. So it looks more like a race of snowflakes -- the left

If chief moses, aborted monson, angrydad, megatroll snoofy and a few more were righties, they'd be plonked for sure. But they aren't. It just goes to show which side of the political spectrum are the snowflakes and need a "safe place" and which side isn't. The right doesn't need an echo chamber. They don[t need the safe place of plonking.

That aside, everyone but two people respond to my posts regularly. My plonk count has gone way up since I came back, but there has been no cessation of responses. Hmmm Looks like a lot of sock puppets to me.

Thanks, hans for pointing out which side the safe place snowflakes live on. LOL

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"Sherpschittizm has come back as Iragoldberg.

#8 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

LOL

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:08 PM | Reply

And hans is tied for the top plonked leftie. LOL

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

-- Looks like a lot of sock puppets to me.

Frauds and fakes. I have 3 plonkees and haven't responded to them since, even though I know they're out there--thanks to people quoting them--taking shots at me.

#12 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-10-19 05:16 PM | Reply

"Sherpschittizm has come back as Iragoldberg.

#8 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

I can assure you this isn't true.

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:28 PM | Reply

Looks like a lot of sock puppets to me.

Go get your narcissism checked by a psychiatrist.

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-10-19 05:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Go get your narcissism checked by a psychiatrist.

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK "

I know for a fact of one person who created four of them.

But OK, even if your right, it underscores my point how thin skinned proggies are. You don't see that many righties seeking a "safe place" by plonking. The snowflakes do that.

Congratulations on not being one of those echo chamber snowflakes btw, donnerboy.

#15 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK"

How do you explain that high of a plonk count, yet all but two active members respond to me? Hell, I don't think there are even 38 total regular posters here.

#16 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Yes, and after the White House lost contact with the International Space Station, Trump joked that perhaps they had cut him off because they didn't like what he had said to them. He has to always make everything about HIMSELF.

OCU

#17 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-10-19 05:46 PM | Reply

""Yea. Lots of people create sock puppets specifically to add to your plonk count.
POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK""

Also, clownie, I never claimed people specifically made sock puppets to add to my plonk count. I said many of them were sock puppets. The patriarch of that sock family probably created them for other reasons.

Tremain, e.g. obviously had at least one created when he was ------ since tremain's birth date is long before rcade took ------ away. I suspect he has several more in the wings.

J_TREMAIN

Seniority: 186

Private E-mail
No Home Page

Joined 2010/01/05
Visited 2019/10/19

------ was posting long after tremain's birth date and only an idiot would think they are not the same guy. So, yeah, people make sock puppets for whatever reasons -- not just to plonk me as you claim. But they come in handy when people want to do that.

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#18 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 05:55 PM | Reply | Flag: Woman hating fat grouch tries to move the spotlight from himself to the creator of this thread! Desperate times, desperate moves!

#19 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 06:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

GOATSHART.... as you can see I have not plonked you. I don't plonk people I once felt sorry for.

As for sock-puppets... YOU are the expert at creating those.

The day you showed your fat face back here, everyone's plonks went up. YOU did that. Even plonked yourself to stay out of suspicion.

I know how your sick mind works. Everyone does, GOATSHART/AVIGDORE. LOL

There is also the fact that you are the most disliked person around here. So your high plonk count might be genuine after all.

#20 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 06:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Aaaaand another thread successfully hijacked, trolled and destroyed by GOATSHART!!!

This thread is no longer about two heroic women.

It is now all about poor GOATSHART and his sorry lonely life.

Have at it, you fat fraker. My gift to you.

#21 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 06:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#18 back then Tremain only posted when ------ was taking a forced vacation.

#22 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-10-19 07:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"#18 back then Tremain only posted when ------ was taking a forced vacation.

#22 | POSTED BY BRUCEAZ "

I noticed that as well. It wasn't very subtle.

#23 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 07:19 PM | Reply

Judging by the gaps in the posting, I think I must've triggered a certain Pakistani whom I have plonked. I'll have to check the 7-11's and see if I can find a frothing one. LOL

I bought a really cool fish at the pet store today.

And BFD women space walking. They're equal to men. If the country and the world want to see everyone as equals, the media needs to stop reporting race, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, whatever. We are all just people.

Still, I'll bet we get a banner headline someday, "First Homosexual Spacewalks" as if it mattered what he does in the bedroom.

#24 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 07:26 PM | Reply

Stop talking to the Troll Bruce. He will get into your head and mess around and you'll never be yourself again!

#25 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 07:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Or just not worry about it...

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-19 07:31 PM | Reply

And the thread is now "me me me me I am the GOATSHART... me... look at me.... look at my SHARTS....!!!!"

Blimey!

RCADE... what were you thinking???

#27 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 07:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#26 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Leave it to the individual. It happens now. Blacks report when they are being treated unequally. Nothing wrong with that. But to report, "Black walks in space" is stupid. It makes it sound like an inferior human did something a superior one had been doing all along.

There's no difference between blacks and whites when it comes to things like this. Why bring it up? It is no more relevant than a red haired person walking in space.

#28 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 07:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Barf barf... barf barf... shart shart... goat sharts... a PLETHORA of sharts.....

Fat fraker has been triggered!

All it took was 2 women who did better than whatever his fat arse could ever manage to do. LOL

#29 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 07:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

""How would you like us to know if people of different race, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, whatever are being treated equally?
#26 | POSTED BY SNOOFY ""

By not highlighing gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. for doing something other people have done.

I learned a lesson from the civil rights era a lot of people (ironically, proggies)_ haven''t learned yet: Different rules for different people is not a good thing. Making headlines about women walking in space differentiates between women and men. That's a different rule because there aren't headlines, "WASP Walks in Space".

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 07:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

LOL

See? It's all about him now! haha

#31 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-19 07:55 PM | Reply

I'm just posting so that it's easier to look up. This is hilarious.

#32 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-10-19 08:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Good post Goatman.

#33 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-10-19 08:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Thx.

#34 | Posted by goatman at 2019-10-19 08:18 PM | Reply

Good story. Sign of progress. Inspirational for women and girls around the world.

#35 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-10-20 07:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sign of progress. Inspirational for women and girls around the world.

Of course.

But not according to GOATSHART.... no wonder he's all alone and going "me me me me me me me".

#36 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-20 07:26 AM | Reply

And hans is tied for the top plonked leftie. LOL
#11 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Oopsie ------- is a snarky elitist with a McCarthy book. But I'd never consider plonking him. I mean Who TF comes to a website to debate politics by silencing alternative views??

#37 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-10-20 03:10 PM | Reply

There was an interesting article a few months ago that posited that Goatman is really a troll.

No, it didn't. Nobody gives a ----. Stop making every thread about yourself, you jack wagon.

But seriously, there was an interesting article a few weeks ago that suggested that women make the ideal astronaut for long haul flights (Mars?) in essence because they tend to be smaller and they require fewer calories. Events like this matter if we want to continue to encourage greater equality and diversity among STEM fields. Sorry if reporting on it triggers some of you snowflakes.

#38 | Posted by dylanfan at 2019-10-21 06:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

There is also the huge problem that some men's vision goes bad in zero-G. By the tome you reach Mars, 80% of your crew would be so short-sighted, they would need to wear thick glasses. And yes, it's permanent. It doesn't get better when you get back to Earth.

Women don't suffer from this problem, for some reason we don't understand... or not to such a huge extent. Perhaps it's because of the rounder shape of the skull that doesn't put pressure on the optic nerve... don't know yet.

But point is, women will be ESSENTIAL for long space missions.

#39 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-21 07:30 AM | Reply

Stop making every thread about yourself, you jack wagon.

Understand GOAT-SHART?

Go jump off Niagara Falls in a barrel if you want to make it all about yourself.

#40 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-21 07:32 AM | Reply

39, of course women dont suffer from zero-G.

Men have no spot for a G, women do.

Also, with no G, some women appreciate that with aging.

For guys, low hanging fruit requires no G.

#41 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-10-21 12:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I am at a loss for words....

#42 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-10-21 01:15 PM | Reply