Sunday, October 20, 2019

Jon Pavlovitz: Apparently, I've been radicalized and I wasn't aware. Certain people call me the "radical Left" all the time. I never considered myself radical before. I just thought I was normal, ordinary, usual. I thought equity was important to everyone. I imagined America was filled with people who took that Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness stuff seriously - for all people. I thought the Golden Rule was actually mainstream.

Comments

It's easy to claim these positions... The things people support in order to achieve them is where we go off the rails.

"I believe the world is bigger than America.
I believe non-American human beings have as much value as American ones."

So does he support legal immigration, with those being here illegally subject to our laws
or
Does he support open borders, no human is illegal
?

#1 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2019-10-20 04:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

This guy is awesome. You can't be Pro Life is you do not support a military occupation of Syria. Too funny.

#2 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-10-20 05:51 PM | Reply

It's not your beliefs that make you a radical. It's the actions you take on behalf of those beliefs.

#3 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-10-20 06:01 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Well, one can always claim 'it's for the children'.

#4 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-10-20 06:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#2 | Posted by sitzkrieg

Not surprisingly, your reading/comprehension skills suck.

#5 | Posted by Angrydad at 2019-10-20 06:48 PM | Reply

"I believe..."

...that this writer is a blithering idiot, who spouts vague, glittering generalities and leftist cliches and pretends not to be a leftist. This is virtue-signaling nonsense on stilts.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-10-20 06:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#4 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-10-20 06:25 PM | Reply | Flag: Pointless and stupid.

#7 | Posted by Angrydad at 2019-10-20 06:53 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by madbomber

So what does the radical left do that's so radical? Complain? Vote?

#8 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-20 07:25 PM | Reply

"Does he support open borders, no human is illegal
#1 | POSTED BYKWRX25"

Wait.
There are illegal humans?

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-20 07:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#10 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2019-10-20 07:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

DR righties taught me that radical left means anybody who doesn't acknowledge Reagan's and Trumps divinity... or anyone driving a hybrid car.

#11 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2019-10-20 08:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Great writing again Angrydad! You seem to have quite a nack for finding it. You rock! You find writing that does express real ideas without preachiness. I love that. You are finding writing that expresses pretty much exactly what I believe expressed in ways I wish I was capable or doing.

Exactly my thougts WHODAMAN! That's one of the most important thoughts around today, now we need to deliver it to millions more people. Every American needs to ask why you can transfer billions to Ireland but an Irish person can't come here to work. It is basic math, we will not have enough workers to do all the jobs because of our low birth rate. This is a problem that needs addressing instead of playing idiotic white nationalist hate games. So, they're a little darker, when I'm 90 do you think I'm going to care what color the person taking care of me is? Do you honestly think I care about what color the lawyer who represents me in a law suit is?
GEt over yourselves white America, and I'm quite white as snow, we're causing us to have problems we don't even need to have.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-20 08:14 PM | Reply

"If it's ok for money to cross international borders, effectivly unimpeded, why isn't it ok for workers?"

Is it not OK for workers?

#13 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-10-20 08:21 PM | Reply

"At least they dont team up with putin to win elections. That's more radical than anything the left does."

That was the last election.

I wonder what dictator he'll pair up with for the next one. It seems like he might already be in Erdogan's pocket.

#14 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-10-20 08:29 PM | Reply

--we will not have enough workers to do all the jobs because of our low birth rate.

Automation will take care of that.

#15 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-10-20 08:34 PM | Reply

"Is it not OK for workers?"

Not if those workers are ok with their kids being put in cages. Themselves kept in Mexico. Not effort of asking for real refugess status accepted. Y'all are really just sick people. IMHO, Trump is the Beast, that we have read about for over one thousand years. He is the Devil. I'm not religious, I've never believed any of that stuff, but I am beginning to believe he is actually The Beast. He is pure evil.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-20 08:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

All this time I thought you were just stupid, not bat s--- crazy. I stand corrected.

#17 | Posted by willowby at 2019-10-20 08:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

All this time I haven't even considered you at all. I( think I might have seen a few of your posts, can't remember any of them.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-20 08:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Let's face it, there is a huge question in front of us, ie: do you believe Donald Trump believes in democracy or not?

#19 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-20 08:46 PM | Reply

"Not if those workers are ok with their kids being put in cages. Themselves kept in Mexico. Not effort of asking for real refugess status accepted."

I don't think you can request asylum out of want for a better job, so that's not a legitimate argument. Aside from that, can you point to anyone who wanted to come to the US to work being put in a cage after following the requisite procedures for entering the US for that purpose. Can you?

#20 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-10-20 10:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

"Idon't think you can request asylum out of want for a better job"

Sounds like you figured out workers can't cross borders.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-20 10:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"after following the requisite procedures for entering the US for that purpose. Can you?"

I can honestly tell you this. That with the willingness and the ability to spend tens of thousands of dollars I knowa person who did manage to come here "legally." But she required the services of lawyers and the ability to pay tens of thousands of dollars. Immigration into the United States today is a very expensive proposition, it shouldn't be that way but that is what it is. These people we are actually talking about are fleeing gang warfare that you have no idea how brutal and dangerous it is, they are fleeing hunger because their region of the world has been in constant drought fo nearly a decade. I can't speak for you, but I do know that if it were me and my family, I would come to the closest safe nation I could find, it would be stupid to do otherwise. That the closes safe nation is the U.S. is coincidental, these people are running for their lives and, I for one, will not close the door on them just because of technicalities. They are human beings no matter how inconvenient that is for you.

#22 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-21 01:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Did they really "escape" the violence?

#23 | Posted by boaz at 2019-10-21 08:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"If these people "ran for their lives" to escape gangs, made it to the U.S., but because of an open border, the gang members come too..."

Evidence of that?

"Did they really "escape" the violence?"

"The results in this updated brief show that in Texas in 2017, illegal immigrants were 47 percent less likely to be convicted of a crime than native-born Americans and legal immigrants were about 65 percent less likely to be convicted of a crime than native-born Americans. The conviction and arrest rates for illegal immigrants were lower than those for native-born Americans but higher than those for legal immigrants. This result holds in just about every case, including homicide, sex crimes, larceny, and most other crimes."

www.cato.org

#24 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-21 08:52 AM | Reply

Evidence of that?

What? Are you kidding me? Too easy...

So when I show you this evidence, will you admit that open borders are only allowing gangs to follow the "good" people here? Will you admit you are wrong and that we need a closed border with defined areas of entry to stop the very gangs from following this vulnerable population here?

Gang members increasingly conduct criminal activity across the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders. Gangs smuggle drugs, firearms, and aliens across the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders. The NDTS revealed that most gang-related criminal activity along the U.S.-Mexico Border occurs in South Texas and California (see Appendix E, Map 11). Several regional- and national-level gangs operate in the Del Rio/Eagle Pass, Laredo, and Lower Rio Grande Valley areas of South Texas. Street and prison gangs such as Mexikanemi (Texas Mexican Mafia), Tri-City Bombers, Hermanos de Pistoleros Latinos, and Texas Syndicate transport and distribute illicit drugs throughout the South Texas area. Some of these gangs reportedly have established associate gangs or chapters in border cities in Mexico. A number of gangs also operate in San Diego and Los Angeles. Street and prison gangs such as Sureos 13, 18th Street, and Mexican Mafia (La Eme) maintain significant influence over most of the local suburban and rural gangs in these areas. They work very closely with Mexican DTOs located in Tijuana, Mexico, to smuggle drugs and illegal aliens into the United States.

www.justice.gov

www.washingtonexaminer.com

www.dhs.gov

#25 | Posted by boaz at 2019-10-21 10:02 AM | Reply

www.cato.org

#24 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2019-10-21 08:52 AM | FLAG: Ah, but if they were not here at all [and they shouldn't be as they are not leegal] they there would be no crimes by them, not police and legal time/money wasted. I wonder just how many Americans would be alive right now that were killed, either purposely {murder} or by an illegal driver in an accident. As usual, your ilk care more about the illegals than American citizens.

#26 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-10-21 12:32 PM | Reply

That was the last election.

#14 | Posted by madbomber

No that's this election too. The intelligence agencies have said putin is still trying to influence our elections and get into our election systems. You think he's doing that to make his puppet LOSE?

#27 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-21 01:49 PM | Reply

That was the last election.

#14 | Posted by madbomber

Facebook: Russian trolls are back. And they're here to meddle with 2020
www.cnn.com

#28 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-10-21 01:59 PM | Reply

Notice I didnt get an answer to #25...

#29 | Posted by boaz at 2019-10-21 03:13 PM | Reply

"Will you admit you are wrong and that we need a closed border with defined areas of entry to stop the very gangs from following this vulnerable population here?"

We don't have that?
Why didn't Trump do this?

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-21 03:17 PM | Reply

"I can't speak for you, but I do know that if it were me and my family, I would come to the closest safe nation I could find, it would be stupid to do otherwise.

The US is not the closest nation to Central America, which is where most of the migrants are coming from. Socialist Venezuela is several hundreds miles closer, and can be reached without having to cross national borders. And they speak the same language in Venezuela.

That the closes safe nation is the U.S. is coincidental, these people are running for their lives and, I for one, will not close the door on them just because of technicalities."

Really? You won't close the door?

How many of them are you willing to board at your house? How much of your personal income are you willing to part with in order to provide them with a new life?

#31 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-10-21 03:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"How many of them are you willing to board at your house?"

Probably zero.

"How much of your personal income are you willing to part with in order to provide them with a new life?"

In terms of the tax burden, that's maybe a nickel? A quarter?

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-21 03:20 PM | Reply

Nobody is 'closing the door'. The 'door' is established points of entry.

These people are breaking and entering.

#33 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-21 03:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"In terms of the tax burden, that's maybe a nickel? A quarter?"

What does the tax burden have to do with?

It's not the taxpayers who were making the claim that they weren't going to close doors...it was Danni.

And if she's not willing to pony up, she can't really say she's not willing to close doors. Because that's exactly what she's doing. At best she's volunteering others to do the work that she herself does not want to do.

#34 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-10-21 04:01 PM | Reply

--Nobody is 'closing the door'.

Except for "progressives" living in gated communities and walled-off mansions.

bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com

#35 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-10-21 04:09 PM | Reply

Nobody is 'closing the door'. The 'door' is established points of entry.
These people are breaking and entering.

And when i posted proof of families who were separated despite having attempted to enter at an established point of entry, you disappeared.

#36 | Posted by JOE at 2019-10-21 04:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Apply for "asylum" or "refugee status" at any one of the 9 US consulates in Mexico. Problem solved. Next.

#37 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-10-21 04:58 PM | Reply

#37 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Wrong.

They can't apply for Asylum or Refugee Status to come to the US unless they are physically present in the US, i.e. at the border at least. The only exception is for massive natural disasters where refugee status is pre-approved for a group of people.

The only refugee status you can obtain individually is staying at the embassy for a little while but generally this only goes for high profile people. Or in the alternative, parole to the US during a humanitarian disaster or because you are a public benefit to the US.

This is why Republicans get votes. Their idiot supporters don't understand the law or facts but because they think they know everything, they refuse to look them up.

#38 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-10-22 11:05 AM | Reply

Wrong

This is not true, you can apply for refugee status in your home country. Then once in the country you may apply for Asylum.

If you are outside the United States, and have experienced past persecution or have a well-founded fear of future persecution in your home country, you may be able to apply for refugee status, allowing you to come to the United States. This involves filling out a refugee application form, providing certain documents, and meeting various other criteria. See the eligibility guidelines for more on who can gain asylum in the U.S.
www.alllaw.com

You might be eligible for an embassy or consulate referral to the U.S. Refugees Admissions Program, which is basically a request by the embassy or consulate that another U.S. government agency (the U.S. Department of Homeland Security or DHS) examine you to decide whether you should be allowed to enter the United States as a refugee (a form of long-term protection very similar to asylum status).
www.nolo.com

#38 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT FLag Arrogant

#39 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-10-22 11:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Nobody is 'closing the door'. The 'door' is established points of entry."

But it is closed.

#40 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-22 11:48 AM | Reply

A legitimate refugee doesn't really have weeks or months to sit around waiting for forms to be approved. And contrary to rightwing gossip, not every refugee is an economic refugee. Many live in warzones or are targeted by violent gangs. They should sit at home and die rather than start moving?

#41 | Posted by JOE at 2019-10-22 11:49 AM | Reply

Andrea's likely response to my post is very relevant to the article and will display an utter lack of humanity.

#42 | Posted by JOE at 2019-10-22 11:50 AM | Reply

"They should sit at home and die rather than start moving?"

Now you're getting it.