Monday, October 21, 2019

Transgender Cyclist Rachel McKinnon continues to smash women's cycling records, the latest being a "world record" in the women's 200m sprint.

But not everyone was thrilled by the big win. Jennifer Wagner-Assali, a competitor who lost to McKinnon in the past " but did not race last weekend " called McKinnon's win "unfair," the Times reported.

"It was an unfair race, and I accepted that when I pinned on the number, and I tried to do my best to overcome the unfairness," Wagner-Assali said of McKinnon's dominance over natural-born female racers. "I do feel that hard-fought freedoms for women's sport are being eroded. If we continue to let this happen, there will be men's sports and co-ed sports, but there won't be any women's sports," Wagner-Assali added.

Comments

Absurd. Put an asterisk on every one of these "records."

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-10-21 05:12 PM | Reply

Was it Andrea?

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-21 05:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

This is easily remedied by the ajudicating body using a sex chromosome definition for men's and women's sports.

Until they do that, I'm not going to blame the athletes for playing by the rules.

We now return to to your regularly scheduled anti-trans right-wing thread.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-10-21 05:35 PM | Reply

Sports may have to reevaluate competition to keep up with reality.

For too long, sports has tried to place people into two easy categories. Time has shown that to be an erroneous practice.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-10-21 07:29 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by LampLighter

I agree. Women should not have to train all their lives to compete in something they love for the glory and joy. They should be barefoot and pregnant.

Let the trans have women's sports.

Now get me a beer.

#5 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-10-21 10:04 PM | Reply

@#5 ... Women should not have to train all their lives to compete in something they love for the glory and joy. They should be barefoot and pregnant.

Let the trans have women's sports. ...

Your comments are often quite vile...

#6 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-10-21 10:52 PM | Reply

I think I am about as liberal as anyone and I support trans people completely but no, women should not have to compete with them in sports.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-22 08:30 AM | Reply

Women cry they're equal,and now complain about competition with fake women. If you want to push that equal crap then quit crying, you're just another person nothing different.

#8 | Posted by patron at 2019-10-22 11:21 AM | Reply

Was it Andrea?
#2 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Nah, unlike you I respect women.

#9 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-10-22 11:23 AM | Reply

If you're gay, you're gay. Very few people I have ever met even care. But you can never change you sex any more than you can "self-identify" and suddenly change race or ethnicity. Cosmetic surgery and steroids don't change nature.

#10 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2019-10-22 04:29 PM | Reply

Bouncers hate dealing with trannies.

Why?

Your eyes tell you one thing but their muscles tell you another.

#11 | Posted by Tor at 2019-10-22 04:41 PM | Reply

Even with testosterone suppressors men have a biological advantage over women when it comes to physical activities.

This whole thing flies in the face of why women's sports were created in the first place.

We're seeing it more and more. A guy will be mid-pack on the track team. He'll spend a year "transitioning" and then mop up the track against the girls and shatters all sorts of girls records.

To say it's unfair is an understatement.

I am extremely supporting of trans people however this goes too far, as do parents who do full sex-change on their pre-pubescent children (kids with gender dysphoria resort back to their biological gender 85% of the time post-puberty).

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-10-22 05:29 PM | Reply

I have a friend cyclist that "transitioned" and she's now cleaning up the regional ladies in cyclecross.

I recall people on this very thread saying it was outlier sports only. But more and more mainstream sports will be affected, won't be long now before an NCAA woman's basketball team has one playing.

#13 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-10-22 06:10 PM | Reply

Cycling? There's a clean sport lol.

#14 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-10-23 08:52 AM | Reply