Thursday, October 24, 2019

Democrats are admonishing Republicans and President Donald Trump for attacking Joe Biden and his family amid the ongoing Ukraine scandal, calling their criticisms a distraction from Trump's current predicament. More than a dozen Democratic senators fought back against the president's insinuations that there was something suspicious about Joe Biden and his son Hunter's connections to Ukraine, or that the former vice president and current 2020 hopeful pushed for the removal of a Ukrainian prosecutor to protect his son. Their defense highlights their allegiance to Biden as well as Democrats' strategy of keeping the attention focused on Trump. "I think it's very clear that the president is very afraid of Joe," said Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii). "And so he's going after Joe and his family for political purposes and I'll stand with Joe against any president who acts that way."

Comments

I've been discussing Biden and his son's deal with the company in Ukraine which paid him $50,000 per month with other Democrats. I've changed my mind about this, we would be crazy to nominate Biden, Trump would eat him alive with this information. I don't care if there was illegality involved in the Hunter Biden relationship with that company or not, it looks very crooked. It smells badly and we need our nominee to not be so sullied, we need someone completely without scandal of any kind. I think that, from this day forward to the nomination, I will oppose Joe Biden's nomination as strongly as I can and I will be trying to convince others to do the same. He will lose the election if he is nominated because of this smelly scandal, legal or not. Democrats need to win the election so we have to be smart about who we choose to represent us.
I have lots of other disagreements with Joe Biden about bankruptcy, Hyde amendment, etc. Joe Biden represents banks and insurance companies not us. F Joe Biden.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-24 08:56 AM | Reply

Matt Taibbi was already reporting how Biden's corruption may end up helping him ...

Taibbi: Ukrainegate, Biden corruption, Hillary's Tulsi smear

#2 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-10-24 09:25 AM | Reply

I'm not saying Biden is corrupt but only that he has bad judgement about politics. I imagine that he probably looked the other way as his son did this because he didn't, at that time, invision himself running for President. But, for Democrats, he muddied himself to badly to risk the WH on him.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-24 09:42 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I've seen Facebook posts, bumper stickers, and yard signs in support of Bernie, Warren, Yang, Tulsi, and The Klob over the past few months. I've spoken to friends and acquaintances who voiced their support for Bernie and Warren. Nothing Biden anywhere, unless it was negative talk (usually about smelling kids).

#4 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-10-24 05:15 PM | Reply

You have a year to watch Biden age even further into confusion, and eventually turn into the crypt-keeper, which scares little kids and Millennials.

#5 | Posted by Spork at 2019-10-24 07:03 PM | Reply

"the crypt-keeper, which scares little kids and Millennials"

People who have fond memories of the crypt keeper are much more likely to turn out and actually vote.

#6 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-10-24 08:34 PM | Reply

"we need someone completely without scandal of any kind."

Good luck with that. But congrats on your conversion to and coming out as a full fledged purity pony.

#7 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-10-24 08:36 PM | Reply

"But congrats on your conversion to and coming out as a full fledged purity pony."

Hardly, I critize Joe Biden but if he is the nominee I'll still vote for him. I'm a Democrat and have been one all my life. Unlike so many here, I believe we need a party to accomplish anything.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2019-10-25 07:21 AM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY DANNI

Corporate Democrats like the Clintons and Obama used you ...

Thomas Frank: The Liberal Elite Don't Care Much About Inequality
youtu.be
[32:22]

But when it came time to help working and middle-class Americans, the Clintons and Obama were no where to be found.

Thomas Frank points all this out very clearly, and this is from the guy who wrote 'What's the Matter with Kansas'.

#9 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2019-10-25 03:31 PM | Reply