Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Sen. Lindsey Graham criticized the House Democrats' impeachment inquiry on Wednesday while also issuing a rebuke, and potentially a new talking point, that the Trump administration was too inept to carry out a quid pro quo in regard to Ukraine foreign policy.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Well, that's a creative defense if I have ever seen one.

Judge ... My President is too stupid to have committed that crime.

Comments

This is what I said

And when I say "said" what I mean is I read it on the national review and slavishly repeated it here on the DR

- Jefftoecentrelawyeberly

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-11-06 06:36 PM | Reply

How is, "Trump is too fkkking stupid", a defense?

If he's too fkkking stupid to know how to do his job. Perhaps he shouldn't be POTUS.

#2 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-11-06 06:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"So no, I find the whole process to be a sham and I'm not going to legitimize it."

The old kicking up mud method.

Essentially, a QPQ was impossible due to the chaotic nature of Trump's policy implementation.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2019-11-06 07:03 PM | Reply

Stupidest thing I have heard today...

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-11-06 07:36 PM | Reply

Heck, this isn't the first time. Junior and the gang weren't indicted for the Trump Tower meeting because Mueller concluded the participants were too stupid to know they were breaking the law.

#5 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-11-06 08:10 PM | Reply

"Trump administration was too inept to carry out a quid pro quo in regard to Ukraine foreign policy."

I suppose it never occurred to Graham that Trump isn't the one doing the heavy thinking.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-11-06 08:14 PM | Reply

A few months ago I read an article about a death row inmate that was too inept to pass basic intelligence tests but was too guilty not to be put down like a dog.

#7 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-11-06 09:05 PM | Reply

"My client is too stupid..."

Client, interrupting, "See, judge, look at the lawyer I hired."

#8 | Posted by grumpy_too at 2019-11-06 10:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I hate to say it, but it's usually the inept criminals that get caught, and it's the ones who confess to the crime that get convicted.

#9 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2019-11-07 02:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

No Lindsay, that is just a convenient excuse for you to ignore obviously illegal behavior and gives you an excuse for not doing your job.

#10 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-11-07 08:00 AM | Reply

Not an excuse Lindsay. Prisons are full of the stupid.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-11-07 08:44 AM | Reply

Too inept to beat every Republican and then Clinton.

Dont underestimate ineptness.

#12 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-11-07 08:47 AM | Reply

@#12 ... Too inept to beat every Republican and then Clinton. ...

That was then.

This is now.

Will the ineptness of Pres Trump be a feature or a burden in 2020?

Will the ineptness of Pres Trump be enough to discourage the swing voters from voting for him again?

Having said that, I still think there is more than a 50-50 chance the inept Pres Trump will be re-elected.

#13 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-07 10:38 AM | Reply

LAMP

I believe there's a 100% chance Trump will pull out every dirty trick in the book to get re-elected. He's got a big marker hanging over his head and Vladimir Putin is the type who expects a return on his investment, plus interest . . . if you get my drift.

These friendships of political convenience have a short life span when power and money are threatened.

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-11-07 12:04 PM | Reply

So either way, he shouldn't be president?

#15 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-11-07 03:01 PM | Reply

Lets try to build a bipartisan consensus here.

I agree completely that conservatives are totally inept at governing. Anyone want to disagree with the honorable Senator Graham on that front?

#16 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-11-08 09:37 AM | Reply

New GOP campaign slogan: "We may be corrupt, but at least we're dumber than hell!"

Response from Trumpian base: "Ooh, they owned them libruls!"

#17 | Posted by cbob at 2019-11-08 10:08 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

When I inevitably get caught with a trunk full of meth, baggies and a scale I'm gonna try this defense out and see how far it gets me...

"Ocifer - I reckon' I'm too dum to do all the maths required for proper drug-dealing."

#18 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2019-11-08 02:44 PM | Reply