Sunday, November 10, 2019

Two people were killed in New Jersey early Sunday when a Porsche launched into the air and smashed into the second story of a commercial building, authorities said. The sports car was traveling at "a high rate of speed" on Hooper Avenue when the driver lost control, hit the center median and smashed through a window on the building's second floor, Toms River Police spokeswoman Jillian Messina told Fox News via email. The crash happened around 6:30 a.m., Sgt. Vincent Pedalino told NJ.com. He said the building, which houses a real estate office and several other businesses, was unoccupied at the time. Skid marks could be seen stretching across four lanes of traffic in the direction of the building, the outlet reported. The Porsche appeared to bore a gaping hole in the brick building, according to pictures that local news outlets posted online. First responders cordoned off the area as they investigated how the vehicle went airborne.

Comments

Was it the new Taycan? I hear that thing flies!

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-11-10 02:57 PM | Reply

My other car is a hearse.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2019-11-10 03:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

a 2010 Porsche Boxster convertible

My wife's HighLander could beat that car...

#3 | Posted by boaz at 2019-11-10 05:19 PM | Reply

My wife's HighLander could beat that car...

My 4Runner can beat an F-35...

#4 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-11-10 06:03 PM | Reply

My wife's HighLander could beat that car...

Yeah but can it fly?

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-11-10 06:26 PM | Reply

The sports car was traveling at "a high rate of speed"

In the Porsche manual this is known as the Vr

#6 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-11-10 06:30 PM | Reply

HighLander could beat that car...

2010 C***ster: 0-60 5.1 sec, 60-0 101ft/ 0.92g on the skid pad

2018 Toyota grocery cart Highlander: 0-60 7.2sec, 60-0 128ft./ 0.76 skid pad

We can add automobiles to the list of things you dont know anything about. Just guessing here, you drive a mustang/charger, correct?

#7 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-11-10 06:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#7 | POSTED BY BLUSKY

You sound like a fun person to be around

#8 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-11-10 07:25 PM | Reply

Blusky,

I didnt mean it literaly. I know a crappy Porche Boxer can beat my wife's car. But a boxer isnt a 911.

And yes, I drive a 2017 Mustang GT with the track/performance pack. Yea, 450hp/440lbs of torque....sub 4's 0-60..

For alot less than a crappy Porche, Boxer or 911..

#9 | Posted by boaz at 2019-11-10 10:00 PM | Reply

So you have a pony.

You could still at least spell Porsche right.

You Porche monkey

#10 | Posted by bruceaz at 2019-11-10 10:44 PM | Reply

You sound like...
Yeah, I'm a real hoot.

Perhaps you are equipped to make a distinction between the times Bozo says something stupid because is he trying to be cute/funny and the times Bozo says something stupid because he actually doesn't know anything. I don't bother.

I read it as classic Bozo. He is trying to take the piss outa Porsche drivers. They are less clever than he is, suckers, probably librulz, and they can't even "beat" his wife's car! A female! He could have bleated on about how the "baby" Porsche hardly outperforms his mustang/camaro/charger at nearly twice the price the way a car guy might. But no, he has to overstep in true Bozo fashion and reveal to anyone paying attention, that although he often makes comments on the car threads he actually doesn't know anything useful or even true about cars.

#11 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-11-10 10:50 PM | Reply

I drive a 2017 Mustang GT with the track/performance pack
I rest my case.

#12 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-11-10 10:52 PM | Reply

Sorry, actually, I'm a car guy. I cant let that go.

Why oh why on Allah's green Earth, would you pony up for the track pack (aka liberal agenda "ecoboost")and NOT just get the GT350R? Forget the only flat-plane crank outside Italy, just for the Shelby badge alone it worth a few more grand.

#13 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-11-10 11:09 PM | Reply

It's just a glorified Volkswagon.

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-11-10 11:35 PM | Reply

#14,

Damn Blusky, Laura knows more about cars than you do.

That Boxer cant "outperform" my GT. Period.

And you are an idiot if you think it can.

#15 | Posted by boaz at 2019-11-11 07:47 AM | Reply

It seems you would have to have at least 10-12 feet lift to land on the second floor.

I wonder how they got that kind of air - not by hitting a 4 inch curb.

#16 | Posted by kudzu at 2019-11-11 10:24 AM | Reply

Sorry, I actually looked at the article. It looks like they got more than 10-12 feet.

#17 | Posted by kudzu at 2019-11-11 10:25 AM | Reply

That Boxer cant "outperform" my GT. Period.

That boxster is a 2010 and embedded in a brick building, so you're probably right. I'm guessing if you hoist it out it could still take a 2010 mustang around a track.

A true like-for-like comparison of 2017 models is admittedly sketchy as a boxster is a ground up designed convertible for hairdressers and a mustang cabriolet is a coupe with the top chopped off. But if you did make a comparison it would look something like this:
www.zeperfs.com
Twice the displacement yet a mustang still loses.
We haven't gotten to interior materials, reliability, cornering, braking, available options or resale value. Those are all categories a glorified Fusion will lose.

glorified Volkswagon(sic)
So is a Chiron. What's your point?

#18 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-11-11 04:49 PM | Reply

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

#19 | Posted by boaz at 2019-11-11 07:52 PM | Reply

First link: A stock boxster vs a dude that faults the green in a blownout mustang with a Kenne Bell supercharger on race slicks.
So I ignored the other two.
Like I said, you dont know anything useful or true about cars.

Here is a stock GT350 (the Mustang you should have bought) trying to keep up with a Cayman GT4 (a better like-for-like than the baby Porsche) around High Plains Racetrack.
Try not to blush.
www.youtube.com

#20 | Posted by BluSky at 2019-11-11 08:42 PM | Reply

#19 - Sure, all roads go in straight lines. LOL

You and your Mustang can beat a Porsche, until you have to turn the wheel and step on the brake.

#21 | Posted by hoser at 2019-11-12 08:38 AM | Reply