Thursday, November 14, 2019

Fox News hosts were stunned last night as they mulled over footage of an impeachment inquiry witness drinking water.

Comments

It just shows how desperate the Fox News hosts are to find something, anything, to talk about, besides the evidence being presented.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-14 12:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

They should have been drinking the blood of immigrant brown babies instead, one s'poses

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2019-11-14 02:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I am enjoying the hell out of watching Republican dreams die, and I hope the process accelerates!

#3 | Posted by john47 at 2019-11-14 03:01 PM | Reply

Republicans know their voters aren't paying any attention to the impeachment hearings.

So they run nonsense and tell their viewer Trump is a victim of the mean socialist democrats.

Fearmongering and lies. It's all Republicans have.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-11-14 03:08 PM | Reply

Disingenuous thread title
#FAIL

#5 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-11-14 03:13 PM | Reply

Remember what a big deal this was made out to be?

www.youtube.com

of course not....

#6 | Posted by eberly at 2019-11-14 03:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 That is a great call, Ebs.

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-11-14 03:21 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY EBERLY

I honestly dont remember that being a big deal. Did I miss a huge thread about it? I will say it was the most awkward drink of water I can recall (made me laugh actually). So what, people get thirsty...

#8 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-11-14 03:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

it was comical to be sure...and no doubt we had a thread on it here.

#9 | Posted by eberly at 2019-11-14 03:28 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY JUSTAGIRL_IDAHO

My recollection is that on the DR it wasn't that big of a deal, except to a couple of the usual suspects. I recall the MSM trying to make it into a big deal.

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-11-14 03:29 PM | Reply

and no doubt we had a thread on it here.

#9 | POSTED BY EBERLY

We did. A couple of lefty morons were in a tizzy over it, but they were in the minority. Most of the DR lefties thought it was tacky but not a big deal.

#11 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-11-14 03:31 PM | Reply

Remember what a big deal this was made out to be?
www.youtube.com
of course not....

#6 | POSTED BY EBERLY

Oh... I knew before clicking on the link you were talking about Rubio.

It was funny. Mainly in how awkward it was.

I really don't know what point you are trying to make, though. That it is ridiculous for pundits to talk about water consumption? I agree. Though, I only saw them talking about Rubio on comedy shows (as a general rule I don't watch pundits). Did CNN make a big deal out of Rubio?

#12 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-11-14 03:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

-That it is ridiculous for pundits to talk about water consumption? I agree.

yes...I embellished a little when I claimed Rubio's thing was that big of a deal.

#13 | Posted by eberly at 2019-11-14 04:14 PM | Reply

In one case, Rubio was what, 10 minutes on the air, while George Kent sat for 5 1/2 hours in a Congressional hearing room.

But in all honesty, the issue with Rubio was that is was totally unexpected and rather comical looking. If he had been standing behind a podium and had taken a drink from a glass of water that had been sitting in plain sight, no would have said a thing. But rather, it was him lurching almost out of view of the camera to grab a bottle of water and then barely taking a swig that made it so memorable (after all, you recalled it immediately). In the end, it made him look like he was totally unprepared for the task that had been given to him. Three years later, when he was one of so many people running in the Republican primary, I suspect that when Trump referred to him as 'Little Marco', that this image of him grabbing that water bottle was in his mind as well.

OCU

#14 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-11-14 04:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's watergate all over again.

#15 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-11-14 04:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

it was comical to be sure...and no doubt we had a thread on it here.

#9 | POSTED BY EBERLY

We did. I remember when that happened.

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2019-11-14 04:26 PM | Reply

I thought for sure Eberly was linking to this

youtu.be

#17 | Posted by JOE at 2019-11-14 04:38 PM | Reply

Joe, the last segment of your video proved my point about Trump and 'little Marco'. Thank you.

OCU

#18 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-11-14 04:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The funny thing is that the fox "news" analysts are discussing the guy drinking water, while a banner says Dems' Embarrassing Display of Partisan Theatrics.

I love me some hypocritical irony.

#19 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-11-14 06:47 PM | Reply

Anyone remember Orange Adolf looking like a drunk monkey trying to master the art of
Drinking out of a bottle and of water? Google it faux news.

#20 | Posted by zelkova at 2019-11-14 07:19 PM | Reply

My apologies to fish, I wasn't perfect (like a certain phoney call on the above thread).

#21 | Posted by zelkova at 2019-11-14 07:21 PM | Reply

I think this water drinking conversation is missing the point. Judge Judy, who has been analyzing witnesses behavior for 40 years and (I guess) could be considered a credible expert, says that when a witness takes a drink of water during testimony it a "tell" that they're lying. She swears by it.

I suppose that lying could cause dry mouth. Or maybe for someone unaccustomed to public speaking, it's just a case of nerves. For a politician, however, it's more likely they just need a pause to organize their mind around the lie they're telling.

#22 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-11-15 02:07 AM | Reply

Drinking out of anything without a ------ probable gives Trump flashbacks to his "terrible twos."

#23 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-11-15 02:12 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Well, guess the Liberals are already accepting defeat. When the only response to pettiness is your own pettiness, you've lost. It's very similar to Liberals being so petty to call anyone who didn't agree with Obama on anything a racist because they couldn't come up with an intelligent response. Sucks because I thought Libs would be able to use this impeachment process as a way to not have to show their hypocrisy and pettiness. Obviously the party being attacked is going to be petty, that's just politics and partisan hate. Stop falling into the Con's trap, seriously.

#24 | Posted by humtake at 2019-11-15 12:05 PM | Reply

"It's very similar to Liberals being so petty to call anyone who didn't agree with Obama on anything a racist because they couldn't come up with an intelligent response.'

That's when 16% of Republicans approved of Obamacare, but 32% supported The Affordable Care Act.

#25 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-11-15 12:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Who PAID for the water?

Huh???

#26 | Posted by contrecoup at 2019-11-15 02:27 PM | Reply

OMG! Did anyone scratch thier ass?

#27 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-11-15 05:37 PM | Reply

#24 | Posted by humtake

So liberal pettiness means liberals lose.

But conservative pettiness means conservatives win?

#28 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-11-15 11:35 PM | Reply