Saturday, November 16, 2019

Farm Finances Continue to Weaken Amid Ongoing Uncertainty: Farm credit conditions in the Federal Reserve's Tenth District continued to deteriorate steadily in the third quarter of 2019. Despite a slight increase in the price of some agricultural commodities and additional support from government payments, farm income and loan repayment rates declined at a modest pace. According to District bankers, agricultural economic conditions in the quarter were influenced by uncertainty about crop production, agricultural trade and other factors that contributed to commodity price fluctuations. Persistent weaknesses in the sector put further pressure on farm finances and signs of modest increases in credit stress remained. Farmland values, however, remained stable, and provided ongoing support for the sector.

Comments

Everything the bloated------------ touches dies.

#1 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2019-11-16 09:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I wonder if these farmers will really give Trump another chance to kill them?

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2019-11-16 09:22 AM | Reply

According to eberly, who can see the financials of farmers everywhere from his front porch, all is well and there is nothing for them to complain about

#3 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-11-16 11:15 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Farmers must be tired of all this "winning".

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-11-16 03:06 PM | Reply

winning

#5 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-11-16 04:18 PM | Reply

Rain On The Scarecrow -John Cougar Mellencamp
www.youtube.com

Scarecrow on a wooden cross Blackbird in the barn
Four hundred empty acres that used to be my farm
I grew up like my daddy did My grandpa cleared this land
When I was five I walked the fence while grandpa held my hand

Rain on the scarecrow Blood on the plow
This land fed a nation This land made me proud
And Son I'm just sorry there's no legacy for you now
Rain on the scarecrow Blood on the plow
Rain on the scarecrow Blood on the plow

#6 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-16 06:34 PM | Reply

Get in line.

#7 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-11-17 12:50 PM | Reply

For the coming year Der Dotard will repeat the following at every speech he makes in farm country, and at every rally his minions put on for him:

They claim that I'm a criminal
By now I wonder how
Some people never know
The enemy could be their friend, guardian
I'm not a hooligan
I rock the party and
Clear all the madness, I'm not a racist
Preach to teach to all
'Cause some they never had this
Number one, not born to run
About the gun
I wasn't licensed to have one
The minute they see me, fear me
I'm the epitome, a public enemy
Used, abused without clues
I refused to blow a fuse
They even had it on the news
Don't believe the hype

It's a strange, weird state of affairs in this country when our president could quote Public Enemy, and his followers (1) wouldn't real the source and context of the words, and (2) would thin those words could actually apply to the man saying them...

#8 | Posted by catdog at 2019-11-18 09:14 AM | Reply