Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Ady Barkan: I have spent my entire career at the messy and vital intersection of movement-building, electoral politics, and governance. And for the past three years, I've done that work under the debilitating weight of ALS, a deadly neurological illness that's robbed me of my ability to do almost all the things that most people take for granted: hug my son, go for a walk with my newborn daughter, or speak to my wife. I was diagnosed three weeks before the 2016 presidential election, and I vividly remember wondering, on that tragic November night, whether I was going to die under President Donald Trump.

Comments

I'm voting blue no matter who. First choice though is Warren though Bernie is just as good but his health problems scared me a little.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2019-11-21 08:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I support them all! I hope there is a place in the Warren Administration for all of them! Especially Bernie. In my heart I will always be a Bernie Bro...

I want Warren AND Sanders. But, Sanders age IS a concern. So Sanders with Warren as VP would be awesome too. I am kind of Bi-blue I guess and could go either way!!!(With Biden it is even more of a concern for his age because of what seems too much like early dementia already... like Reagan had sadly)

Both Sanders and Warren have the fierce commitment passion and drive I love to see and I know we will need to win against the fierce level of hate they will face... even if Trump is impeached (which could and probably will make it even worse).

I think that only Warren has the energy strength drive and commitment (and pretty good plans already) to do what needs to be done without it killing her.

History does not repeat itself but it sure does rhyme!

Pocahontas may end up saving the colonies from themselves once again.

#2 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-11-21 09:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Pocahontas may end up saving the colonies from themselves once again."

Flipping the script and owning the intended insult--I like it.

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-11-21 09:10 AM | Reply

"even if Trump is impeached (which could and probably will make it even worse)."

No argument about that but the case against Trump is getting too strong to be denied and if the Republicans in the Senate refuse to convict it could cause them to be voted out and thereby flip the Senate. Then if a Democrat wins the Presidency we would be in a good position to add several SC Justices and overturn CU and other undemocratic garbage the Republicans on the court have pushed through to enable oligarchs to steal our government. The 2020 election should be viewed as our final chance to save democracy. We won't get another. We risk living in a Russia-like oligarchy if we don't win in 2020.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2019-11-21 09:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"if the Republicans in the Senate refuse to convict it could cause them to be voted out and thereby flip the Senate."

Everything affects everything.

The evidence is overwhelming already. It's very damning. The headlines look terrible for Trump. Which is even worse because of his Bigly out of control Ego has got to be ready to explode or wag the dog or kick the dog or do something to that damn dog by now!

Look at the insane twitter rants. Who frickin does that?

I can hardly look but can't look away like it's a slow motion disaster/crash with people getting decapitated or jumping out of the Trade Center from the 100th floor before my unbelieving eyes.

Will these Republicans, who sold their souls to the devil, (for a cheap tax cut scheme for the wealthy and the ability to try stack the courts to overturn roe v wade) go down the rabbit hole of history with Humpy the Clown when he takes his Big Fall off the crumbling Wall of Hate he has built?

Or will the Republican Senators and Representatives pull a rabbit out of their hats (-------?) and finally find their self respect, dignity and honor at the very last second ?

Stay tuned for our next exciting Episode of Don and the Giant Impeach!

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-11-21 10:22 AM | Reply

President Trump's vision for a smaller, more efficient federal government with fewer regulations and restrictions over our lives and freedoms is based upon low unemployment, higher wages, job opportunities for all, FAIR TRADE (like USMCA), our allies like NATO paying their FAIR share, putting GOD (any GOD) back into our national morals, strengthening our national sovereignty, changing our nation's failed immigration law, ending politically incorrectness / identity politics, and replacing the failed Obama communist globalism ideology with AMERICA FIRST & good old fashioned PATRIOTISM is what is making this best nation in the world AGAIN!

After watching the liberal DEEP STATE bureaucrats obstruct Pres Trump every chance they get, and watching the liberal news media push the Democrats towards impeaching Pres Trump is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen this nation's government do.

#6 | Posted by SJHamilton at 2019-11-21 10:25 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Polls in Wisconsin show that support for Trump has increased since the impeachment inquisition.

#7 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-11-21 10:40 AM | Reply

--I was diagnosed three weeks before the 2016 presidential election, and I vividly remember wondering, on that tragic November night, whether I was going to die under President Donald Trump.

That's tear-jerking propaganda at its finest.

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-11-21 10:49 AM | Reply

The media keeps telling us that Warren, Bernie, Yang, Tulsi are all too radical for our country. Look at who is in office now!!!

#9 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-11-21 10:50 AM | Reply

" I vividly remember wondering, on that tragic November night, whether I was going to die under President Donald Trump."

Admit it. You plagiarized this from Melania.

#10 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-11-21 11:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

-------- trolling at it's slimiest.

Comedy at it's finest.

#11 | Posted by Corky at 2019-11-21 12:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This is a curious endorsement, considering Warren has softened her approach to MFA. First she had trouble with a plan to pay for it. Now she wants to start with a public option.

Bernie is the only candidate who has not significantly wavered on this issue.

...Oh hell, does it really matter? We're all screwed anyway, because it is practically impossible to get universal care of ANY kind through Congress.

#12 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-11-21 02:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

That's tear-jerking propaganda at its finest.

#8 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2019-11-21 10:49 AM | FLAG:

Yeah, the guy should just shut up and die already!

He's probably faking his so-called disease just so he can jerk some tears from the Stalinists on the college campuses, amirite?

#13 | Posted by cbob at 2019-11-22 05:56 AM | Reply