Friday, November 22, 2019

President Donald Trump, facing lawsuits and political demands to release his U.S. tax returns and other financial information, said on Thursday he will release a statement on his finances before the presidential election, and asserted that it was his call on providing the information.

Comments

"I have the best finances!"

#1 | Posted by bored at 2019-11-22 10:05 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Trump's 2020 Financial Statement (without tax returns attached):

1. Assets: Yuge
2. Income: The best
3. Debts: Discharged in bankruptcy
4. Charitable Donations: I only stole $2 million

#2 | Posted by anton at 2019-11-22 10:15 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 3

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
He should be laughed out of politics for even trying to pull this stunt which is comletely meaningless even if he does provide some sort of "financial statement" without his tax returns. Trump is depending on the stupidity of his supporters and he will probably fool them a second time. Oh, and I bet he's going to give us the best and least expensive healthcare in history too.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2019-11-22 10:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Trump is going to give a report card on Trump?

Authors will be Dr. Bone Spurs, Dr. Ronny Jackson, and Dr. Vinny Boombatz.

#4 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-11-22 10:29 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yeah and so what?

2020 election he won't be running... he will be going to court for this that and the other and we will see them anyways.

bye Felicia

#5 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-11-22 10:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

His tax returns cannot be favorable to him, otherwise we would have seen them already.

#6 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-22 11:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Ahhhh ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

#7 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-11-22 11:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"President Donald Trump, facing lawsuits and political demands to release his U.S. tax returns and other financial information, said on Thursday he will release a statement on his finances before the presidential election, and asserted that it was his call on providing the information"

You have to admire on some level what an obvious, outrageous, and persistent liar Donald Trump is. It's a sickness, it's a talent; it's a sickness and a talent.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2019-11-22 11:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If he doesn't reveal the actual tax returns it is all for show. All smoke and mirrors and --------. show us the tax returns!

#9 | Posted by moder8 at 2019-11-22 11:27 AM | Reply

As a country, we have to move beyond the idea that immense wealth automatically qualifies it's owner to do anything other than spend money.

#10 | Posted by anton at 2019-11-22 11:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

I would be amazed at how stupid he thinks people are if he had already proven that point over and over again.

#11 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-11-22 11:55 AM | Reply

Hadn't

#12 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-11-22 11:55 AM | Reply

Trump also promised that this time he will not pull the ball away before Charlie Brown can kick it.

#13 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-11-22 12:04 PM | Reply

Trump is depending on the stupidity of his supporters
#3 | Posted by danni

In his defense that strategy has worked every. Single. Time.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2019-11-22 12:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

So we have the Mueller report that explicitly states it does not exonerate Trump that the Trump -------- now say exonerated him
We have What Trump calls the "Transcript" of the phone call that is labeled "This is not a transcript"
Now Trump will release a "Financial Statement" and claim it is the same as releasing his tax returns

#15 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-11-22 12:07 PM | Reply

What is the total money lost by the American people, corporations, and foreign entities as a result of all his 27 bankruptcies? Those numbers should be part of his "financial statement".

#16 | Posted by grumpy_too at 2019-11-22 12:39 PM | Reply

My financial statement is this: "I am a very rich man. One of the richest in human history. I am not only rich, my tremendous amounts of great money are because I am very smart. Many are saying the smartest ever. My opponents will try to tell you that I am not rich. They are all liars, probably because they are poor compared to me. Nobody has more money than I do. It's tremendous. Crooked Hillary and Nervous Nancy are jealous of my money. It's why the Democrats will lose. The only other great leader I can think of who has a lot of money is Vladimir Putin. His money is in rooples, at least, I think that's what they call them. Mine is in dollars. But he is very rich. Not as rich as me, because proobles are not as big as dollars, and I have very big dollars. The biggest. Thank you."

#17 | Posted by chuffy at 2019-11-22 01:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Trump says he will Release 'Financial Statement' before 2020 Election"

*********************

11/1/2020:

"My Fianances are Covfefe Goodly"

- Fat Nixon

#18 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-11-22 01:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#9 | Posted by moder8 at 2019-11-22 11:27 AM | Reply | Flag:

What do you mean "if"?

I know and you know he ain't going to do it. Like his grades or medical records his taxes are something that he doesn't want disclosed because there is something in them that will cause him grief.

Russian money?

No money?

My guess is his taxes show no income. Not that he has no income, but he is lying on them and is afraid people are going to dissect them and expose how he cheats the taxpayers.

#19 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-11-22 01:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Do you work at yahowl? Or huffmyshorts?
Your fiction skills Make Steven King look like a Conservative.

#20 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-11-22 01:33 PM | Reply

You can't follow the money if you don't have access to the trail. That's all this is about.

#21 | Posted by chuffy at 2019-11-22 02:15 PM | Reply

#20 huffmyshorts?

Did you get that from that idiot Mark Levin?

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2019-11-22 02:16 PM | Reply

I'm a speechwriter for DJT. It's a lot easier when I can write his statements in Sharpie on a notepad, though.

#23 | Posted by chuffy at 2019-11-22 03:49 PM | Reply

Liar.
Do it today.

#24 | Posted by Docman at 2019-11-22 04:53 PM | Reply

Even if the financials reveal nothing that indicates a financial relationship with Russian interests, the fact that we are left to speculate that he may have a conflict of interest is enough to force presidents and candidates for president to disclose this financial information.

What I'm saying is that we need to KNOW that our POTUS doesn't have a conflict of interest as what's being speculated.

Trump is okay with this speculation....and that's 100% wrong and there's no defense for it.

#25 | Posted by eberly at 2019-11-22 05:04 PM | Reply

"Trump is okay with this speculation"

Because he knows there is no exculpation. The only other option is confirmation. Oh, the anticipation.

#26 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-11-22 05:09 PM | Reply

Lie 120001.

#27 | Posted by Badcat at 2019-11-22 05:45 PM | Reply

If he actually does then it's likely that it's only because he already knows the SCOTUS isn't going to hear his appeal.

#28 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-11-22 05:53 PM | Reply

His tax returns will show Russian cash, not as rich as he says, and evasion of taxes.

#29 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-11-22 10:03 PM | Reply

#30 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-11-22 10:03 PM | Reply

#30 | POSTED BY VISITOR_ AT 2019-11-22 10:03 PM | REPLY | FLAG:EYE ROLL

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

We don't need to know it.

Your petty pretentious BS is like the orange paint on Trumplethinskins numerous face lifts, hair plugs and amohetimine induced energy.... fluffy snowflakes that melt into meaninglessness as soon as it sees the light of day. It won't change a thing. There is blood in the water... you need to adjust your new layer of stupid.

#31 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-11-23 03:00 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"there isn't a line or schedule where you are required to list conflicts of interest."

Nonsense. There are tells all across a tax return; the more complex, the more clues. For example, do you know what a K-1 is, and the information it provides? Do you how many K-1s someone like Trump would file annually?

Frankly, I'd bury that talking point if I were you; it makes you look clueless.

#32 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-11-23 03:10 AM | Reply

I have worked for people like Trump. Your boss will promise his bosses or you whatever he believes they or you want to hear. You may count on the fact he will have no memory of what he said ten minutes later.

#33 | Posted by john47 at 2019-11-23 11:44 AM | Reply

Do you work at yahowl? Or huffmyshorts?
Your fiction skills Make Steven King look like a Conservative.

#20 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-11-22 01:33 PM

Settle down, Francis; I get that you're in the bag for Trump and all of his shenanigans.

#34 | Posted by john47 at 2019-11-23 11:49 AM | Reply

Just release the taxes. What is he hiding?

#35 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-11-23 05:25 PM | Reply

"Here's a hint since like many anti-Trumpers you are unfamiliar with paying income taxes and its required forms, there isn't a line or schedule where you are required to list conflicts of interest."

hilarious. I've paid income taxes for about fifty years now while I suspect Trump has avoided them for about the same time and Visitor supports his tax avoidance. I have paid more income tax than Donald Trump and I am not rich but Visitor is just a Russian bot so he doesn't actually care about anything.

#36 | Posted by danni at 2019-11-24 11:07 AM | Reply

"Visitor is just a Russian bot"

Wow that's a serious accusation. Do you have any proof of this? Or is this just another left whang smear tactic?

#37 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-11-24 11:13 AM | Reply

--Do you have any proof of this?

Of course not. This is just the new leftwing McCarthyism.

#38 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-11-24 11:17 AM | Reply

Proof? Yes. The Russian bot sent me proof.

#39 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-11-24 08:09 PM | Reply

Trump's financial statements and tax returns are all doubleplus good! Re-read "1984" for all the best words!

#40 | Posted by john47 at 2019-11-25 08:21 AM | Reply