Friday, November 29, 2019

Former Rep. Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania lifted the lid on what many of his ex-colleagues are saying -- and explained why they won't yet speak out against Trump.

Comments

Disgusted in private? So much for the courage of their convictions.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2019-11-29 01:50 PM | Reply

Repugs Are Disgusted By Orange Lard Barge's Behavior

Bullsheht!

They were disgusted by 44's Complection.

They are fine with 45's behavior. All they see or value are tax cuts and Court packing with ideologue zealots, and of course, pissing off liberuhls. They have embraced and defended his behavior.

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-11-29 01:55 PM | Reply

They have a public and a private position

#3 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-11-29 02:34 PM | Reply

Trump isn't losing a single Republican vote.

Expecting Republicans to wake up and smell the orange stench is foolishly delusional.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-11-29 02:57 PM | Reply

I suspect we will all be surprised by the actual senate vote.

#5 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-11-29 08:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

FRESNO

I'll be surprised if it doesn't go exactly as expected.

What we've been watching for the past three years is only a mild lead-up to an even worse sequel if Trump gets vindicated by the Senate. I dread to even think of the endless nightmares this country will suffer.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-11-29 09:57 PM | Reply

Sound the alarms - a Never Trump GOP put out to pasture is ....shockingly....still Never Trump! This is truly newsworthy.

#7 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-11-29 10:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I used to buy into the "disgusted in private" aspect of Republican support for Pres Trump.

Nowadays, I am not so sure.

I have difficulty coming to a conclusion that a person would be so willing to sell their soul and conscience in the manner specified here to support someone like Pres Trump. The Republicans have been holding their positions for so long, I now have difficulty buying that they really believe something besides how they are acting.

As a result, my current opinion is moving towards the Republicans know exactly who and what they are supporting, publicly and privately.

I truly hope I am wrong with this opinion.

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-29 10:33 PM | Reply

@#7 ... a Never Trump GOP put out to pasture is ....shockingly....still Never Trump! This is truly newsworthy. ...

While I won't buy into the "never Trumper" aspect, I am not surprised that someone who had been opposed politically to Pres Trump is still opposed politically to Pres Trump. That is a sign of having a conscience.

On the other hand, there is someone who has said...

That person is now a best buds golfing buddy with Pres Trump, even though I am of the opinion that his view of Donald Trump is spot on, when it was given and now. (again, based upon what I've seen of, and the opinion I formed of, citizen Trump in the 1980's and 1990's).

So which of the two politicians has more of a conscience, the one who abides by his convictions, or the one who switched from criticisms to checking Pres Trump for polyps? Which of the two politicians would you want to represent you?

Wasn't Pres Trump put into office to "drain the swamp" of the ----------- politicians?

#9 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-29 10:53 PM | Reply

""He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represent the values that the men and women in uniform are fighting for, I think he's a kook. I think he's crazy. I think he's unfit for office."
#9 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER "

The person that said this is a complete political turd that should have been flushed a long time ago. Linday's fake macho, bravado and "support" for the troops is simply trying to mask sexual identity. I am sure that Lindsay's mom still thinks he is just waiting for the right woman but the whole rest of the world knows the truth.

Lindsay is the type of ---------- that Trump is forced to work with to implement his policies despite these people being the exact kind of person that Trump supporters voted against in voting for Trump. Lindsay has a long track record of accomplishing NOTHING but trying to spark forever war in the Middle East. Unfortunately, he is not the only one in the party - Paul Ryan, Cheney, Romney, the Bush dullards are all of the same ilk. Just because they have an R after their names doesn't mean I support them - that is what makes me different from the Democrats.

#10 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-11-29 11:12 PM | Reply

@#10 ... The person that said this is a complete political turd ...

But... but... but...

While I may or may not agree with your opinion of Sen Graham....

He is Pres Trump's best golfing bud nowadays.

Pres Trump was supposed to drain Washington, D.C. of the, as you say, complete political turd[s].

Yet Pres Trump enjoys a golf game with and embraces Sen Graham.

What's up with that?

#11 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-29 11:18 PM | Reply

LAMP

"Yet Pres Trump enjoys a golf game with and embraces Sen Graham.
What's up with that?"

Simple ~~ Trump needs Graham and Graham needs Trump.

Although Graham's motives might be much darker, what I see on the surface is his hope for a nice juicy cabinet position in Trump's second term.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-11-30 12:54 AM | Reply

#10 you're a bigger, more pathetic sycophantic ------ than I thought possible.

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2019-11-30 01:30 AM | Reply

Former GOP Lawmaker Reveals what Colleagues say in Private:

"Our party is a total sausage fest, and we like it that way! No chicks and no black dudes allowed; they make us feel inadequate."

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-11-30 03:39 AM | Reply

No Never Trumpers! Crush all dissent!

#15 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-11-30 09:49 AM | Reply

@#12 ... what I see on the surface is his [Sen Graham's] hope for a nice juicy cabinet position in Trump's second term. ...

I've had that thought about his hopes as well.

#16 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-11-30 11:22 AM | Reply

I've had that thought about his hopes as well.

#16 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

I'm assuming you mean in charge of Trump's cabinets in Marlargo while Trump is serving his second term in prison.

#17 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-11-30 03:38 PM | Reply

that is what makes me different from the Democrats.

#10 | POSTED BY IRAGOLDBERG

How is that?

You are no different. We are all Americans.

Seems some of you have forgotten that.

You are only fooling yourself.

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-12-01 11:17 AM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY IRAGOLDBERG

Does the name "Al Franken" ring any bells?

I can come up with plenty of Democrats who have been thrown under the bus.

So I guess that makes you a liar again!

Try telling your story without lying for once.

That would be different.

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-12-01 11:23 AM | Reply

If NY21 Rep Stefanik is so virtuous about insisting that public officers should forbid their adult kids from working for "corrupt companies" then she just made a great case for Trump's kids to quit: www.emptywheel.net

#20 | Posted by Augustine at 2019-12-01 11:32 AM | Reply