Tuesday, December 03, 2019

A fun new "Greta on the Shelf" doll will watch you every day and fly back to the UN each night to report your climate sins to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The doll is equipped with eye sensors programmed to detect activities that are harmful to the environment. "Greta sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when you drive your SUV to the store instead of taking public transportation," the manufacturer said. "She knows if you've been bad or carbon-neutral, so be carbon-neutral for goodness' sake!"

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

One couple in Portland proudly displayed their new doll and lectured their children on the true meaning of Christmas: fighting climate change. "We're gonna play a fun game for the holidays this year -- try to be good little carbon-neutral children, or Greta will tell on you!"

Comments

Big Sister is Watching You.

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 08:08 AM | Reply

She has accomplished more in her short life than Sitzkrieg will ever accomplish. Make fun if your are afraid of her message but more people are listening to her than are listening to Donald Trump. She is a leader and her message is getting out to the entire planet while the leader of America is being increasingly ignored. Because his message is b*** s***!

#2 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-03 08:10 AM | Reply

--She has accomplished more in her short life than Sitzkrieg will ever accomplish.

She has certainly produced more hot gas.

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 08:13 AM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2019-12-03 08:10 AM | REPLY

You're so easily offended by satire, you're why Trump wins.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-12-03 08:24 AM | Reply

Leftists are a humorless lot. Comedians won't even perform on college campuses because of these sourpusses and bluenoses.

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 08:34 AM | Reply

Louis CK on stage Israel a few weeks ago: "I'd rather be in Auschwitz than New York."

ouch, lol.

#6 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-12-03 08:44 AM | Reply

Carbon Neutral is no longer sufficient. If you are not actively sequestering carbon, you should rethink whether you should remain to further pollute the planet.

#7 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-12-03 09:13 AM | Reply

I stopped purchasing wind for the first time in a decade. My power bill dropped 25%. Shame the economics are still so bad, I've got a lot of sq ft to micro generate with now.

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-12-03 09:16 AM | Reply

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

#9 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-12-03 10:44 AM | Reply

Greta got Greta on the Shelf and a global audience

and all you got was more anonymous sand pounding on the internet.

Says it all

HARHAR

#10 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-12-03 11:30 AM | Reply

After lecturing you about carbon emissions, the "Greta doll" will start screaming at you for your support of Colonial, Racist, And Patriarchal Systems Of Oppression."

www.dailywire.com

#11 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 12:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I see two grumpy people that now must do their penance for wasting electricity on the Internet.

#12 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-12-03 12:21 PM | Reply

I have carbon credits for sale if you need to indulge.

#13 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-12-03 12:21 PM | Reply

Good one.

#14 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-12-03 02:25 PM | Reply

"...the "Greta doll" will start screaming at you for your support of Colonial, Racist, And Patriarchal Systems Of Oppression." - #11 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 12:18 PM

This sounds like nulli's request to his Mistress (Greta) after she's dressed him up like the g1mp in Pulp Fiction.

Screaming at him with an Hispanic accent, natch.

#15 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 06:05 PM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY HANS

Actually sounds like the typical kink of the woke left. They want to be dominated and degraded for their maleness and whiteness. At first, I thought you were just filled with self hate, however, the more your type displays it, it is clear that it is not self hatred because you have a completed unwarranted level of self esteem. Rather, it is a strange sexual kink you are displaying. Other perverts will pay people to spit on them or stomp their balls in private - the woke left gets off on having your shame in public. It is a mental disorder.

#16 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:04 PM | Reply

"Actually sounds like the typical kink of the woke left." - #16 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:04 PM

Actually, no it doesn't.

But thanks for playing along.

Remember, there's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation can't cure.

So there's hope for you yet.

#17 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:10 PM | Reply

"At first, I thought you were just filled with self hate"

Incel projection.

#18 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 09:10 PM | Reply

Right wingers afraid of a doll??? GIGGLES You can't make this schit up.

#19 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-12-03 09:11 PM | Reply

"At first, I thought you were just filled with self hate..." - #16 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:04 PM

"Self-hate" is an hyphenated phrase.

If you didn't hate yourself so much you would have known that.

But, alas, that's not the case.

Condolences.

#20 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:16 PM | Reply

"Actually, no it doesn't.
#17 | POSTED BY HANS"

Except for the fact that it describes you exactly. I don't feel shame based on my color or gender. No need to provide reparations for actions I never participated in - slavery, colonization, etc. I am mature enough to know that values change over time and that it is idiotic to judge someone that lived hundreds of years ago by the same standard we have now. I think you don't want to continue playing that game either or you are going to feel a great deal of shame over your support for abortion in 40 years - the true American genocide.

As such, I don't have a need for a potato like Greta to tell me how to live my life - I see no point in listening to a mentally challenged, uneducated teen with poor social skills lecture me about the climate or any other topic. The left has made her celebrity because you NEED that shame. You LOVE that shame. That is your kink - why you love to support people that say you should feel shame for your gender, race, or wealth status.

Again, it is a sick perversion. It is a mental problem.

#21 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:20 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY IRAGOLDBERG

I would bet dollars to donuts that the areas of the brain that light up when listening to Greta condemn them are the same receptors associated with sex for the Left. It is like a taboo for your turds as you received nothing but false praise and participation trophies growing up. You are immune to the unearned praise now - you need to be condemned for your sexual kink.

#22 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:24 PM | Reply

"Except for the fact that it describes you exactly." - #21 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:20 PM

No, it doesn't.

But your ignorance can be somewhat dismissed by your immaturity here at the Retort.

Get back to me when you have almost 20 years of posting here.

Like me.

You're welcome.

#23 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:25 PM | Reply

"the same receptors associated with sex for the Left."

More incel fever dreams.

#24 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 09:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#21 | POSTED BY IRAGOLDBERG - #22 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:24 PM

Responding to the voices in your head.

Telling.

#25 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:26 PM | Reply

"Get back to me when you have almost 20 years of posting here."

Oh, Ira's been here before.

He's just too ashamed to admit what other name(s) he's posted under.

#26 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 09:26 PM | Reply

"You are immune to the unearned praise now..." - Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:24 PM

"Hans gets all the chicks." - Posted by I_N_Cognito at 2007-03-25 12:13 AM

#27 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:32 PM | Reply

"Get back to me when you have almost 20 years of posting here.
#23 | POSTED BY HANS"

You wear that as a badge of pride? You turds make me bored after a few months. Frankly, I just like to watch Trump tie you in knots as you need to support positions you opposed just 3 years ago simply because you cannot agree with Trump. I think you associate him with the delinquent father figure that left you all to be raised by single moms.

#28 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:33 PM | Reply

"Hans gets all the chicks with dicks." - Posted by I_N_Cognito at 2007-03-25 12:13 AM
#27 | POSTED BY CREEPY-HANDS"

Much like the guys resorting to the 3rd world to get girls out of their reach, you have embraced the transsexual community.

#29 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:36 PM | Reply

"You wear that as a badge of pride?" - #28 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:33 PM

"My point was Hans lives on semantics. If it is not worded exactly right Hans will be there to jump all over it, I did not call him stupid or suggest it. I actually like Hans and think he is quite smart, you just have to dot all your i's and cross your t's when talking with him or he will take something the wrong way." - Posted by SilentMajority at 2007-04-02 12:18 PM
"Reading the exchanges between Hans and LastAmerican reminds me of watching the Harlem Globetrotters dismantle the Washington Generals time after time." - Posted by Arbusto at 2007-04-04 06:42 PM
"I'm not Hans. But one can only aspire." - Posted by FVZ at 2007-04-11 07:06 PM
"Even though hans and I are diametrically opposed politically, I still respect his ability to engage in reasonable and civil debate. And while I often find his off-topic retorts, and "cherry picked" comments infuriating, they nevertheless are usually rational and make a valid point. So at the end of the day. I think hans is one of the better guys around here." - Posted by Bowa at 2007-10-31 09:38 PM

#30 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:38 PM | Reply

"...the guys resorting to..." - #29 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:36 PM

You mean like the "guys" resorting to making up quotes?

Like that?

#31 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:40 PM | Reply

#30 | POSTED BY HANS

I see you are digging deep into your Creeper File. While you are at it, can you pull the conversation that I had with Danforth regarding SS from about 4 months ago where he stated that Bush used the SS Trust Fund to pay for tax cuts? He wants to lie about what he said now so we need to get it on the record.

#32 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:41 PM | Reply

"Note to self,

"Don't ---- with Hans." - #4 | Posted by ---------- at 2009-01-09 12:07 PM

#33 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:42 PM | Reply

" While you are at it..." - #32 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:41 PM

Zero personal responsibility.

Expected.

#34 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:43 PM | Reply

"Hans aint a historian per se.

"He's more like Indiana Jones.

"A Raider of the Lost Archives.

"Be Well." - #6 | Posted by dethspud at 2009-01-10 09:48 PM

#35 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:45 PM | Reply

"Zero personal responsibility.
Expected.
#34 | POSTED BY HANS"

I don't have a creeper file like you. It is a simple request. I assume you are not in such desperate need for self-esteem that you only save the messages which are positive towards you and that you actually save all posts. So, it is just a matter of a simple search for you. If that is not the case and you actually are that insecure, you have my pity.

#36 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:45 PM | Reply

"It is a simple request." - #36 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:45 PM

Then knock yourself out, if it is so "simple."

Or do you have zero responsibility?

#37 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:49 PM | Reply

"I see you are digging deep"

Translation: It's unfair to judge me by my posts!

#38 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 09:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Of course most tea partiers are just rightwing GWB supporters too humiliated to admit it. That's a no-brainer. What is more confusing is how so many rightwing DR posters can attack Hans all at once and still be collectively made to look like idiots." - #36 | Posted by moder8 at 2010-10-13 10:32 PM

#39 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:50 PM | Reply

"where he stated that Bush used the SS Trust Fund to pay for tax cuts? "

Lieburg lies again. Must be a day ending in -y.

For the record, I said Bush SHOULD HAVE used the surpluses to shore up SS; instead, Dubya cited the PAYROLL tax overcollections as a reason to cut the INCOME tax rates.

Lieburg can't debate me on the truth, so he lies about what was said, and attacks the strawman.

#40 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 09:52 PM | Reply

"Translation: It's unfair to judge me by my posts!
#38 | POSTED BY DANFORTH"

He has not linked to a single one of my posts. I would be happy for him to do so as everything I say comes to pass as truthful and accurate.

#41 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:53 PM | Reply

"He has not linked to a single one of my posts." - #41 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:53 PM

Joined 2019/04/22
Here are your "posts."

You're welcome.

#42 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:57 PM | Reply

"I said Bush SHOULD HAVE used the surpluses to shore up SS; instead, Dubya cited the PAYROLL tax overcollections as a reason to cut the INCOME tax rates.
#40 | POSTED BY DANFORTH"

NO, YOU DID NOT LIAR. You said he USED the surpluses to PAY for tax cuts.

Creepy Hands probably has the actual post saved in his spank bank somewhere.

#43 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:57 PM | Reply

"You said he USED the surpluses to PAY for tax cuts." - #43 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 09:57 PM

No he didn't.

But, when all you have are lies then lying's all you can do.

#44 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 09:58 PM | Reply

"No he didn't.
But, when all you have are lies then lying's all you can do.
#44 | POSTED BY HANS "

Please provide the actual quote, we all know you have it.

#45 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 10:00 PM | Reply

"Please provide the actual quote..." - #45 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 10:00 PM

That isn't the way it works.

You made the claim.

Prove it.

#46 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 10:01 PM | Reply

"You said he USED the surpluses to PAY for tax cuts.'

I would never have said that, because I've never believed that.

Your claim is a lie, probably because you've realized you can't debate me if you're limited to telling the truth.

#47 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 10:02 PM | Reply

"That isn't the way it works. You made the claim. Prove it."

Prepare for wild accusations from the incel blowhard.

#48 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 10:03 PM | Reply

"Prepare for wild accusations from the incel blowhard." - #48 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 10:03 PM

What's really telling, Danforth, is that no one on the right side of the aisle is taking him to task.

#49 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 10:06 PM | Reply

"I said Dubya cited payroll tax overcollections to justify his income tax cut. That's 100% true.
#47 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

NO YOU DID NOT LIAR. You said he USED the money - replacing it with worthless IOU's that should be converted into GOLD - to PAY for the tax cuts - not JUSTIFY. Don't lie now.

#50 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 10:06 PM | Reply

"You said he USED the money..." - #50 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 10:06 PM

No, Danforth did not say that.

#51 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 10:07 PM | Reply

Looks this thread got hijacked by creepy perv Hans and H&R Blockhead. Those worthless fuchs can derail any thread.

#52 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 10:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"You said he USED the money"

I've never believed that; there's no way I would've stated as much.

"worthless IOU's that should be converted into GOLD"

More lies: I said that a company's bond, backed by more company bonds, wouldn't be taken seriously by anyone else, and at least gold had some kind of actual backing other than "the bonds we issued are protected because we've issues other bonds to back them"...especially since they're bonds which can't be bought and sold on the market. You even argued that the SS account was similar to 401k accounts, a lie I debunked with a half-dozen proofs.

"Don't lie now."

My irony meter just exploded.

#53 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 10:12 PM | Reply

"Those worthless fuchs can derail any thread.'

While Nulli is too cowardly to enter any debate at all. When did you have your most recent stroke, old man?

#54 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 10:13 PM | Reply

"no one on the right side of the aisle is taking him to task."

Or backing him, for that matter.

#55 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 10:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Looks this thread got hijacked by creepy perv Hans..." - #52 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 10:11 PM

How would you know, nulli?

According to you, you have me plonked.

#56 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 10:14 PM | Reply

Is Ira Horace??

#57 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-12-03 10:15 PM | Reply

"Is Ira Horace??" - #57 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-12-03 10:15 PM

Unless Horace has taken a bunch of stupid pills, I don't think so, Laura.

#58 | Posted by Hans at 2019-12-03 10:16 PM | Reply

--#54 | Posted by Danforth

As JPW likes to say, GFY schittheap.

#59 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-03 10:17 PM | Reply

"As JPW likes to say, GFY schittheap."

Wow! The moron actually addressed me!

While I have your attention, can you finally explain why you want China to have less influence, yet you're in favor of the $2.3 Trillion in extra borrowing? How do you square that circle?

And do I embarrass you by realizing you've had a stroke?

#60 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 10:23 PM | Reply

- While Nulli is too cowardly to enter any debate at all.

That's what happens when one's brain cells devolve in a rightward spin.

#61 | Posted by Corky at 2019-12-03 10:34 PM | Reply

"More lies: I said that a company's bond, backed by more company bonds, wouldn't be taken seriously by anyone else, "

IE - WORTHLESS.

"and at least gold had some kind of actual backing"

So you are admitting the gold stupidity?

"especially since they're bonds which can't be bought and sold on the market. You even argued that the SS account was similar to 401k accounts, a lie
#53 | POSTED BY DANFORTH"

The don't need to be sold on the market because they will be repurchased by the government - backed by the FULL FAITH of the US government. Do you want to know why they are not invested in gold, -------? It is because their OBLIGATIONS are based in US DOLLARS. Thus, if the gold price falls, the SS Trust Fund would decrease in value and pull in the SS bankruptcy date even closer than it is now.

Second - I NEVER stated the SS trust fund was like a 401k account. That is the polar opposite of what I argued. The SS (as opposed to the SS Trust Fund) has ZERO ASSETS - well, I guess the same as your 401k in that regard. SS is a pay in / pay out model - THERE IS NO SAVINGS FEATURE. The only reason why the fund has assets now is because the fund has an OVER COLLECTION in anticipation of the baby boomers retiring. The fund is modeled in a net zero asset basis - it is not a sovereign wealth fund.

So, not only are you once again lying, but you show your financial stupidity....much like yesterday where your TurboTax accounting skills didn't know what an Excel Tab was.

#62 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 10:57 PM | Reply

"IE - WORTHLESS.'

You've pretended you're an investment advisor. How would you analyze bonds issued by a company, which were backed by...wait for it...bonds issued by the same company? You'd look askance, right?

"The(y) don't need to be sold on the market because they will be repurchased by the government '

IOW, they're only backed by newly collected money, from taxes.

"backed by the FULL FAITH of the US government."

Meaning their bonds are backed by...other bonds. And these bonds are SPECIAL ones, since they have no market value of their own. Again...if this was anyone else, you'd be skeptical.

"I NEVER stated the SS trust fund was like a 401k account. "

YOU LIE. You pretended the advantages were the same; otherwise I never would've had to point out the differences.

"The SS (as opposed to the SS Trust Fund) has ZERO ASSETS - well, I guess the same as your 401k in that regard.

Thanks for once again admitting you're incredibly stupid: it's NOTHING like a 401(k), in a half-dozen regards, including the fact the 401(k) has MORE than zero assets.

#63 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 11:05 PM | Reply

"You've pretended you're an investment advisor."

No, I am the chief investment officer of a large company. I have done consulting work as well in the green energy, technology, and real estate development sectors as well.

"How would you analyze bonds issued by a company, which were backed by...wait for it...bonds issued by the same company?"

It is not a company - IT IS THE US GOVERNMENT. So, to your point - if the company posted as collateral for their loan a US government bond, I would treat it as 100% value as the US government bond is the definition of a RISK FREE ASSET. Again, when you say things like the above, it reveals that you have never seriously worked with money before.

"IOW, they're only backed by newly collected money, from taxes."

Just like EVERY OTHER US GOVERNMENT BOND - and guess what? - they are considered RISK FREE ASSETS. No need to discount them when using as collateral. They are the safest and most easily marketable of all securities - including CASH.

"Meaning their bonds are backed by...other bonds."

Issued by the US ---- GOVERNMENT - and hence RISK FREE.

"And these bonds are SPECIAL ones, since they have no market value of their own."

There you go arguing they are worthless again - that is an incredibly stupid argument to keep making.

"You pretended the advantages were the same; otherwise I never would've had to point out the differences."

You 'pointed out the difference' because you don't understand the SS Trust Fund or a 401k plan. You are a blind man describing color.

"it's NOTHING like a 401(k)"

It is like YOUR 401k program in that there are no assets because you are a fake ass loser pretending to be an accountant on the internet being betrayed by your total lack of understanding in anything money related.

I challenged you before and I challenge you again - which University did you attend and what degree to earn?

#64 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 11:19 PM | Reply

"There you go arguing they are worthless again

No...just pointing out they have no day-to-day market value, exposing some major differences:

1). SS has no residual value; when a single person dies, there is nothing for the heirs, vs. the full value of the 401(k) going to the heirs.
2). The growing 401(k) has value to the owner; they can borrow from it, and withdraw early if needed. By comparison, there is NO current value to your SS account, and you have NO ability to borrow, or take out money early.
3). If the worker dies at 61, NO ONE sees any benefit from SS. Meanwhile, the heirs see 100% of the value from 401(k) accounts.
4). SS is "backed" by SS, and the government has NO LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY to pay you ANYTHING. Meanwhile, your 401(k) might contain stocks from Proctor & Gamble, Microsoft, and Johnson & Johnson...IOW, actual companies with actual value and worth, and you have a LEGAL RIGHT to that value.

"pretending to be an accountant on the internet"

I've never claimed that, even once...which means you're lying, again. It seems to be all you have Lieburg.

#65 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 11:28 PM | Reply

"It is like YOUR 401k program in that there are no assets"

Stupid is as stupid does.

#66 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 11:29 PM | Reply

"you are a fake ass loser"

Posts the guy who doesn't realize a 401(k) with marketable stock has more day-to-day value than a SS account backed by a pile of IOUs, within a contract that doesn't guarantee ANY payback.

#67 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 11:35 PM | Reply

The irony of Greta is appearently the Captian shes sailing with had to FLY back to the US to be with her....

You can't make this stuff up ...

Captain of Greta Thunberg's sailboat foils zero emissions' plans by flying to US
www.washingtonexaminer.com

DNCDan giving financial advice LOL FFS...

#68 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-12-03 11:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"DNCDan giving financial advice"

By all means, embarrass yourself again about the non-existent difference between the Death Tax, the Estate Tax, and the Inheritance Tax.

If you google "irs" and "death tax"...it takes you to the Estate Tax.

If you google "irs" and "inheritance tax"...it takes you to the Estate Tax.

However...if you google "moron", "repeatedly", and "can't seem to learn"...you get Mackris.

#69 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 11:41 PM | Reply

"1). SS has no residual value"

NO ----. It is not a saving program - it is money in / money out like I told you from day 1.

"2). The growing 401(k) has value to the owner"

AGAIN - NO ----. Here is your question and the point at which you step on your dick. If your 401k program invests in a fund that owns US government debt - your argument from above is that this fund's assets are worthless because government debt is backed only by future taxpayer dollars. It is a stupid argument that you continue to make. Now, you want to shift and pretend that I argued SS has some 'savings' feature - no, I NEVER made that argument because - unlike YOU - I understand how SS works.

""It is like YOUR 401k program in that there are no assets"
#66 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

I even capitalized YOUR in my comment so you would understand that I am talking about YOUR - Douchefroth' 401k - not 401k's in general, because YOUR 401k has no assets because you don't have 2 nickels to rub together as shown by your repeated financial stupidity. In that way, SS is like YOUR 401k in that it has no assets.

My lord you are one thick individual.

#70 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-03 11:44 PM | Reply

" It is not a saving program - it is money in / money out like I told you'

You pretended it had the same value as any 401(k). Now you're reduced to lying about it.

"If your 401k program invests in a fund that owns US government debt..."

That's usually a small percentage, not the whole picture. And it doesn't change the facts surrounding SS.

"you want to shift and pretend that I argued SS has some 'savings' feature"

You were pretending its value was comparable to a 401(k); again, had you not done that, I wouldn't have had to point out the radical differences.

"YOUR 401k has no assets because you don't have 2 nickels to rub together "

Bwahahahahahahaha! You've finally gone full reeeee-tard. I could've retired years ago. And once again, you've proven you can't debate me if you're restricted to just telling the truth.

#71 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-03 11:51 PM | Reply

#71 Danforth,

It's not ree-----, it's rah-----, emphasis on "----". If you've seen "The Hangover" you'd know this.

#72 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-12-04 12:10 AM | Reply

"It's not ree-tard"

It is when you're talking about Lieburg. FULL reeeee-tard.

#73 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-04 12:12 AM | Reply

"it's rah-tard"

Only in music.

#74 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-04 12:12 AM | Reply

You never go full ------.

Years ago Ewan McGregor was asked if he had any regrets for his role in "Star Wars" and, understanding where the question was directed he replied, (paraphrased from memory) "How can an actor be type-casted as an Obi Won Kenobi?"

#75 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-12-04 12:18 AM | Reply

"You pretended it had the same value as any 401(k)"

Nope. Never, ever said that. I said it has the same value as YOUR 401k, which is ZERO. I said the value of the debt carried in the TRUST FUND had the same value as the debt you carry in ANY 401k program (if you ever actually have assets in YOUR 401k) as the Trust Fund assets are backed by the full faith and credit of the US government.

"That's usually a small percentage, not the whole picture."

It can be 100% ------- - but the % does not matter - the debt is EXACTLY THE SAME IN ITS VALUE.

"You were pretending its value was comparable to a 401(k)"

------- - learn the difference between the TRUST FUND and SS as a PROGRAM. The SS Trust Fund has assets - THAT HAVE VALUE. No need to convert them into gold because they are worthless. That was just stupid and you should own it. The SS Program does not have assets BY DESIGN. It is not a sovereign wealth fund.

"I could've retired years ago.
#71 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

Douchefroth - literally, just stop. You aren't fooling anyone. You won't state your university or degree because those don't exist. You show your financial illiteracy on a daily basis. But, just for ----- and giggles, tell me what the CAPM is and its shortcoming in project level budgeting for companies. Tell me what the efficient frontier is and how it is impacted by leverage. Tell me when a company makes an investment in another firm, what are the rules for consolidating the financials vs. carrying at cost. Simple ---- anyone with a degree in finance/accounting can answer.

#76 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-04 12:26 AM | Reply

"I said it has the same value as YOUR 401k, which is ZERO. '

So you're admitting when cornered, you embrace lying. No surprise there.

"The SS Trust Fund has assets - THAT HAVE VALUE. '

Not on the open market, and not on a day-to-day basis for the participant. And if a single participant dies before the onset, there is no residual value, save a minuscule burial benefit, so all the contributions are worthless to the contributor, and considered "breakage" to the fund. Exactly the opposite of a 401(k), where contributions are worth value plus growth, there is a continuing accessible value over the years, and any residual value can be bequeathed to whomever the worker chooses.

"You show your financial illiteracy on a daily basis."

#77 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-04 12:41 AM | Reply

"So you're admitting when cornered"

Once again, my statement was 100% accurate, you are still just butthurt over it.

"Not on the open market, and not on a day-to-day basis for the participant. "

THE PARTICIPANT DOES NOT OWN ----. The Trust Fund owns the assets - not a person. Again, for the 1000th time - SS IS NOT A SAVINGS PROGRAM. That is why it is going bankrupt.

"so all the contributions are worthless to the contributor"

TO THE CONTRIBUTOR - NO ---- ----. No one has EVER argued otherwise. Your argument was that the assets themselves were worthless because "they are just a stack of IOU's" - that was an idiotic argument so thank you for abandoning it.

"Riiiiiiight. Meanwhile, you confused government debt with SS bonds held specifically within the SS system."

Again, you are a blind man describing color. You have no clue what you are talking about so you are excitedly trying to move the goalposts and even failing at that because you are so financially illiterate.

"Just to see if you're at all connected to reality: under SS law, how much is the government required to pay out? I'll even give you three choices: a) what they've promised; b) what they've promised, adjusted for inflation; or c) nothing.
#77 | POSTED BY DANFORTH"

Social Security is a MANDATED PROGRAM - by that - it is supposed to pay out what was promised. However, in actual operation is can, and will, default on those obligations. It is a political question - not a legal question on how much the fund can default on required obligations before taxpayers revolt POLITICALLY.

Now, go on. You had a bit to do some googling - answer my questions above.

#78 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-04 12:51 AM | Reply

"my statement was 100% accurate"

That I'm essentially broke?!? The bride will certainly be stunned to hear that! But thanks for the desperation: it's humorous how pathetic you become when you're being shown up.

"Your argument was that the assets themselves were worthless"

Not worthless, per se, just non-marketable on a day-to-day basis, and no residual guarantee. No guarantee at all, to be totally honest. And that's DIFFERENT from your 401(k).

"You have no clue what you are talking about "

Says the guy who brought up marketable government debt in a discussion about SS being backed by non-marketable SS bonds.

"Social Security is a MANDATED PROGRAM - by that - it is supposed to pay out what was promised. However, in actual operation is can, and will, default on those obligations."

So in other words: nothing. Game. Set. Match.

G'night, all.

#79 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-04 12:59 AM | Reply

"That I'm essentially broke?!?"

That is the logical deduction based on your poor understanding of finance and lack of a university degree while pretending to be an accountant. If you ever held such a position, book-keeper or tax preparer/Turbotax Review would be more apt.

"Not worthless, per se, just non-marketable on a day-to-day basis,"

The TRUST FUND can redeem any time they want. So, no you are still wrong.

"and no residual guarantee."

Again, no. These bonds are interest bearing.

"No guarantee at all, to be totally honest. And that's DIFFERENT from your 401(k)."

Other than the backing of the full faith and credit of the US government. We are not even talking quasi-government like the mortgage guarantors - these are explicitly 100% government backed.

"Says the guy who brought up marketable government"

From the perspective of the Trust Fund? There is no different. Redeemable on demand, interest bearing, and risk free.

"So in other words: nothing. Game. Set. Match.
G'night, all.
#79 | POSTED BY DANFORTH"

Moving the old goal posts again their -------. Now you are conflating the assets in the Trust Fund with the SS Program as a whole. So, again - no, you are wrong. The assets in the fund are 100% government backed and risk free an any other US government debt issued. The SS PROGRAM, however, is pay in/pay out which is why is will default. But, again, has ZERO to do with your original argument about Bush using the SS Trust Fund to pay for tax cuts or that the assets held by the Trust Fund being worthless and should be converted to gold.

Now - for the 3rd time - plenty of time to Google, answer my simple questions above. Use that big brain of yours for something.

#80 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-04 01:07 AM | Reply

"The TRUST FUND can redeem any time they want."

But the participant can't, which was the point.

"From the perspective of the Trust Fund? There is no different.

"Moving the old goal posts again their -------."

Ya gotta love the self-retorting retort.

#81 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-04 01:16 AM | Reply

"But the participant can't, which was the point."

BECAUSE THERE IS NOT SUCH THING AS A PARTICIPANT. An illegal with wage withholding cannot collect either - does that make the Trust Fund fake? Your argument is moronic. The people collecting are beneficiaries, not savers or investors.

"The word is "difference", and it's nonsense: one is marketable, and one is non-marketable.

The only people that can buy and sell them is the SS Administers and US government - they are 100% marketable. Hell, just look up the definition of 'marketable securities' on Google and you get:

"These are financial instruments that can be easily converted to cash such as GOVERNMENT BONDS, common stock or certificates of deposit."

- and that is EXACTLY what the Trust Fund holds. Again, stop your dumber than dirt argument about these Trust Fund assets being worthless and should be converted to gold. Literally - just stop.

"Ya gotta love the self-retorting retort.
#81 | POSTED BY DOUCHEFROTH"

My argument was the same since day 1 - correct then as it is now. You first tried to lie about your claims - then tried to move the goalposts - but you failed in both attempts.

4th time - which university did you attend what is your degree? Or - you have had several hours to study - you can now answer my simple financial questions above.

#82 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-04 02:32 AM | Reply

I haven't clicked on the link so I haven't seen what it looks like. Is it like a real doll?

#83 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-12-04 03:35 AM | Reply

Click the link. You'll laugh your ass off.

#84 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-12-04 12:44 PM | Reply

#84 Disappointed.

Doesn't appear to be a real doll.

#85 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-12-04 02:35 PM | Reply

Ha! Thanks for the laugh.

#86 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-12-05 10:29 AM | Reply