Wednesday, December 04, 2019

SAN ANTONIO (CBSDFW.COM) " Country music legend Willie Nelson says he's stopped smoking pot " 65 years after he rolled his first joint. "I don't smoke anymore. I take better care of myself today than I did then," he said. The 86-year-old Texan says, due to ongoing health and breathing issues, he no longer smokes marijuana.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

I'm wondering if he partakes in the edibles.

Comments

Studies about the effects of pot smoking early on counter-intuitively suggested that it was far less problematic for the lungs than cigarette smoking. Not sure that still holds up.

Pretty sure Willy didn't mention edibles, lol.

Willie Nelson - Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die (live video)

www.youtube.com

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2019-12-04 07:05 PM | Reply

yeah once it's legal it's no fun. all there's left to do is quit. ;)

#2 | Posted by ichiro at 2019-12-04 08:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I don't smoke pot anymore. I don't smoke pot any less either." - Willie

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-12-05 06:29 AM | Reply

Marijuana will not as harmful to lungs as tobacco is still damaging.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-05 06:00 PM | Reply

That's like saying salad is harmful, and pointing to the fact everyone on a plant-based diet has eventually died. Tobacco and marijuana aren't in the same league.

#5 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-05 06:14 PM | Reply

Apparently inhaling anything other than what are lungs are built to inhale isn't a good idea.

#6 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-05 08:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I have relatives that also believe that inhaling marijuana is not harming their lungs.

Yea, keep telling yourself that.

#7 | Posted by sawdust at 2019-12-05 09:10 PM | Reply

"Yea, keep telling yourself that."

All I'm "telling myself" is the truth.

How many cigarette smokers died from cigarettes in the last decade? How many joint smokers died from marijuana in the last decade?

Ultimately, are you using Actual Math, or Republican Math? Because it's only in Republican Math where 0 + 0 = more than four million.

#8 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-05 11:42 PM | Reply

I am guessing that many more cigarettes were smoked by smokers (pack a day?) than were joints were smoked by pot smokers.

But that is not the point.

Putting any kind of smoke in your lungs cannot be as good as *not* putting smoke in your lungs.

Time will tell.

#9 | Posted by sawdust at 2019-12-06 11:09 AM | Reply

"Time will tell."

As if folks haven't smoked pot for decades already?!?

Why do you think there are 35,000 deaths a month from cigarettes, and not a single smoking death linked to marijuana?

#10 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-06 11:17 AM | Reply