Sunday, December 08, 2019

Mister Caroll spinney The Voice and Puppeteer behind search American icons as big bird and Oscar the Grouch has passed away at the age of 85.

Comments

He will be sorely missed.

#1 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-12-09 01:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'll be wearumg my Big Bird and Elmo shirt tomorrow, provided I can find it within my 75lbs. of I'm With Her t-shirts.

RIP Big Bird, and your imaginary friend Snuffleupagus too.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-12-09 01:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I knew his name but never his age. I'm shocked.

Good job Mr. Spinney. You were the of the best. You made the whole world love you.

#3 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-09 03:51 AM | Reply

Meanwhile Creepy Joe and Crazy Bernie characters are DNC frontrunners..

#4 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2019-12-09 03:57 AM | Reply

GREATAMERICAN is a . . .

-----------!

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-09 05:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Bringing politics into a thread like this is shameful. Mr. Spinney brought love and fun to millions and he deserves our respect.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-09 08:55 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

--Bringing politics into a thread like this is shameful.

lol. The loony Left politicizes every thread. It's political OCD. Don't cry when the right follows your example.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-09 09:04 AM | Reply

Lol. Nazi Nulli just can't help himself. He will defend his fellow deplorables hypocritical and evil behavior until the bitter end.

Sad!!

#8 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-12-09 11:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Today's episode was brought to you by the number 0 which is how many cares I have for any post here which is not in Praise of Mr Spinney.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-09 02:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Oscar!!!

#10 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-12-09 03:33 PM | Reply

Oscar the Grouch is another great character but for all kinds of different reasons. He is an irritable curmudgeon who is none the last part of the community. In other times and places children will be taught such people should be driven from the region or worse put on Sesame Street children were taught to Simply accept that some people are like that.

#11 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-09 05:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Goodbye, too many old friends.

#12 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-12-10 01:47 PM | Reply

I didn't watch Sesame Street very much when I was a kid but when my daughter was small I watched it with her regularly. That show is a national treasure, arguably even surpassing Fred Rogers.

RIP, Mr. Spinney. And thank you.

#13 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-12-10 02:09 PM | Reply