Drudge Retort: The Other Side of the News
Tuesday, December 10, 2019

All told, the cost of nearly 18 years of war in Afghanistan will amount to more than $2 trillion.

More

Comments

Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

$1.5 trillion waging war
Result: The Taliban control or contest much of the country.

$10 billion on counternarcotics
Result: Afghanistan supplies 80 percent of the world's heroin.

$87 billion to train Afghan military and police forces
Result: Afghan forces can't support themselves.

$24 billion on economic development
Result: Most Afghans still live in poverty.

$30 billion on other reconstruction programs
Result: Much of that money was lost to corruption and failed projects.

$500 billion on interest
The war has been funded with borrowed money.

Neat huh? An exercise in brilliance. LOL

Read the rest of the article. It shows you why strategists around the world now think America is a joke.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-10 09:02 AM | Reply

You're looking at this all wrong....

Halliburton got a lot of $$$$

Raytheon got a lot of $$$$

Lockheed Martin got a lot of $$$$

Lots of people made lots of money off this war just like every other war.

www.newyorker.com

"To minimize casualties, the military outsourced any task that it could: maintenance, cooking and laundry, overland logistics, even security. Since 2007, there have regularly been more contractors than U.S. forces in Afghanistan; today, they outnumber them three to one."

time.com

These are the companies profiting the most from war:

5. General Dynamics
> Arm sales 2012: $20.9 billion
> Total sales 2012: $31.5 billion
> 2012 profit: -$332 million
> 2012 employment: 92,200

4. Raytheon
> Arm sales 2012: $22.5 billion
> Total sales 2012: $24.4 billion
> 2012 profit: $1.9 billion
> 2012 employment: 67,800

3. BAE Systems
> Arm sales 2012: $26.9 billion
> Total sales 2012: $28.3 billion
> 2012 profit: $2.6 billion
> 2012 employment: 88,200

2. Boeing
> Arm sales 2012: $27.6 billion
> Total sales 2012: $81.7 billion
> 2012 profit: $3.9 billion
> 2012 employment: 174,400

1. Lockheed Martin
> Arm sales 2012: $36 billion
> Total sales 2012: $47.2 billion
> 2012 profit: 2.7 billion
> 2012 employment: 120,000

It's the 'Murican way.

#2 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-12-10 11:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#2 | POSTED BY NIXON

Agreed ... so why continue or go into in any theater of war, where our security isn't at risk?

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-12-10 12:10 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris

I agree - our security was at risk or have you forgotten 9/11? I think war should be a last resort but Afghanistan wasn't exactly a "country" at that point.

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-12-10 02:06 PM | Reply

A lousy endless war

#5 | Posted by hamburglar at 2019-12-10 03:48 PM | Reply

2 trillion in tax dollars bought us a failed state and endless supplies of heroin ( whose profits are all private)... mission accomplished

#6 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2019-12-10 05:54 PM | Reply

Just remember.

There's no money for healthcare or community colleges.

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-12-10 06:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

2 trillion in tax dollars bought us a failed state and endless supplies of heroin ( whose profits are all private)... mission accomplished

#6 | POSTED BY 503JC69 AT 2019-12-10 05:54 PM | FLAG: AWWWWWWWWWWW

You spoiled the surpriiiiiizzzzzzze!!!!

This is how you roll with the greatest military in the whirrrrrrled.

#8 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-12-10 07:55 PM | Reply

all I know is that if there's TWO TRILLION on the table..a huge portion of which can be obfuscated with bureaucracy and "national security" and then you give me a piece of windfall legislation like "CITIZENS UNITED".

that's like knowing about Microsoft..Apple..Google and Amazon at just the right time.

#9 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-12-10 08:06 PM | Reply

The MIC made a ------- ------- of cash.

#10 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-12-10 09:04 PM | Reply

A giant waste of money - too bad the Dems and establishment GOP refuse to learn anything from it. In fact, they want to repeat this idiocy in Syria, Yemen, etc. But on the plus side, Obama and Braindead W Bush got to play war....

Here is another way to look at this:

We could have given $60K to every man, woman, and child in Afghanistan for $2T. Knowing this, I think we should have not fought the war how we did. We should have offered the $60K to all citizens in Afghanistan on the condition that they leave the country - such as go to Pakistan where that family of 5 with $300,000 in cash would make them the bell of the ball. After we get the normal people out, we carpet bomb everything as all remaining people are part of the enemy. So, completely annihilate any remaining inhabitants. Then, make a 20 mile strip along the border enforced with land mines and predator drones to stop any illegal border crossings. After, sell off the mineral rights in a global auction and sell of the real estate to families wanting to return after thorough vetting.

We could have made this country a paradise for the normal, civilized population while not costing the US anything longer term. At this point in history, we should have learned that Muslims cannot be reasoned with. They lack the ability to think logically, abide by contracts, develop economically, or act in an otherwise civilized manner. Continuing our current policies attempts to overturn those truisms...which is why our policy has been a failure.

#11 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-10 09:04 PM | Reply

We did get to slapper on pakistanis till they left Afghanistan.

Granted that's cold comfort since anyone can do the same and for a lot less money.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-10 10:20 PM | Reply

"What Did the U.S. Get for $2 Trillion in Afghanistan?"

We got Bush re-elected.
That alone is worth it, to conservatives.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-12-10 10:28 PM | Reply

They got a huge airbase in the middle of a land locked strategic, yet primitive place. IMO that is the end gain. The US can defend and supply Bagram AFB forever. The US needs little else in Afghanistan.

It`s kind of like those little islands in the pacific during WW2... unsinkable aircraft carriers.

#14 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-12-10 11:07 PM | Reply

We did get to slapper on pakistanis till they left Afghanistan.

Ummm no... any and all Pakistanis in Afghanistan flew back to Pakistan with American blessing. LOL

en.wikipedia.org

#15 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-10 11:20 PM | Reply

The US can defend and supply Bagram AFB forever.

As long as Pakistan wants it supplied.

Otherwise "forever" is only a week long.

#16 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-10 11:21 PM | Reply

It`s kind of like those little islands in the pacific during WW2... unsinkable aircraft carriers.

It`s kind of like those fake little islands in the South China Sea today... unsinkable aircraft carriers.

(updated/corrected)

#17 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-10 11:45 PM | Reply

They weren't in the mood to let Americans count them as they fled in Terror at the sight of real men.

The only way American forces were able to conclude how many came from Pakistan was the --------- trails you cowards left behind.

#18 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-10 11:49 PM | Reply

But just a few posts back you said all Pakistanis were killed by Americans?

And now you are angry they weren't... in fact your "real men" gave them a friendly escort to the airport and then lied about it. LOL!

#19 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-10 11:52 PM | Reply

Sorry kid... history is a beeyach ain't it? LOL

#20 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-10 11:53 PM | Reply

All killed?

Your English suuuuuucks.

#21 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-11 12:13 AM | Reply

#21 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-11 12:13 AM | Reply | Flag: And so starts the back-pedaling with deflections and furious denials!

#22 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-11 12:34 AM | Reply

Anyone can look and see if for themselves that I didn't use that phrase.....rigel.

#23 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-11 12:37 AM | Reply

You said "We did get to slapper on pakistanis till they left Afghanistan."

First of all who is WE, Canadian? LOL

Second, you wrote what I can only assume means "slapped around" while you implied "killed".

However, neither were any Pakistanis slapped around nor were they killed. They were cleared a path to the airport and saluted onto waiting planes.

LOL

Like I said, "history is a beeyach, ain't it"?

You didn't know any of this and got caught with your pants down while making up stuff that never happened.

Own it.

#24 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-11 12:58 AM | Reply

Pakistan is the best friend the US could rent.

Should count an extra $50-$100 billion that went to Pakistan. LOL

I must say, Dubya and Obama were the stupidest presidents USA ever had. Trump is stupid but he is "street smart" (like a pick-pocket) at the same time.

#25 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-11 01:02 AM | Reply

What with calling me Canadian all the sudden? Didn't used to think I was from Arkansas because people there have a higher quality of life then those in Pakistan?

#26 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-11 01:59 AM | Reply

Afghanistan is the republicl0wns favorite-----------. Meaningless excuse because now they need to guard the opium fields... they produce like 90% of the worlds opium.... and Purdue, Merk and Pfizer loves them for it. Nearly a million Americans have died from opiod overdose since we "freed" Afghanistan and increased the profit margin of opium. Meanwhile... in the US of A... nearly a million of our own citizens have died... and what killed them can be traced to Afghanistan... iand pimped out by big pharma... and kicking our ass from within. Trumplethinskin rewards them with a tax break and a promise to get insurance back on track for the,

Going after Hussein was more important than Afghanistan which is why he televised going after Saddam. Does anyone get how weird it was for the country to televise a war we were destined to lose in front of the world? You can't win a war started on false premises. Only republicl0wns dream up that level of stupid.

#27 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-12-11 06:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

What with calling me Canadian

I found you wear an aftershave called "Northern Moron".

Didn't used to think I was from Arkansas

For a few days, only because you are obsessed with inbreeding.

#28 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-11 07:13 AM | Reply

people there have a higher quality of life then those in Pakistan?

They sure do:

via GIPHY

#29 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-12-11 07:14 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

obama.... hope and change.....

#30 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-12-11 12:00 PM | Reply

Oh wow all you've got is an irrelevant cartoon because you know the people in Arkansas have it better then those in Pakistan.

#31 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-11 01:02 PM | Reply

#30 Afghanistan is Obama's vault too?

Can't wait to read Pegsus' and iraschitberg's opinions on war spending once Trump starts a ruckus with Iran.

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2019-12-11 03:02 PM | Reply

Next time Republicans want to start a war, the public should demand they answer what they always ask when Democrats propose something that actually helps people:

How are you gonna pay for that?

#33 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-11 03:13 PM | Reply

We got a lot of jobs supplying the MIC. Cons don't want to see the government helping people directly, but they do live some murder, so we provide fiscal stimulus like the Cons enjoy.

If I hear one more time how liberals messed things up, I'll cry.

#34 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-12-11 06:08 PM | Reply

If I hear one more time how liberals messed things up, I'll cry.

SURE....

Liberals love starting wars becasue moeny is easy to find for military adventures...

BUT...

Things have changed... it's now easy to find a job instead of going overseas and killing people,,,, tough to find poor suckers to go out on endless un-winable wars...

PLUS who wants to be in a wounded warriors commercial... not worth loosing a leg or an arm for a democrat...

As for protecting the constitution.... the constitution is here in America land of Democratic laws like the patriot act...

Communist Demos helped Making America safe for spying on fellow Americans...

#35 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-12-11 08:04 PM | Reply

"Can't wait to read Pegsus' and iraschitberg's opinions on war spending once Trump starts a ruckus with Iran.
#32 | POSTED BY JPW"

Yeah, you predicted this in 2016....along with nuclear annihilation by North Korea, a cratering US economy, and mass imprisonment of LGBT folks...the one thing that the last 3 years have taught us is that Leftists SUCK at predicting anything. I think this is due to underdeveloped frontal cortex in their brains inhibiting their ability to plan for the future in any aspect of their lives....probably why they are riddled with debt and saddled with degrees that will never pay for that debt rather than real world skills.

#36 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-11 09:40 PM | Reply

#35??..

#37 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-12-11 09:53 PM | Reply

Yeah, you predicted this in 2016....along with nuclear annihilation by North Korea, a cratering US economy, and mass imprisonment of LGBT folks

I didn't "predict" any of those things.

What sucks is your ability to post something meaningful or truthful.

#38 | Posted by jpw at 2019-12-11 10:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

" Yeah, you predicted this in 2016....along with nuclear annihilation by North Korea, a cratering US economy, and mass imprisonment of LGBT folks...the one thing that the last 3 years have taught us is that Leftists SUCK at predicting anything."

Now THAT is a straw man!

#39 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-12-11 11:06 PM | Reply

#39 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE

I was not here in 2016 so I would rely on Creepy HANDS stalked file....but, I would bet dollars to donuts you -------- were predicting an economic collapse just like your ------- head cheerleader Krugman. I would also bet that you -------- were predicting war with N. Korea when Trump was calling him 'Little Rocket Man'. You really want to make the claim that NO ONE on this very website made those claims? Really?

#40 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-11 11:10 PM | Reply

" I was not here in 2016"

Then stfu about what people here posted, moron.

#41 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-12-11 11:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#41 | POSTED BY ALEXANDRITE

Care to be honest?

Did you predict an economic collapse when Trump was elected? Be honest now, there are long timers that will remember.

#42 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-11 11:35 PM | Reply

no.

#43 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-12-11 11:39 PM | Reply

Did you predict an economic collapse when Trump was elected? Be honest now, there are long timers that will remember.

Why would anyone who was watching the economy. It was taking the same upward arc then as it continued under Trump, at a slightly lower pace than Obama's. Now, before you froth out of your mouth, of course the economy is higher now than it was under Obama because it has never stopped climbing since 2010.

Honestly, I think Trump has done some things that might have retarded even higher, more broad-based growth, but I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected. His policies were bound to help rich people get richer and up is their prefered position when property and prices are involved.

#44 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-11 11:48 PM | Reply

"but I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected
#44 | POSTED BY TONYROMA "

LOL. Sorry, but I am going to call you a 100% LIAR. If you say that you personally didn't think the economy would collapse under Trump, I will take you at your word - but if you say that you "never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected" - well, then you are a ---- LIAR.

#45 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-12 12:05 AM | Reply

"Did you predict an economic collapse when Trump was elected?"

Did you predict a trillion dollars a year in hot checks?

Oh wait...Trump promised to eliminate the annual deficit. How's that working out?

#46 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-12 12:07 AM | Reply

"How are you gonna pay for that?"

Republicans never ask or answer that question, if the subject is tax cuts, war, tax cuts, military spending, or tax cuts.

#47 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-12 12:10 AM | Reply

LOL. Sorry, but I am going to call you a 100% LIAR. If you say that you personally didn't think the economy would collapse under Trump, I will take you at your word - but if you say that you "never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected" - well, then you are a ---- LIAR.
#45 | POSTED BY IRAGOLDBERG

I'll counter by calling you a fccking liar.

Fair?

#48 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-12-12 12:12 AM | Reply

"Did you predict a trillion dollars a year in hot checks?
#46 | POSTED BY DANFORTH "

You mean in government debt? Why YES I DID. We have a spending problem and even at $1T in new debt every year, Trump will rack up less debt than that turd Obama. However, I suspect Trump will address spending in his second term.

#49 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-12 12:12 AM | Reply

"#48 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11 "

Simple question - do you believe this is a truthful statement: "I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected."

Seriously, not even you are that dishonest. It would mean you never picked up a NYT, watched CNN, MSNBC, or read anything written by Paul Krugman - much less needed to completely avoid any article linked in this site and commented on by the Leftists dealing with jobs or the economy. It is a blatant lie and should be called out as such.

#50 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-12 12:15 AM | Reply

"there are long timers that will remember."

Long timers don't remember but you, who supposedly Joined 2019/04/22, do. Uh-huh. The only "---- LIAR" here is you.

#51 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-12-12 12:17 AM | Reply

"Long timers don't remember but you, who supposedly Joined 2019/04/22, do. Uh-huh. "

Ask Goldberg what other name(s) he's posted under. He'll avoid the question like the plague.

#52 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-12-12 12:24 AM | Reply

"Long timers don't remember but you, who supposedly Joined 2019/04/22, do. Uh-huh. The only "---- LIAR" here is you.
#51 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY "

I DON'T KNOW - because I was not here - so I have taking the liar at his/her word that they did not personally make the prediction. But, this was the common refrain from the braindead left with Krugman tell people to dump their stocks.

You losers must thank your lucky stars every day that this site is not searchable for your histories.

#53 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-12 12:30 AM | Reply

Here's the problem with Ira, right here:

Only 9% of 15-year-olds can tell when facts are really facts " not opinions

Most teens can't detect the validity of supposed "facts" from contextual clues.

They regurgitate, but they don't incubate, nor contemplate the totality of universal possibilities outside the one they hyper-focus upon. They might see the reality of the tree, but they're non-observant of how that reality is shaped by the forest of which the tree is a part of.

#54 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-12 12:32 AM | Reply

"Here's the problem with Ira, right here:
Only 9% of 15-year-olds can tell when facts are really facts " not opinions
Most teens can't detect the validity of supposed "facts" from contextual clues.
#54 | POSTED BY TONYROMA "

Yes - that is my problem - trying to educate you fools on what is a fact and what is an opinion. I tried yesterday with Douchefroth and gave up on the effort. He is a 60+ but he has the uneducated mind of a child as you indicated above.

So, Tony'Cut&Paste'Roma - do you believe this to be an honest statement: "I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected."

Get your answer on record.

#55 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-12 12:38 AM | Reply

So, Tony'Cut&Paste'Roma - do you believe this to be an honest statement: "I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected."

You keep proving my point without ever realizing it. And that wasn't the same question you asked above, or do I need to show you what question we responded to? Okay, let's do both. First, this question.

Of course I've seen people say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected. I've also seen people say that the world would end if Trump was elected. I've also seen people say that they'd leave the country if Trump was elected. I could go on forever.

There is a difference between a reasoned response based on an evidentiary basis for the answer and ungrounded, emotionally driven hyperbole or hysteria. I know the difference because I think, not emote, through my feelings based on the logic and intellect I've been given and have used for 60 years of life experience.

Your other question was did I think that the election of Trump would crash the economy and I printed over a hundred words telling you based on statistical realities why I didn't. What factual basis would I have had that just the specter of Trump would crash the economy regardless of how I might feel about him? Trump stewarding the economy was far down on my list of things he might screw up because the economy was already doing great before he was elected and actually bumped up after his election and before he was inaugurated, telling me that the market liked his election.

Anything else junior?

#56 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-12 12:52 AM | Reply

And I don't make general market opinions unless they're tied to a specific economic policy being instituted that has enough probability of changing the economy's current trajectory. Trump announced he was cutting taxes. When has that announcement immediately crashed the US economy since Reagan made it a GOP orthodoxy 40 years ago?

#57 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-12 12:56 AM | Reply

And lastly, before I go to sleep, the point here is that the OG posters who are answering you might answer simple questions with short answers. But we all expect you to understand that there are centuries of collective thought behind each one and very little of that thought is attached to whatever political/partisan bent of the day that may be applied to the answer. We don't knee jerk. Our knees are shot at this age. ;^)

We amble with a purpose.

Hope you can understand that.

#58 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-12 01:01 AM | Reply

"Of course I've seen people say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected. "

Then you need to have a debate from your dumber, less honest alter-ego from #44 that stated: "but I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected."

This is called logic. You made a dumb statement in #44. Just own up to it and move on as even your sobered up mind now can see how dumb of a statement it was to make.

"I've also seen people say that the world would end if Trump was elected. I've also seen people say that they'd leave the country if Trump was elected. I could go on forever."

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? No one forced you to make the dumb statement you did in #44 - you offered it up of your own free will. Own it.

"emotionally driven hyperbole or hysteria."

If we exclude that, the Left would have nothing left to contribute.

"I know the difference because I think, not emote, through my feelings based on the logic and intellect I've been given and have used for 60 years of life experience."

Then you should see how your statement #44 is 100% incompatible with what you are trying to do now.

"Your other question was did I think that the election of Trump would crash the economy and I printed over a hundred words telling you based on statistical realities why I didn't."

And I will take you at your word on that, but I still think you are likely lying. But without archived posts, it is a moot point so we can move on.

"What factual basis would I have had that just the specter of Trump would crash the economy regardless of how I might feel about him?"

Probably because, you, like most braindead lefties prayed at the shrine of the braindead Paul Krugman that predicted exactly that the day after the election in a NYT op ed.

#59 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-12 01:03 AM | Reply

Then you need to have a debate from your dumber, less honest alter-ego from #44 that stated: "but I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected."

I just showed you that you have severe comprehension problems. Your question was DID I think that. I answered no for myself. The rest of my quote is in reference to agreeing with the other posters. "I've never seen anyone", meaning the people in this conversation, not everyone on the planet.

Gawd, today's education system sucks.

And I will take you at your word on that, but I still think you are likely lying. But without archived posts, it is a moot point so we can move on.

There is an archived system. Go there and help yourself: web.archive.org*/drudge.com
Type in drudge.com in the search box and go to 2016. Have fun.

Never been a Krugman fan. Doesn't mean he's always wrong, but I'm not a huge proponent.

#60 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-12 01:49 AM | Reply

"I've never seen anyone", meaning the people in this conversation, not everyone on the planet.

And please understand, I'm not saying that your interpretation of what I wrote is technically wrong, it isn't. But your understanding wasn't what I meant.

A person can use the same words, and based on the context and the other things helping to define those words (the forest), there can be an entirely different meaning (tree) and neither of us is intentionally trying to trick the other person.

I answered your questions honestly and I made no contradiction in the way I meant the words to be read and understood as my only intent to convey what I believe.

#61 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-12 01:53 AM | Reply

So, Tony'Cut&Paste'Roma - do you believe this to be an honest statement: "I've never seen anyone say that the economy would crash just because Trump was elected."

I remember people saying Trump, The King of Debt, would enact huge tax cuts to benefit the wealthy (check), drive up the national debt in the process (check) and then use the sky-rocketing debt as his excuse to undercut the safety net and entitlement programs (partial check--he has promised to go after Medicare and SS after he is re-elected).

#62 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-12-12 08:07 AM | Reply

Agreed ... so why continue or go into in any theater of war, where our security isn't at risk?

#3 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

And do you assess when our security isn't at risk?

It was leaving the first time without helping the country become self sufficient that let Al Qaeda come in, build training camps, and cause 9/11.

Although I appreciate that you have gone from calling people traitors for not supporting Bush in Afghanistan to becoming an isolationist now that it backfired. Very Republican of you.

#63 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-12-12 12:17 PM | Reply

Could have paid for a lot of medical care food and education with that money.

#64 | Posted by byrdman at 2019-12-12 01:20 PM | Reply

What Did the U.S. Get for $2 Trillion in Afghanistan?

Easy - 2,440 dead Americans.

#65 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2019-12-12 05:31 PM | Reply

Comments are closed for this entry.

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2020 World Readable

Drudge Retort