Tuesday, December 10, 2019

In the Democratic primary race for president, former Vice President Joe Biden is in the best position that he has been since the end of the summer, with 29 percent of the vote among Democratic voters and independent voters who lean Democratic, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll released today. Biden is followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders with 17 percent, Sen. Elizabeth Warren with 15 percent, and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg with 9 percent. Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has 5 percent, businessman Andrew Yang receives 4 percent, and Sen. Amy Klobuchar gets 3 percent. No other candidate tops 2 percent. In a November 26 poll, Biden received 24 percent, Buttigieg got 16 percent, Warren had 14 percent, and Sanders got 13 percent.

Comments

Biden should be careful... the current Pres isn't above asking Russia, China, and the Ukraine, publically, to provide dirt on him. And those Russian poisoners are still on the loose. Just sayin'.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2019-12-10 07:02 PM | Reply

the current Pres isn't above asking Russia, China, and the Ukraine,

uh, that would be Hillary not Trump

#2 | Posted by Maverick at 2019-12-10 07:31 PM | Reply

Poll: Biden's Presidential Bid Position Improves

unbelievable that Biden is the leader. maybe he will challenge Trump to a push up contest during a debate LOL

#3 | Posted by Maverick at 2019-12-10 07:33 PM | Reply

Biden's campaign is already a walking corpse. His donors are gone and people say his name in polls simply because the other candidates are so flawed no one will admit that they support them. No one takes Biden seriously at this point - which is why we have the second Hillary trial balloon in 3 weeks. If the Dems impeach - and they seem to be suicide bomber rational at this point - it ends Biden as a political figure and could end up with him in jail.

At this point, you can try to run Clinton but she doesn't have a snowball's chance. Or, you could finally get behind Bernie and watch him take an electoral beating like never witnessed before so for 2024 you can finally shut the "progressives" up about public support of their communist policies.

Now - I am completely serious when I say this and I would need to consider my vote should it happen - you can draft Oprah. She is your own hope of winning an election post-impeachment fiasco. The polls are already showing what I have been stating - Dems can't win without Black Voters with a high turnout and 90%+ Dems support. You don't have a candidate running today that will bring that to 2020. Biden is your best bet - but his campaign is already over.

#4 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-10 09:18 PM | Reply

Uh, Trump asked the government leaders of all three to interfere in his behalf in our elections... your HDS notwithstanding.

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2019-12-10 09:50 PM | Reply

"Now - I am completely serious when I say this"

You can be sure when somebody says this, nothing they say is serious.

#6 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-12-10 11:19 PM | Reply

Perhaps Clownshack can come in here with some bigoted jokes ....

I am sure bigots like Clownshack are why TheMayor can't gain traction, he seems pretty bright, and some interesting ideas ...

#7 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-12-10 11:21 PM | Reply

Perhaps Clownshack can come in here with some bigoted jokes ....

#8 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-12-10 11:21 PM | Reply

"maybe he will challenge Trump to a push up contest during a debate LOL"

Maybe, but hopefully he and PR team are astute enough to move on to another bring-it-on type catch phrase long before then. Maybe by that point he'll just whip it out on stage and say "okay, let's compare."

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-12-11 12:07 AM | Reply

Biden's Presidential Bid Position Improves

So, we should be looking forward to another limp campaign and "Hunter! Joe! Lock him up!" chants and 4 more years of Orange Menace?

Moronic party vs Stupid party, part deux.

#10 | Posted by CutiePie at 2019-12-11 03:58 AM | Reply

"Biden's position improves."

It's no surprise to me. Biden's as close to Barack Obama as we'll ever get. People loved, trusted and respected Barack Obama then . . . and still do to this day.

BTW, it's nice of Trump to mention Obama's name so often. It's like giving us a split screen to keep us reminded us of the difference between the two.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 04:50 AM | Reply

It's probably his turn. Of course it might still be her turn as well. I don't know how the turns thing works

#12 | Posted by Charliecharles at 2019-12-11 06:19 AM | Reply

I honestly don't know if I can bring myself to vote for Biden. I honestly hate saying that but it is true. If he is our nominee I may just be too disgusted to make it to the votng booth. The deal with Hunter getting paid $50,000 per month by a Ukrainian energy company convinced me that Joe Biden's morality is not very strong. Any idiot would have realized how awful that looked. Now nominate him and watch Donald Trump destroy him over it. Joe Biden and Hunter Biden did effectively destroy any chance of Joe Biden winning an election. No. Joe Biden cannot be our nominee.
It's ridiculous to pretend otherwise.

#13 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-11 06:33 AM | Reply

Careful DANNI

Russia's propaganda isn't Kool-Aid any more. It's a toxic brew.

Don't stay home. A wasted vote is a vote for Trump.

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 06:45 AM | Reply

Twin, I'm not opposed to Biden because of Russian influence, it's because of his willingness to help the banks and insurance companies. STudent debt can't be discharged in bankruptcy thanks to Joe Biden. F Joe Biden.

#15 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-11 06:49 AM | Reply

And Twin, realize too, we haven't even gone through the primaries yet, so yes I am going to suggest to everyone I can that I don't want Joe Biden as our candidate. Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders...or both! Great records, Great people who I would be proud to vote for.
Democrats need to be strong, we need to ignore the Republican attacks on our candidates and vote with our hearts, vote with our intelligence and get what we want. Like Medicare for all, don't let them scare you away from what we want. They own the media and will frighten us as much as they can to prevent us from getting what we really want. NO! Support the candidates who represent real hope and progress and ignore those who represent banks.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-11 06:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

All is good, DANNI. Vote your heart.

Elizabeth is a compassionate woman. Personally I think she'd better serve the country as Secretary of Homeland Security. There's much to be done (fixed) and she's tough enough to get it done. She's earned her stripes. Nobody, NOBODY, is going to step on HER toes.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 07:47 AM | Reply

tRump has the Dumbing-KKKrueger vote locked up

It's the independents that will swing the election and Biden could very well be the death knell for that vote

#18 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-12-11 08:28 AM | Reply

"I just think it's going to take a woman to get those babies out of those cages. We are, after all, born nurturers."

I have been wondering if men even understand what is wrong with putting babies in cages though I know all men aren't so insensitive, it seems to me that it ought to be a priority for all decent human beings. I can't believe our country is doing this in 2019.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-11 08:30 AM | Reply

"Poll: Democrats consider Obama a better president than George Washington

www.monmouth.edu

The survey comparing Obama and Washington is from Monmouth University. It found that among Democratic voters, the "Father of Our Country" trails Obama by 29 percent to 63 percent.

By contrast, Republicans in the survey held that Washington is a better president than Trump. The margin was 44-37. Many of the remaining 19 percent may have thought that the question was better left unanswered.

This probably won't get the attention that the Trump-Lincoln poll got, because it shows that Democrats are even cultish than Repubs.

#20 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-11 08:38 AM | Reply

Hahaha. The Trump-Putin play worked on you. Sad.

Biden doesn't deserve votes because he's a corporate-owned centrist just like the last person who lost to Trump. But to stay home because of Hunter Biden is laughable.

#21 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-11 08:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"Hahaha. The Trump-Putin play worked on you. Sad.
#21 | POSTED BY JOE "

Good point. The real number was over $83,000/month

#22 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-11 08:58 AM | Reply

Take a step back and look at the implications of Biden still leading. Despite his verbal gaffes, incessant groping, and the spectre of pay-Hunter-for-access-to-Daddy hanging over his head, he still leads by a significant margin. What does that say about Liz Warren and Bernie? They're both experienced and good campaigners. The notable difference is their economic platform. Biden leading tells me that Americans don't want what they're selling.

#23 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-12-11 09:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"What does that say about Liz Warren and Bernie?"

#24 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-11 09:14 AM | Reply

#24 You assume that votes for one will become votes for the other. I don't know if that's the case, as the 2016 election demonstrated. Also, if you are going to tally Bernie and Liz, you'd better tally Joe and Pete (and probably Bloomberg).

#25 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-12-11 09:31 AM | Reply

"Also, if you are going to tally Bernie and Liz, you'd better tally Joe and Pete (and probably Bloomberg)."

They aren't actually Progressive Dems but Bernie and Elizabeth are, I think you could probably be assured that if EW or BS gets the nomination all the Progressives would vote for the one who got the nomination. Possibly some Bernie bros would not go along but I don't think all that many.

#26 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-11 09:41 AM | Reply

Democrats are going hard at Warren with the "Here is her as a Republican" ad buys.

#27 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-12-11 09:45 AM | Reply

Danni, if you are going to add Warren and Sanders voters together to get a greater percentage of voters than Biden, then you need to add Pete's to Joe's because if Pete left the race most of his number would go to the next candidate considered moderate. You can manipulate the votes any way you want to get your desired outcome, but that doesnt mean it is the least bit accurate...

#28 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-12-11 09:51 AM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Oh, come on now. We both know the MSM will give this the exact same treatment that was given to the Lincoln/Trump poll.

#29 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-12-11 09:57 AM | Reply

Biden leading tells me that Americans don't want what they're selling.

*old Americans

#30 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-11 10:28 AM | Reply

Warren was right up there in the polls until she got caught using voodoo arithmetic for her Medicare for All Plan. Let's just say it wasn't well thought out.

I fear she lost some credibility. It could even be her Waterloo.

And back peddling isn't usually helpful. Her numbers started to drop almost immediately.

Joe Biden has a more reasonable plan to fix Obamacare for much less money.

Warren also doesn't have any foreign policy experience while Biden is on first name basis with practically every leader in the world. I'd rather have Biden in there pitching for our team than anybody else 'cause he's well known and trusted.

I think we all agree that Trump is going to leave one hell of a mess in his wake. As usual after a Republican president's disasters, this is not the time for on-the-job-training.

#31 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 12:01 PM | Reply

"You can manipulate the votes any way you want to get your desired outcome, but that doesnt mean it is the least bit accurate..."

I agree with you there but I'm hopeful that Progressive Dems will be able to convert the polling of their issues into support for our candidates.

#32 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-11 12:13 PM | Reply

Joe Biden has a more reasonable plan to fix Obamacare for much less money.

Joe Biden wants to create a Medicaid public option and give more subsidies to those at 100-400% of the poverty level.

Has he said how he will pay for that? Or do we only demand that of those seeking M4A?

#33 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-11 12:33 PM | Reply

DANNI

"Their issues poll high so I would think the candidates representing those issues should poll higher than they do."

Well, they probably would but campaigns cost money and not everyone is so well heeled.

Look what happened to Kamila Harris.

#34 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 12:48 PM | Reply

JOE

"Has he said how he will pay for that?"

I don't know the answer but I'll do some research. I doubt it reaches the trillions Warren proposed. Regardless, the cost is something the Legislative branch has to work out.

Frankly I'm more zeroed in on the other 80% of a president job . . . foreign policy and who is best suited to pull the U.S. out of the quagmire/quicksand Trump has created.

#35 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 01:05 PM | Reply

My point is that if you're going to accuse Warren for "voodoo arithmetic," you better start demanding your guy show some arithmetic too.

#36 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-11 01:09 PM | Reply

#36 - At this point I think I consider Biden my guy, and since I wasnt out there demeaning that Warren show some math I dont care if Joe does or not. Lets face is though, even in regards to Warren, the POTUS has no significant choice in how it is paid for. Warren laid out a plan she hoped would float well with the crowd she is courting. She flat said she will not sign a bill that increases the taxes on the middle class. She should have left it at that and stated that congress holds the power to determine where else to find the money - because that is the truth. She could only provide a guideline of where she would like it to come from. Twin is right, the biggest consideration is foreign policy and the things that our POTUS actually spearheads. We need Trump out and someone in there that can get us back on the rails.

#37 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-12-11 01:19 PM | Reply

If you don't care about producing math in the first place then you shouldn't care about Warren's math not adding up. Warren released a plan because centrists and Republicans constantly whine about the left not having plans to pay for their programs. Meanwhile Biden has his own policy goals and is not expected to show how he will pay for any of it. I call --------. I'm tired of the double standard.

#38 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-11 01:22 PM | Reply

Oh but see, if someone says they have a plan and lays it out then it should at least work out without some fake magic. It is like republican trickle down BS. If you actually want to show me dont treat me like I am too dumb to notice your slight of hand.

#39 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-12-11 01:25 PM | Reply

JOE

" you better start demanding "

I seriously doubt if my "demands" would make it past the circle file in the mail room.

As I said, I'll find out but I rarely ever vote based on domestic issues that are at the mercy of the Legislative branch who control the purse strings.

Foreign policy is where the presidential action is.

#40 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 01:26 PM | Reply

IDAHOGIRL

Let's don't gang up on Joe. He's not the enemy here. I, for one, am not going to join the divisive crowd.

Joe's a good guy with a different opinion, that's all.

#41 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 01:46 PM | Reply

Der GROPENSNIFFER for 2020!

#42 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2019-12-11 01:50 PM | Reply

"STudent debt can't be discharged in bankruptcy thanks to Joe Biden. F Joe Biden."

Not true.

loans.usnews.com

#43 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-12-11 01:53 PM | Reply

SENTINEL

Thank you. I read your link and that makes more sense.

#44 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 02:02 PM | Reply

GREATAMERICAN

"Der GROPENSNIFFER for 2020!"

It's not polite to call Trump names in a foreign language.

#45 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-11 02:05 PM | Reply

"Joe Biden and Hunter Biden did effectively destroy any chance of Joe Biden winning an election."

What did Joe Biden do? Absolutely nothing. For all the talk you've made about Russian propaganda, it's ironic you're probably repeating it right now.

#46 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-12-11 02:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Why carry on with the primary farce?

The Democratic machine wants Biden.

Just give it to him already and move onto Trump's second term.

#47 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-12-11 02:25 PM | Reply

Reading more into this poll.

head to head
Biden v. Trump: 51-42
Sanders v. Trump: 51-43

Under 35:
Sanders 52
Warren 17
Biden 11
Yang 7
Gabbard 3
Buttigieg 2

#48 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-11 03:09 PM | Reply

Why carry on with the primary farce?
The Democratic machine wants Biden.
Just give it to him already and move onto Trump's second term.

Where is the fun in that? oh no no no.... turn around is fair play....

The senate should have a "Pre-impeachment trial" for Joe. while Trump is being impeached for making Ambassadors cry... while joe had done some real crime... Bribery... yea paying off large paychecks for access to obama... well barisma doesn't give away board positions to any coke sniffing, dishonorably discharged navy swabbo's.... How many military secretes did hunter trade for small plastic bag's of coke? How many bags did he sell to his fellow officers?... what? that's not being covered by the drive by's??? well no wonder joe has become a grouch...

yea we need a pre-impeachment trial for joe... it would make Trumps impeachment appear as small potatoes...

#49 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-12-11 04:21 PM | Reply

Honestly.

If you aren't Warren, Bernie or Biden, you shouldn't be in the primaries anymore.

I'm not even sure what Bloomberg is hoping for.

As it is, there are currently 15 (16?) candidates in the primaries.

Biden is going to get the nod. The Democratic superdelegates are hoping republicans will vote for him.

#50 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-12-11 04:28 PM | Reply

I think at this point that Biden will be my guy, but I also like Pete. I would like to see how things pan out. I dont need everyone to drop out of the primary yet, but a narrower field on the debate stage would be nice.

#51 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-12-11 04:33 PM | Reply

I think at this point that Biden will be my guy,

I'm going Democratic regardless. I am pretty sure Biden will get the nod.

but I also like Pete.

I've always liked him. Smart, well accomplished, healthy, young. He may not get the nod this time. But he has a great future ahead of him if he stays in politics.

I would like to see how things pan out.

Short of a miracle, it's going to Biden.

At this point it would make sense for everyone remaining to stay in until after the February primaries. At least see where you stand.

#52 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-12-11 04:57 PM | Reply

Can't wait for Joe to explain how Hunter had a relationship with his dead brothers wife and Joe to admit he didn't know. Can't wait for the stripper he impregnated to get ahold of his Burisma pay. I'll bet Joe didn't know Mom was a stripper. They make the Kennedys look like saints. Well, except Ted, the murderer

#53 | Posted by wisgod at 2019-12-11 05:48 PM | Reply

"It says they divide the progressive vote and share numbers. When you add their numbers together they collectively lead Biden. Ehen one or the other emerges as the progressive champion they will have a larger number than Joe the Rep. of the Banks. Dems need to reject Republican Lite Joe and go with a real Progressive and actually win and accomplish something good for the American people."

You're thinking that because you want this, so does the rest of the country.

You need to step back for a minute and consider what voters, especially the independents, care about. You'll realize that many voters could care less about the progressive issues that resonate with you.

#54 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-12-11 09:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

CLOWN

"At this point it would make sense for everyone remaining to stay in until after the February primaries."

Also, there's going to be a lot of jobs opening up in a new administration. The man at the top isn't an island. The primary is a good place to submit your resume'.

I'm trying to think of a good place where Pete might fit in.

#55 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-12 12:27 AM | Reply

WISGOD

Keep whistling. It's a long walk, a dark night and a very big graveyard.

#56 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-12 12:29 AM | Reply

Fightin' Joe has "Jomentum". He's just the man to get the job done!

If "Joe Biden" is the answer, what was the question?

#57 | Posted by Nuke_Gently at 2019-12-12 05:31 AM | Reply

NUKE

"If "Joe Biden" is the answer, what was the question?"

Who can beat Trump? There isn't anybody else on the stage that can even come close.

Trump must think so, too, cause he's sure going to a lot of trouble to prove it.

#58 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-12-12 06:42 AM | Reply

Awwww . . . Bless your heart

#59 | Posted by Nuke_Gently at 2019-12-12 07:04 AM | Reply

No "moderate" person is going to vote for an alt-right sexual predator like Donald Trump.

#60 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-12 10:36 AM | Reply

#58 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

You may right!

As it turns out Trump decided to withhold military aid from Ukraine until they made a statement on CNN about investigating Biden's son at the same time Biden entered the race.

Isn't that interesting?

#61 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-12-12 06:52 PM | Reply

You may (be) right. You may be wrong

Or we may all be crazy...

But Trump might just be the lunatic you're looking for...

Regardless, it sure is a coincidence isn't it?

#62 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-12-12 06:56 PM | Reply

I see the lazy Russian trolls are trying to convince people there is no real difference between Biden and Trump.

I've seen garbage like this before it's how we ended up with bush winning a second term and a recession they caused our current homeless crisis.

#63 | Posted by Tor at 2019-12-12 07:05 PM | Reply

"If your response is "they'll just stay home," i'm curious (1) why nominating a centrist in 2016 didn't work, and (2) whether you have accounted for the fact that an authentic progressive might turn out the left voters who typically stay home/vote Green in a manner that eclipses the number of "independents" a centrist candidate would get."

Progressives tend to be highly concentrated in specific areas, generally in states that are going to go for the Democratic nominee in the first place. For your argument to be valid, there would need to be more progressives in swing or purple states than there are independents or Repubs who would be willing to swing their vote towards the Dems. The more left the candidate, the less likely that would happen.

If Biden is the candidate, I'll vote Dem. Maybe Warren. But not Sanders. Ever.

#64 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-12-12 08:37 PM | Reply

Focusing on those three because one of them seems most likely to get the nod. Yang is the smartest one of the bunch though.

#65 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-12-12 08:37 PM | Reply