Monday, December 16, 2019

Brian Kilmeade Stunned' by Fox News Poll Differing From What Fox & Friends' Pushes About Impeachment. The Fox host admitted he was surprised by the number because, in his corner of the world, he "thought that things were trending away.

Comments

I am shocked that the lie I made up is not supported by facts. But wait, I can just make up another lie. It's what Trump would want.

#1 | Posted by kudzu at 2019-12-16 12:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Outlier poll is outlier. The average polls still continue the lowering trend that began in October.
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

#2 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-12-16 12:39 PM | Reply

"The stock market is crashing! The country is in ruins!!" - December 2016

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-12-16 12:44 PM | Reply

I don't about the bubble popping but Fox News has surely begun evolving. Maybe Rupert's kid that just bought the $150 million dollar mansion is the reason.

#4 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-12-16 02:06 PM | Reply

Brian Kilmeade is JeffJ?

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2019-12-16 09:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

50% is hardly an outlier in a distribution with a mean of 47%. 47% is probably within the Fox poll margin of error. Keep telling yourself there is a meaningful downward trend. LOL

#6 | Posted by horstngraben at 2019-12-16 10:36 PM | Reply

Two RCP polls yesterday showed support for impeachment was under 50% with the biggest drop being with independents. I read that Fox poll over-sampled Democrats.

I think what Trump tried to do is impeachable. For whatever reason the public at large isn't sufficiently swayed.

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-12-17 07:30 AM | Reply

For whatever reason the public at large isn't sufficiently swayed.

It might have a little to do with the millions of dollars being spent by pro-Trump entities blanketing all forms of media with an anti-impeachment message while the House Democrats aren't even being whipped, and are allowed to personally make their own decisions about impeachment.

It could be that set of dynamics, smh....

#8 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-17 09:15 AM | Reply

I think what Trump tried to do is impeachable.

I do too. But I dont think it warrants a conviction or removal from office.

A Censure would have been the best way for the Democrats to go. But of course, that doesnt remove Trump from office.

#9 | Posted by boaz at 2019-12-17 11:07 AM | Reply

#9 - Censure also does not prevent him from continuing to obstruct congressional oversight, or asking foreign powers to interfere in our election. I asked about Censure last week and nobody had any good reason why we should go forward with that over impeachment. In fact you run away instead of explaining your own preference...

#10 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-12-17 11:19 AM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2019-12-17 11:07 AM

Rep. Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.) was one of the few congressional Democrats who actively searched for an alternative to impeachment.

"Given the deepening partisan divide of our country, and the all but certain dismissal in the Senate, I would have considered a different course -- including censure -- if it would have resulted in a strong, bipartisan refutation of the President's actions. I worked to find Republican colleagues willing to hold the President accountable. However, not a single one was willing to support censuring the President."

www.msnbc.com

#11 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-17 12:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 Thanks Tony, I appreciate that information as I had been asking last week for a good reason why we were going full on with impeachment if censure would leave impeachment on the table. I guess again Republicans have themselves to blame.

"... where we go after impeachment and if it wouldnt serve us better to censure now and fight to enforce the subpoenas instead of pushing forward and losing the leverage of impeachment. I believe an impeached Trump with nothing to lose will cheat even more brazenly to win re-election..."

POSTED BY JUSTAGIRL_IDAHO AT 2019-12-12 05:09 PM

#12 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-12-17 12:54 PM | Reply

It could be that set of dynamics, smh....

#8 | POSTED BY TONYROMA AT 2019-12-17 09:15 AM | FLAG:

Are you high? Oh yes, maybe you are right, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, etc. has been so pro Trump lately and in fact since he took office.

#13 | Posted by fishpaw at 2019-12-17 01:08 PM | Reply

POSTED BY JUSTAGIRL_IDAHO AT 2019-12-12 05:09 PM

#12 | POSTED BY JUSTAGIRL_IDAHO AT 2019-12-17 12:54 PM | FLAG: Doesn't know what the Mueller report is.

#14 | Posted by fishpaw at 2019-12-17 01:12 PM | Reply

I'm not high, but you're obviously blind. I'm talking about ADS, not usual news punditry. Mike Bloomberg has spent tens of millions on ads and went from 0 to 7% nationally in a matter of a couple weeks. And he isn't the President - who garners wall-to-wall coverage every day - calling his critics "scum" and the like for having the audacity of trying to hold him to his constitutional responsibilities.

#15 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-17 01:16 PM | Reply

A Censure would have been the best way for the Democrats to go.
#9 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Why? What would that have accomplished?

#16 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-12-17 01:17 PM | Reply

#15 You said the Democrats have not done anything. Front page stories in basically every media market have been wall to wall pro impeachment as well as on line and television. You are already making excuses, what a surprise.

#17 | Posted by fishpaw at 2019-12-17 01:22 PM | Reply

"Bubble is starting to pop"

Absolutely delusional. Trumpers have rallied around their president, and not a single Republican is defecting for impeachment. If anything the bubble is hardening.

#18 | Posted by JOE at 2019-12-17 01:29 PM | Reply

I realize that reporting the facts is viewed by your ilk as being "for" impeachment. The evidence as it exists in most people's realities is "for" impeachment because the conduct it describes is impeachable. Turn on your tv and listen to the Rules Committee hearing. It's being soberly said over and over again. And the Republicans keep complaining about the process and what specific materials they weren't given access to as though a single sheet of paper exists which will miraculously exonerate Trump from the morass of his activities.

And I love your projection, it's just like Trump's. I said House Democrats aren't being whipped, and they aren't. I have yet to see any commercials but for Tom Steyer's talking about impeaching Trump in this moment, and I watch news almost all the time. I do see commercials that support Trump and that are against impeachment using the same language that he does.

There's not an excuse in sight, just your inability at reading comprehension and the willful misunderstanding of the simply-understood things that I wrote.

#19 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-12-17 01:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

A Censure would have been the best way for the Democrats to go.
#9 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Why? What would that have accomplished?

#16 | Posted by rstybeach11

Well, it's probably going to be nothing.

#20 | Posted by boaz at 2019-12-17 01:39 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Great non-answer.

I'll ask again and maybe someone can answer for you: What would censuring the POTUS have done?

#21 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-12-17 02:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#21 What would censuring the POTUS have done?

It would have done nothing, and that's only if it passed.

It wouldn't have passed, so it would have been provided a 'hahaha you losers went for a slap on the wrist and YOU COULDN'T EVEN GET THAT!! Boo-ya, Trump dunks on you! How's his diaper taste!!??' moment.

#22 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2019-12-17 02:31 PM | Reply

"Probably nothing you want done.The only thing liberals and Democrats want is removal. It's that or nothing."

Yes it's true. Not that it has been proven time and again that trump is a con man and a crook and a hat he is actively undermining the very constitution he was sworn to protect he has to go. Sorry.

Next time maybe don't elect a liar and a common thief to the highest office in the land.

#23 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-12-17 02:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

stunned...STUNNED I tell ya!!
Another Explosive! Stunning! Bombshell!
*lifts up...braaap

#24 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-12-17 03:37 PM | Reply

www.msnbc.com

#11 | POSTED BY TONYROMA AT 2019-12-17 12:46 PM | FLAG: | NEWSWORTHY 1

That's because the Republicans know the whole house of cards would tumble to the ground in a censure. Having to admit Trump committed ethical breaches would weaken the president and in the process weaken the GOP.

I think Trump has made it quite clear that he has no conscience and is committing impeachable offenses on a regular basis. But I don't expect that the Republican-led Senate will go along.

There's a big part of me that wants to rub the Republicans' noses in the mess they created and hold the line on impeachment. They deserve it.

But I am trying to look beyond the partisan anger to find, eventually, common ground for the good of the country. I worry that impeachment will only harden the divide, which ultimately is not good for America. I would like for all sides to come to something approaching a consensus that Trump is out of control, punish him in some way, and then try to move on with the nation's important business. Then Democrats focus on flogging him at the polls.

#25 | Posted by cbob at 2019-12-17 05:22 PM | Reply