Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Nike's new sneaker featuring former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick was sold out by Tuesday, a day after its release. The "Nike Air Force 1 07 x Colin Kaepernick" is sold out in both adult and children's sizes, according to the Nike website.

Comments

"WErst quaRTerBCK evAR!1!1! I No TWO. I Was BAckUp inJRhi befor I hert MyKNEE and HadTwo quit!!!!!"

-- every mouthbreathing boomer who has ever posted here

#1 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-12-24 07:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Beanie Babies were a poor investment class"

Kaepernick Shoes: "Hold my beer"

#2 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-25 10:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sold out befaoar I got mine?!?
Dayum

#3 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-12-25 11:10 AM | Reply

The grocery stores here are closed today.

However, if you're looking for sour grapes, just come to this thread on the DR!

#4 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-12-25 12:05 PM | Reply

==The grocery stores here are closed today.

Good. That's the way it was on every Sunday when I growing up in southern California. If you're dumb to do your shopping a day ahead, that's just too bad.

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-12-25 12:24 PM | Reply

I wonder how large [how many] of a 'production run' they made of the shoes.

#6 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-12-25 12:36 PM | Reply

Imagine cheering of a corporation that takes advantage of people that buy sneakers as their major investments.

#7 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-12-25 12:40 PM | Reply

I didn't see anything in the article to indicate the shoes were bought as an investment.

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-12-25 12:51 PM | Reply

Cool story, #7.

Now do corporations that are destroying the planet that we all live on.

#9 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-12-25 12:57 PM | Reply

I generally support Kaepernick's protest of inequality in this country. I think he could have went about it a different way (-- is usually not a productive means to send a message). But I get it. In terms of promoting equality, Kaepernick's association with Nike is super hypocritical given Nike's track record in regards to child labor. Its BS. But I suppose at least Kaepernick gets to cash in.

#10 | Posted by horstngraben at 2019-12-25 01:19 PM | Reply

Nike.

Turing protest into profit.

Luuuvvvvvv it!!!!

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-12-25 01:31 PM | Reply

#10 - I thought the same about their relationship but then I looked into Nike a bit and they have made big improvements in their treatment of labor over the past decade. They still have a ways to go catch up with sector leader Adidas but they are moving in the right direction and are A LOT better than most companies in an industry full of exploitative companies.

knowthechain.org

#12 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-12-25 01:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nike is doing much better, especially since the 90s and 2000s. But why not join up with Adidas, or better yet Patagonia?

www.patagonia.com

#13 | Posted by horstngraben at 2019-12-25 01:48 PM | Reply

Good for Kaep. Probably a better shoe salesman than NFL qb

#14 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-12-25 02:56 PM | Reply

Betsy Ross flag is racist. Thank god his face is on it. Hopefully no children gave up their lives for those shoes if they did at least Kaepernick made a profit.

#15 | Posted by homerj at 2019-12-25 03:11 PM | Reply

#16 | Posted by horstngraben at 2019-12-25 03:44 PM | Reply

Good for Kaep. Probably a better shoe salesman than NFL qb

#14 | POSTED BY GONOLES92 AT

61 men have been a starting Superbowl QB.

I already typed post #14 when I typed #1.

#17 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-12-25 05:38 PM | Reply

"It doesn't look like the Niners miss Keap. Pats were dumb for trading of Jimmie G.
#16 | POSTED BY HORSTNGRABEN"

They got stuck with a Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation - backup that wants to start and is ready vs. an aging vet with a few years left in the tank and desire to still 'be the man'. Pats took the opposite route than the Packers and near term it has payed off really well.

#18 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-12-25 08:47 PM | Reply

www.patagonia.com

#13 | POSTED BY HORSTNGRABEN AT 2019-12-25 01:48 PM | FLAG:

or better yet, New Balance? Bring jobs to urban Americans and breathe life back into dying American consumer manufacturing.

#19 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-12-26 07:56 AM | Reply

Something has to be said about consumers giving the finger to the NFL when they buy Kaepernick's shoes. Maybe not all of them but it has to cross the minds of many of them. Destroy a man's career because he does a silent protest about police brutality towards black men and women, I'm glad he's making money in spite of the NFL's preposterous demand that everyone display patriotism exactly the same way. Believe it or not, it is patriotic to care about the victims of police brutality, like it or not.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-26 08:15 AM | Reply

I consider myself fortunate in that I don't give a crap about the NFL and never waste 5 minutes watching it. But still, I do think Kaepernick got a raw deal just so some pretend patriots can pretend to be defending America who they will screw over every chance they get.

#21 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-26 08:31 AM | Reply

Yup. Even Brad Johnson and Joe Flacco have rings.

#22 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-12-26 09:23 AM | Reply

static.carthrottle.com

as usual, liberals are exploiting the black community, but most are too stupid to see it..

But I'm not hating the playa or the game..

Nike played this one nicely..

#23 | Posted by boaz at 2019-12-26 10:01 AM | Reply

Do they have extra arch support for waiting in the NFL unemployment line?

#24 | Posted by zelkova at 2019-12-26 10:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"s usual, liberals are exploiting the black community, but most are too stupid to see it.."

Repeat the approved talking point over and over and over and it still won't be true.

#25 | Posted by danni at 2019-12-26 11:30 AM | Reply

"I do think Kaepernick got a raw deal just so some pretend patriots can pretend to be defending America who they will screw over every chance they get.
#21 | POSTED BY DANNI"

[img width=500]i.imgur.com[/img]

#26 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-12-26 07:55 PM | Reply

Looks like all of the DR (R)tarded racists have checked in. Carry on.....

#27 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-12-27 01:28 AM | Reply