Friday, January 03, 2020

Beverage companies that sell diet sodas aren't making a weight-loss promise by including the word "diet" on their soft drinks, a federal court has ruled.

Comments

Diet beverages are bad for you.

Avoid them.

#1 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-01-03 10:54 PM | Reply

What's next, I can't lose weight by drinking Lite Beer?

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-03 10:56 PM | Reply

You DO know what DIET stands for on diet drinks don't You?? Drink Is Ewwwwwwwwwwy Tasting. It leaves this gawd awfullest taste in the back of your throat that makes you go bleck.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-03 11:36 PM | Reply

"It leaves this gawd awfullest taste in the back of your throat that makes you go bleck."

TMI, Laura. TMI.

#4 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-01-04 12:13 AM | Reply

The word diet in diets is not a weight loss promise.

#5 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2020-01-04 12:23 AM | Reply

Fat people are stupid if they think drinking diet whatevers is gonna help them reduce empty calories.

Grow the *%$#@ up. Get over the sweet tooth. You don't need to eat sweet.

Oh and BTW alcohol is femented sugar... and... big doh... sugar makes you fat.

It is not complex.

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-01-04 02:09 AM | Reply

One of the damnedest things you see is someone orders 2 big hamburgers and a couple orders of fries and then orders a diet coke. Hell you're going for heart trouble city yet half stepping it. You might as well go full on and order you a regular coke. Stupid is as stupid does I reckon.

#7 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-04 02:25 AM | Reply

I hate the taste of regular coke. I like the taste of diet coke. Only reason I ever order it. Otherwise I drink tea.

#8 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-01-04 02:26 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#8 | POSTED BY comrade BYRDMAN

Dont let the GOnP know you drink tea.
They'll kick you out.

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-01-04 02:55 AM | Reply

I'm with Laura on the taste. The flavor of fake sugar is nasty. None of them appeal to me at all. Truthfully why should they? There are plenty of naturally sweet things available to enjoy.

What makes me want to really gag is watching someone seriously obese washing down two Snicker bars with a diet whatever. It may seem mean for me to admit that... but as far as I'm concerned when I see that... I am watching someone commit suicide in front of me. Committing a long arduous, torturous, self murder in front of me. THAT is a whole lot meaner.

Suicide is the big screw you to the world.. and really a rude thing to do in public especially for those of us working through life's path and not taking that option. Not only are these people offing themselves they are leaving a giant pile of greasy road kill to clean up when they're gone.

Seems odd that killing yourself in that manner...or... if you are a feeder... murdering someone like that... is a bad thing to watch... but talking about it makes a person seem mean and insensitive. Even the discussion has to be "sugar coated".

We who live in a wealthy countries walk past it every day much the same way people in impoverished countries walk by starving beggars.

#10 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-01-04 09:23 AM | Reply

I have no problem with people having a diet drink while scarfing down cottage cheese, mega burgers, and fat fries.

We need to show our support, not disdain, of people with existing conditions.

#11 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-01-04 10:39 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I drink diet green tea, not because I have a weight problem, but because the green tea with sugar added is way too sweet. And even then the green teat is mostly for flavor. I mix it with two thirds water.

#12 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-01-04 10:57 AM | Reply

"I drink diet green tea, not because I have a weight problem, but because the green tea with sugar added is way too sweet."

To me sugar makes everything too sweet. I drink all my coffee and tea without sugar but a slice of lemon in tea is great when it is available. The rest of the time, I always have a bottle of water within reaching distance.

#13 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-04 11:19 AM | Reply

We need to show our support, not disdain, of people with existing conditions.

#11 | POSTED BY PETROUS AT 2020-01-04 10:39 AM | FLAG: SIGH

Yeah... I suppose I should look at them the Yankee version of a Digambar... you know... living out their dharma. Perhaps I should feed them some more to support them living out their karma.

Shot of that... I agree Dani most things are too sweet I water down all my juices and soft drinks. Tea I drink straight.

#14 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-01-04 12:09 PM | Reply

I can't believe this went to a federal court. Frivolous lawsuits are killing this country.

#15 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2020-01-04 12:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#15 | POSTED BY MUSTANG AT 2020-01-04 12:20 PM | REPLY |

Like Trump contesting every subpoena and forcing every contractor to go to court to get paid?

#16 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2020-01-04 08:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Most non diet sodas use corn syrup.

Then there's those Mexican Cokes that use actual pure cane sugar. I don't like Coke but I love Mexican Cokes made with pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup.

#17 | Posted by Idependant97 at 2020-01-05 01:26 AM | Reply

Dont let the GOnP know you drink tea.
They'll kick you out.

#9 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON

Not if it's proper southern sweet tea. It should be sweet enough that you can taste the diabeetus in every sip. That's what they serve at GOP mixers around here.

#18 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2020-01-05 07:57 AM | Reply