Friday, January 10, 2020

A bill has been introduced in the state Senate that would make it illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to use or possess a cellphone. The bill, S.212, would make such possession or use a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of a year behind bars and a $1,000 fine.

Comments

Democrats lay awake at night thinking of things to ban or regulate.

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-10 10:55 AM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

CA is now going to ban all gas lawnmowers, trimmers

California could ban gas-powered lawn tools
www.cbs8.com

Of course there is a "rebate" program for the poor and landscapers, so you can bring in your old lawn tools and get new electric one! Paid of course by the taxpayers bottomless pit of cash!

#2 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-10 11:22 AM | Reply

"Democrats lay awake at night thinking of things to ban or regulate."

Parents should be doing it, kids spend entirely too much time looking at their devices. I bought my grandson a BMX bike for Christmas, he loves it! He spends so many hours now riding that his phone feels like a forgotten best friend. I don't think a law is necessary though, my grandkids were given cell phones at a fairly young age because they walked to and from school and their parents wanted to stay in close contact with them. That's what phones are for but when they sit for hours staring at those screens parents need to step in and make them put down the phone.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-10 11:24 AM | Reply

"Paid of course by the taxpayers bottomless pit of cash!"

Cry me a river. Republicans passed over 2 trillion in tax cuts for the 1%, I don't ever want to hear another Republican whining about spending. Makes me nauseous.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-10 11:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The guy who wrote this bill is also pro-gun and says things very close to what I hear from Boaz, AndreaKaren, and Nullifrigian in regards to limits on bump stocks and ammo capacities. One of those libertarian wannabes with fascist leanings, I suppose.

"The hippies thought I was a redneck and the rednecks thought I was hippie, but I got along with all of them, and it's been sort of the same in the Statehouse. Some of Democrats think I'm a Republican and some of Republicans think I'm a Democrat, and I get along with all of them" -John Rodgers

#5 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2020-01-10 11:43 AM | Reply

"One of those libertarian wannabes with fascist leanings, I suppose."

A libertarian with fascist leanings.

Is he friends with the Jewish Nazi?

Maybe the African American Klan member?

#6 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-01-10 02:30 PM | Reply

States rights! Except when the exercise thereof offends my geriatric sensibilities!

-Dullifidian

#7 | Posted by JOE at 2020-01-10 02:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

OK Karen

#8 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2020-01-10 02:39 PM | Reply

CA is now going to ban all gas lawnmowers, trimmers

This was already tried. It was immediately revoked when gardeners stopped showing up to work in protest.

Don't worry Mattress. Your illegal immigrant servants will still be able to mow your lawn for you.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-10 02:53 PM | Reply

The pud that proposed this legislation knows it's not going anywhere and said he'd even vote against it himself.
We all just watched this guy's-----------. Some of you may have even participated.
JamesGIddiott ate the cookie.

#10 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-01-10 03:18 PM | Reply

He was only doing it to pwn conservatives.

Look at all you stupid idiots falling for it.

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-10 03:19 PM | Reply

How were the holidays mudda fugga?
I, for one, am damn glad they're over.

#12 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-01-10 03:24 PM | Reply

Expensive and fattening. So. A complete success.

Happy New Years, Chair.

#13 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-10 03:25 PM | Reply

I, for one, am damn glad they're over.

The Holidays are the best argument for urging your extended family to stay in a tortured marriage and not divorcing / remarrying etc.
I'm so effing burned out and it's like "Let's Do Christmas #4 With Part B Of Their Clan!"

#14 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2020-01-10 03:45 PM | Reply

I think Boazo needs his guns and cell phone "grabbed".
Lily white (R)tarded racist rednecks don't need either.

#15 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-01-10 07:27 PM | Reply