Saturday, January 11, 2020

If you use Mozilla Firefox's web browser, you'll want to drop what you are doing right now and update it. That urging doesn't just come from Mozilla -- it comes from the United States Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Mozilla Patches Critical Vulnerability: Mozilla has released security updates to address a vulnerability in Firefox, Firefox ESR, and Thunderbird. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system. This vulnerability was detected in exploits in the wild.

The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) encourages users and administrators to review the Mozilla Security Advisories for Firefox 72.0.1 and Firefox ESR 68.4.1 and Thunderbird 68.4.1 and apply the necessary updates.

Comments

it comes from the United States Department of Homeland Security

Most likely trying to GIVE me a virus than help me avoid one.....

As Ronald Reagan (best Pres of all time) once said, "The most frightening words in the english language are 'I am from the government and I am here to help'"

Frak You, Govt.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-12 01:20 AM | Reply

youtu.be

Allah bless him.

My system auto-updated to Firefox 72.0.1 anyway.... I am not totally slaphappy. LOL

Use LINUX!

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-12 01:30 AM | Reply

I use Netscape Navigator and have for years. Zero problems.

#3 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-01-12 01:40 AM | Reply | Funny: 4

I use Netscape Navigator and have for years. Zero problems.

#3 | POSTED BY REDIAL

Security through obsecurity?

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-12 08:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

My system (macOS 10.15.2) updated to Firefox 72.0.1 this past Wednesday.

OCU

#5 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-01-12 10:35 AM | Reply

Turn on auto-update and restart Firefox.

#6 | Posted by john47 at 2020-01-12 03:04 PM | Reply

I'm still waiting for the update that can really Block Pop-up Windows.

#7 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-01-12 03:37 PM | Reply

My wife has an elderly laptop {Lenovo, i5, 4GB RAM) she uses to surf the Internet Webs, running WINVISTA. She converted it to Linux years ago, and it still works.

#8 | Posted by john47 at 2020-01-13 06:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1