Sunday, January 12, 2020

Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith dialed up a perfect play to trick the Baltimore Ravens and score a touchdown. The play resulted in a touchdown pass from running back Derrick Henry to receiver Corey Davis.

Comments

Wow! What a win!! So glad to see #Sad Lamar on the bench.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-11 11:30 PM | Reply

Woo hoo!

New England? bye bye
Baltimore? bye bye

Lots of unhappy gamblers right now.

#2 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-11 11:36 PM | Reply

Titans WON??? Sorry Mrs Jackson it's for real.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-11 11:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Who is favored to win Ravens vs Titans?

Baltimore is going off as a 9.5-point favorite in the Titans vs. Ravens odds, while the over-under is 47.5.

Bookies are going to need to hire extra 'collection experts' to ensure all the losers pay.

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-11 11:46 PM | Reply

Good for the Titans! And anyone but the Patriots (and Yankees)

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-12 01:03 AM | Reply

Derrick Henry is going to get PAID this offseason.
Chiefs-Texans will be interesting to watch today - Titans would probably fare better against the Texans, but both teams have weaker running defenses than the Ravens did.. and Henry went Beastmode^tm last night.

#6 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-12 09:03 AM | Reply

I wasn't really a Titans fan but I keep up with ex-bama players.

At the beginning of this year, Henry was talking about how he had had a philosophical awakening. He realized that the big money was there for him, but he had to earn it.

He set about to up his game, his body and his mind. It seems to be working.

They are saying that the titans next opponent (chiefs or Texans) have worse rush defences than their last 2 opponents.

#7 | Posted by kudzu at 2020-01-12 01:56 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY KUDZU

The stats say that is true! Usually I sleep on the AFC, but this year I'm excited to see Henry bring back old school running football. There was a stat that demonstrated that in all the postseasons where the RB got 150 (or 180+?) and the QB also had less than 100 yds passing, that team went on to win the Super Bowl (both games were in the 70s & 80s.

#8 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-12 02:50 PM | Reply

Henry is so big, his knees and elbows are dangerous weapons during an attempted tackle. It's like watching Indians try to tackle a buffalo stampede.

#9 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-12 03:06 PM | Reply

I don't see how anyone picked Ravens +10 against the team that just beat New England, but maybe that's just me.
I also don't see how anyone picked the over against both of these defenses.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-12 03:11 PM | Reply

I also don't see how anyone picked the over against both of these defenses.

#10 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Texans vs Chiefs? O/U is 51, I feel like that may be an over

#11 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-12 03:17 PM | Reply

O/U line paid out before halftime!

#12 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-12 05:00 PM | Reply

Chiefs roar back from 21 pt Texas 1st qtr.

Mahomes in control. Go Chiefs!

#13 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-12 05:41 PM | Reply

As a former Miami resident, I'm happy for Tannehill. Go Titans.

#14 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2020-01-12 05:44 PM | Reply

Packers vs Seahawks has been very smart, very defensive football through the first quarter

#15 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-12 07:21 PM | Reply

Gotta say I was surprised how easily the Titans won. Their defense was able to get to Jackson way too many times for him to be effective.

#16 | Posted by cbob at 2020-01-12 07:49 PM | Reply

Titans exposed hocus pocus Jackson.

#17 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-12 07:51 PM | Reply

I don't believe that. Where was the O-line?

#18 | Posted by cbob at 2020-01-12 08:04 PM | Reply

Awesome video short on Twitter - twitter.com

And awesome quote from Beast Mode: "Take care of y'all bread, so when y'all done, you go ahead and take care of yourself." - twitter.com

LOL. public speaking is NOT in his future.

#19 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-13 12:21 AM | Reply

Lamar Jackson looked more like Tito on Saturday.

#20 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-01-13 07:58 AM | Reply

This why I can never get on board with a QB who is also a RB. Look at Russel Wilson. Used to work, but now he's getting old, so when he transitions from QB Mode to RB Mode, which he does ad nauseum, he can't elude defensive players much younger/faster than him--so he gets sacked and sacked and sacked. Yeah he made some exciting running plays to add to an illusion that the QB/RB model is not a failed concept. I'm guessing RGIII may even agree! Stay in the pocket Russel.

#21 | Posted by babyhuey at 2020-01-13 10:15 AM | Reply

If the greatest franchise in the history of all sports..... The Patriots.... Can't be in it, I was going to be as happy as I can be watching the Ravens and Chiefs get bounced. Sadly the Texans Texansed that game so badly. Had them on the ropes, and instead of landing the knockout blow, they basically got a towel, smelling salts, and a bandage kit and patched them up. I hope Vrabel can pull it out against the Chiefs. I love that guy'he was a great Patriot and one of the best line backers to ever play.

#22 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-13 01:40 PM | Reply

I was actually up 30.5 to zero at one point (getting 9.5 with the Texans, 21-0 score).

I ended up losing........big LOL

#23 | Posted by brass30 at 2020-01-13 10:08 PM | Reply

Clemson better pull their ------- heads outta their collective asses or they won't have asses to sit with. Damnit they are disappointing me.

#24 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-13 10:20 PM | Reply

Jim Brown looked wobbly. I can't believe they stuck him up on a 3 ft high podium with nothing but a barstool to lean on.

#25 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-13 10:33 PM | Reply

Don't know why anyone outside the south gives a damn about the Southern Regional Championship game. Football season ended on New Years day.

#26 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-13 10:38 PM | Reply

As a diehard Ravens fan, I have been putting off posting on this thread, but I might as well.

The bad news is that this is a crushing loss and made me feel like ---- for the past four days.

The good news is Lamar is so young and so talented. He needs these types of losses in order to keep things in perspective and not rest on his laurels or get too cocky.

I'm looking forward to being Super bowl contenders for the next decade. It feels good...

#27 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2020-01-14 09:46 AM | Reply