Sunday, January 12, 2020

Addiction medicine specialist and board-certified physician Dr. Drew Pinsky said he feels morally obliged to run for Congress because Schiff is abdicating his responsibility as the representative of his Congressional district. Pinsky criticized the city of Los Angeles for letting the homeless epidemic continue to grow, argues that housing is not a solution and warns of the health crisis posed by people on the street.

"People have come to me for various kinds of political engagements and I was watching the impeachment hearings and I was like wait a minute. I think I live in Adam Schiff's district. I didn't even know he was my congressman," Pinsky said. "I've lived there for 20 years and we're dying out here. I am sick of the political theater and I want someone to govern. We need help. I need the IMD exclusion lifted so we can treat the mentally chronically ill. We need infrastructure. We are dying in Southern California and these guys are engaged in political theater."

Comments

"We are dying in Southern California"

How rich is this guy?

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-12 05:31 PM | Reply

"argues that housing is not a solution"

To homelessness? Seems like it has to figure in somewhere.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-12 05:32 PM | Reply

Dr. Drew is very well liked here in LA, and I know a lot of people in Schiff's district that have similarly become very disillusioned over his focus on Trump as opposed to his constituency. Dr. Drew is very well liked here in LA having grown up in Pasadena and attended medical school at SC.

I don't know if Schiff thinks this is a threat to him, but he should take it very seriously.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-12 05:35 PM | Reply

How rich is this guy?

#1 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2020-01-12 05:31 PM

Now do Bloomberg, Steyr, Soros and Bezos!

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-12 05:36 PM | Reply

Steyr => Steyer

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-12 05:40 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 202

As far as I can tell, Schiff values doing the right and necessary things over being re-elected.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-12 05:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

--How rich is this guy?

Probably not as rich as the progressive plutocrats that populate Martha's Vineyard, the Democrat donor base.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-12 05:48 PM | Reply

"argues that housing is not a solution"

So if you're homeless, and then you get housing, are you still homeless?

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-12 05:48 PM | Reply

Snoofy -- I saw a post of yours a couple of weeks ago where you spoke of growing your beard out. I've some tips, but was on my phone and didn't want to type them out on that tiny keyboard with my fat fingers.

I'm back home and on my PC now. Give me a few minutes and I'll have a post for you on the nooner.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-12 06:01 PM | Reply

Thats all we need a head shrinker in congress.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-12 06:52 PM | Reply

Goatman before the mustache part is long enough to go over and around the side, what's your suggesting for keeping it out of your mouth. Wax?

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-12 06:57 PM | Reply

#10 you have a problem with mental health now?

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-12 06:57 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Trendy Snoofy, specially for a SoCal phool ;)

#13 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-12 09:25 PM | Reply

I keep my mustache trimmed. The awkward part were the sideburns until they had enough mass to lie down under their own weight. Until then, they poof out making my face look round. It took about a year t get past that part.

#14 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-12 09:43 PM | Reply

#13 you have a problem with mental health now?

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-12 09:52 PM | Reply

Hahah. This is funny. Guy, until a few months ago, didn't even know who his Congressional representative has been for the past 20 years. Now he's going to take Congress by storm and solve all California's problems. Sounds like someone got bored. Just perhaps, Dr Pinkie, if you'd been engaged and used your wealth and influence to engage in politics at any point in the last 20 years you could have made a difference.

#16 | Posted by gavaster at 2020-01-12 11:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"This is funny. Guy, until a few months ago, didn't even know who his Congressional representative has been for the past 20 years. Now he's going to take Congress by storm
#16 | POSTED BY GAVASTER"

And yet infinitely more qualified than that bartender AOC....

#17 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2020-01-13 05:27 AM | Reply

And yet infinitely more qualified than that bartender AOC....

#17 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2020-01-13 05

Working people are a problem for some.

#18 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-13 08:17 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Working people are a problem for some.
#18 | POSTED BY ZED "

#19 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2020-01-13 11:44 AM | Reply

"Our government is incompetent even with competent people. With incompetent people, forget about it."

As compared to which other government? Russia? China?

"And yet infinitely more qualified than that bartender AOC...."

OMG! She wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth like Bush or Trump, how can she know what is right for America?

#20 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-13 12:24 PM | Reply

Most shrinks are pretty f***ed in the head.
Had a couple of distant family members that were shrinks and there were both nuttier than squirrel turds. This Dr Drew fella looks like he fits the mold.

#21 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-01-13 02:19 PM | Reply

"I think I live in Adam Schiff's district. I didn't even know he was my congressman."

Yeah, this is exactly the type of guy we want running for congress. But since it's LA I suppose he has a shot.

#22 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-01-14 10:16 AM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Rich enough that I'd sneer at him if he was t doing something I agree with.

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-15 03:24 PM | Reply