Sunday, January 12, 2020

Before Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden, got his strange but lucrative deal to sit on the board of energy company Burisma Holdings in Ukraine to the tune of $50,000 a month, there was Chelsea Clinton, the only child of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. She was similarly rewarded with jobs and board positions that had absolutely no relationship with that young woman's interests, life, education or any perceived expertise.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

In 2017, Chelsea Clinton was also named to travel site Expedia's Board of Directors. Because she's a ... business genius? A travel genius? An investment prodigy? The Hill reported that position "typically earned $250,000 in 2015. ... Both IAC and Expedia are controlled by Barry Diller, the business and television mogul, who is a friend of Hillary Clinton."

In 2011, the same year she joined the IAC board, Chelsea signed with NBC News as a "special correspondent." Politico reported she was rewarded with $600,000 a year to do what ended up being occasional fluffy feature stories. The New York Post noted, "one was a creepy voiceover interview with the Geico gecko. Chelsea is such a special correspondent, she's done just 14 stories in two years and seven months for a total of 58 minutes of airtime. ... "

Comments

Thats a mighty fine question ....

I suppose its why Hunter Biden pulled in $83K a month.

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-12 09:23 PM | Reply

If her last name was Smith, she would be a waitress in a Little Rock diner.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-12 09:32 PM | Reply

Why is anyone rich?

Communism 2020!!

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-12 09:39 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Exactly everyone should be poor ... poor as Clownshack ...

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-12 09:48 PM | Reply

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm like Who cares??

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-12 09:49 PM | Reply

This is a safe space for right-wingers to be jealous in.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-12 10:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This is Boaz's petulant way of deflecting attention away from a Republicans criminality. Nothing more.

#7 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-12 10:49 PM | Reply

Geico's gecko is rich, too. What does a gecko know about insurance? He must know somebody who knows somebody.

This needs to be investigated immediately. ~ LOL

But I can't be a hypocrite. I understand BOAZ's point. I said the same thing when Jeb Bush lent his name to the Board of Del Monte. I said, "What the hell does Jeb Bush know about peaches?"

Here's a lesson in business for Boaz. People with famous names (and credibility to match) appointed to Boards don't get paid for what they know. They get paid for who they know and who knows them. The salaries they're paid are a business investment designed specifically to increase the profits of the company and thereby the stockholders.

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-01-13 01:10 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Exactly everyone should be poor ... poor as Clownshack ...
#4 | POSTED BY A, MATTRESS

When everyone is poor. No one is poor.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-13 02:02 AM | Reply

Chelsea is rich for the same reason Trump is rich.
Their daddies gave them their money.

#10 | Posted by bored at 2020-01-13 03:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

CLOWN

"When everyone is poor. No one is poor."

That's kinda true. I remember my mother telling me stories about what it was like during World War II with rationing coupons for food . . . and paper and tin can drives for the war effort and buying War Bonds when they could.

Everybody was poor but nobody seemed to know it. I think it was because the community was rich in other ways that don't exist in today's me-me-me society.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-01-13 03:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

It's comical to read posts from people feigning outrage over people who they have been told they shouldn't like raking in that sweet rich people UBI.

They were born with a silver spoon in their *** just like all of those other hard working, salt of the earth, champions of the working call folks who you worship and their boots need licked too.

Get busy.

#12 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-13 05:58 AM | Reply

Boaz must be jealous.

#13 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-01-13 07:25 AM | Reply

From the article: "In 2017, Chelsea Clinton was also named to travel site Expedia's Board of Directors. Because she's a ... business genius? A travel genius? An investment prodigy?"

In 2003, Clinton completed an MPhil degree in international relations at Oxford.[33] Her 132-page thesis was titled The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria: A Response to Global Threats, a Part of a Global Future, supervised by Jennifer Welsh and Ngaire Woods.[34] Following her graduation, she returned to the United States.[24]

In 2011, Clinton transferred back to University College, Oxford, from the Wagner School of Public Service at New York University to complete her DPhil degree in International Relations.[35] She stated this was to be under her preferred doctoral advisor, Ngaire Woods.[36] She finished her dissertation in New York City[37] and was awarded the degree in May 2014.[38] Her dissertation was titled The Global Fund: An Experiment in Global Governance.[39][40]
Columbia University

In the spring of 2010, Clinton also completed an MPH degree at the Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University[41][42] and she began teaching graduate classes there in 2012.[43]
New York University

Starting in 2010, Clinton began serving as Assistant Vice-Provost for the Global Network University of New York University, working on international recruitment strategies.[37] She is the co-founder of the Of Many Institute for Multifaith Leadership at NYU and serves as its co-chair.[44] By 2010, she was also pursuing PhD coursework at NYU's Wagner School of Public Service, but later transferred back to Oxford in 2011 to complete her dissertation.[36][45]

In 2012, Clinton received an award from the Temple of Understanding for her "work in advancing a new model of integrating interfaith and cross-cultural education into campus life", together with Imam Khalid Latif and Rabbi Yehuda Sarna.[46]

Yep, Boaz is jealous.

#14 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-01-13 07:36 AM | Reply

Yep, Boaz is jealous.

#14 | Posted by Angrydad

Of what, you?

#15 | Posted by Sniper at 2020-01-13 11:09 AM | Reply

I suppose Chelsea is a target because Trumpites want to strike back over critiques of Trump's various useless, entitled brats.

Wake me up when she gets her first patent from China.

#16 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-13 11:39 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Why is Chelsea rich? Fir the same reason Donald Trump is rich, she was born into money.

Tell you what, let's tax them both at the rates they can afford.

#17 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-13 11:40 AM | Reply

Definitely a business development relation there.

#18 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-13 11:40 AM | Reply

"Politico reported she was rewarded with $600,000 a year to do what ended up being occasional fluffy feature stories."

The fact that it's Chelsea draws in viewers. Probably more from the group of people who don't like her parents than those that are supporters. There's nothing more complicated about it.

#19 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-01-13 11:42 AM | Reply

Chelsea - what a mule.

#6 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

You're suddenly not bothered by the fact that since 1972 almost all household gains have gone to the top 20%.

...like Chelsea Clinton. the mule.

#20 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-13 12:20 PM | Reply

Chelsea - what a mule.

#6 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

I think she's cute.

#21 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-13 12:35 PM | Reply

Why is the racist orange turd's favorite ------- rich?

#22 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2020-01-13 01:05 PM | Reply

Chelsea is rich for the same reason Trump is rich.
Their daddies gave them their money.

#10 | POSTED BY BORED AT 2020-01-13 03:17 AM | FLAG:

I believe she's also a consultant, which can be a very lucrative career.

#23 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-01-13 01:07 PM | Reply

Her name brings fame too. As proved by this article.

#24 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-01-13 01:08 PM | Reply

GONOLES

"And then again when the former Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush, lent his name to a company that claimed to be building cheap pre-fab homes for places like Puerto Rico and Haiti. I said, "What the hell does Jeb Bush know about building pre-fab homes?"

Definitely a business development relation there.

It didn't go too far. They were using JEB's name to troll for "investors" but it was a scam. JEB didn't do his homework.

#25 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-01-13 02:49 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

And you suddenly are.

Her boots need licking.

On your knees, son.

#26 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-13 05:03 PM | Reply

Chelsea is rich for the same reason Trump is rich.
Their daddies gave them their money.

#10 | POSTED BY BORED AT 2020-01-13 03:17 AM | FLAG: | FUNNY: 2 | NEWSWORTH

Truth...

I wonder why Makris is rich.

#27 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-13 06:44 PM | Reply

I wonder why Karen is rich.

#27 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

She's not.

No one who can post here for 14 hours a day 7 days a week has a pot to piss in.

#28 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-13 06:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I can honestly say I'm glad one of my parents or relatives didnt die and leave me a fortune as a young man. I started my career as a pipefitters apprentice 31 years ago and I appreciate every lesson hard work taught me.

#29 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-13 06:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#29 -- I agree. And in your case, you chose a very lucrative profession. Next to the rig builders themselves, the pipefitters are they best paid profession on the oil rigs.

#30 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-13 06:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"No one who can post here for 14 hours a day 7 days a week has a pot to piss in.

#28 | POSTED BY MRSILENCEDOGOOD "

When I worked offshore, I made a healthy 6 figures and could post every moment I was at work until something electronic broke down and I had to fix it. That, and PMs took about 10% of my 'on the clock' time. For the record, I have three pots to piss in.

Doesn't it suck always being wrong?

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-13 06:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#30 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2020-01-13 06:50 PM | FLAG: | FUNNY: 1

Many of our most respected leaders started with a humble origin. I left the craft many years ago and went to work in quality assurance. But not without the influence it had on me. I may havent used my training but I surely used my experience

#32 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-13 07:43 PM | Reply

"pipefitters apprentice
#29 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS"

That is the new term you are using for a bottom in a San Fran bathhouse?

#33 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2020-01-14 12:48 AM | Reply

That is the new term you are using for a bottom in a San Fran bathhouse?

#33 | POSTED BY IRAGOLDBERG AT 2020-01-14 12:48 AM | FLAG:

I've never been to San Francisco. You sound experienced.

#34 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-14 04:43 AM | Reply

Poor Bozo, your CDS is covered under ACA.

#35 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-01-15 06:53 AM | Reply