Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The actor Vince Vaughn shook Donald Trump's hand in a private box at a football game on Monday night, a gesture which took seconds. But it caused uproar on social media, leading to condemnation of Vaughn from the left " and plaudits from the right.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

This is the most ridiculous bit of outrage. Adults are supposed to be civil and respectful. The guy is on the same room as POTUS and people are crazed because he shook his hand and said hello,? Unreal.

Comments

So you think Trump isn't a civil as respectful guy? That's fine, but don't let others behavior define yours. Take the high road, be the better man. That's all Vaughn did, and Twitter went apoplectic. Vaughn may be a second rate actor, but he certainly doesn't deserve this.

#1 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-14 10:00 AM | Reply

The insane Left is a non-stop rage machine that will scream about anything.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-14 10:13 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

That's all Vaughn did,

While true, I also think Vince leans right. So double scoop for him.

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-14 10:31 AM | Reply

"The insane Left is a non-stop rage machine that will scream about anything."

AOC.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-14 10:44 AM | Reply

Not only a second rate actor, but a second rate (R)tard.

#5 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-01-14 12:21 PM | Reply

Why do liberals get so pissy when one of the people they should "own" (entertainer, black person, etc.) exercises his right to their political opinion?

Get over it, guys.

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-14 12:44 PM | Reply

#7 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-14 12:46 PM | Reply

Get over it, guys.

#6 | POSTED BY GOATMAN AT 2020-01-14 12:44 PM | FLAG: They cannot as it is a libbie/proggie personality flaw.

#8 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-01-14 12:46 PM | Reply

"Remember the Ellen DeGeneres thing? Why do liberals get so upset with civility towards another person?"

I surrond myself with liberals, didn't hear a single one every bring up Ellen much less Vince. I'm sure there are a few who do such but not the vast majority of liberals/progressives.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-14 01:17 PM | Reply

Vince Vaughn has been trending on Twitter all morning and it's mainly conservatives claiming liberals are outraged. Manufactured.

Fox & Friends had a segment on it this morning(breaking news for Fox News) and posted a tweet from an "outraged liberal". Turned out to be a conservative pretending to be an outraged liberal.

#10 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2020-01-14 01:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I'm sure there are a few who do such but not the vast majority of liberals/progressives.

#9 | POSTED BY DANNI "

I suspect you are right about that, Danni. Broadbrushing that affair isn't right

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-14 01:47 PM | Reply

I just know that personally, I have always loved Ellen, Vince is ok sometimes funny. Couldn't care less who they converse with. Hell, I've been watching "Ray Donovan" on Showtime lately, great show. John Voight is a big conservative but he is also a great actor, I don't care about his politics.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-14 02:23 PM | Reply

There are 13 posts here counting the original.

8 or 9 are knuckle draggers saying:

#13 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-15 05:52 AM | Reply

What another man does is none of my business. I'm a liberal but it's none of anyone's business with whom I press skin with. Wow, that sentence structure is horrible...

#14 | Posted by Goose_Boils at 2020-01-15 08:13 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#13 which is pretty much what happened. How could anyone liberal or conservative, freak out over a person shaking hands with the President of the United States? It's crazy that so many people went all triggered over this. I feel bad for Vaughn. He shouldn't have to try and formulate a response to civilly greeting the President who was seated 3 seats away.

#15 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-15 08:59 AM | Reply

"There are 13 posts here counting the original.
8 or 9 are knuckle draggers saying:
LIEK OMMFG imshhttinginMUHpants BEcuZz Teh libs IS ssSO00 TRIGGURT onez!!!11!!!!one!!lol!!1!"

you don't have defense otherwise it would be different.

Oh, and BTW, that accurately describes 10-15 threads on this place at any given time where some brainless douchebag like -------- or the drunken injun post something and it winds up being just like you described only in reverse.

I know it's hard to understand, but some people on both sides are willing to show respect for the office regardless of who occupies it.

#16 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-15 09:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Ahh my sides XD

#17 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-15 09:17 AM | Reply

you don't have defense otherwise it would be different.

#16 | POSTED BY EBERLY

A defense of what, specifically?

All of the ---- I talked to and/or about someone I forgot existed?

#18 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-15 09:17 AM | Reply

-A defense of what, specifically?

A defense for the social media outrage expressed over Vaughn appearing civil with Trump.

#19 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-15 09:22 AM | Reply

Exactly. Meeting any president would be a real cool moment, regardless of party affiliation of any side.

Anyone who commits any sort of negative attention span to Ellen/GWB, Vaugh/Trump, etc, should find a hobby

#20 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-15 09:22 AM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY EBERLY

You're asking me to defend something that I wouldn't even know existed if it wasn't for the DR outrage industrial complex?

Um,, no..

#21 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-15 09:42 AM | Reply

"You're asking me to defend something...."

no. can you read? where did I ask you to do anything?

Like I said, if you could defend it, you would. You can't so you won't. That's it. If that's too damn hard for you to comprehend then I can't help you.

move along....

#22 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-15 09:50 AM | Reply

Like I said, if you could defend it, you would. You can't so you won't.

#22 | POSTED BY EBERLY AT

I have to assume you have some evidence that supports your claim that I troll Twitter and make excuses for the comments that random people make.

Cite it.

#23 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-15 10:01 AM | Reply

don't talk to me, you ignorant bastard.

I realize I originally commented on your post...so that's on me.

but don't talk to me, you ignorant bastard.

You started with accusing me of asking you to defend something, which I haven't, and now you've moved on to accusing me of claiming you troll twitter and make excuses.

You're emotionally and intellectually incapable of talking with me....so stop.

#24 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-15 11:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You posted, multiple times, that I would be behaving like rabid dog over this, kind of like you are, if only I could.

I asked you to provide some sort of insight into your many posts on the matter and this far you haven't.

I wonder why..

#25 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-15 11:36 AM | Reply

*thus

#26 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-01-15 11:36 AM | Reply

"cancel culture" and the rest of the leftist outrage mob is the pinnacle of the feminine mindset: make the target an example, a pariah, an untouchable, someone who's pathological and therefore contagious.
all because the target's argument made someone feel a negative feel.

#27 | Posted by berserkone at 2020-01-15 11:20 PM | Reply

Interesting.
The feminine mindset is Literally Hitler.

#28 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-15 11:30 PM | Reply

Remember the whole Taking Dylan Roof Through The Drive Thru thing?
Some people got upset by that display of civility too.

#29 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-15 11:32 PM | Reply

"Why do liberals get so upset with civility towards another person?"

Liberals get upset when we take refugee kids from their parents too.
Why do liberals get so upset with incivility towards another person?

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-15 11:35 PM | Reply

"#29 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Weak troll.

#31 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 11:36 PM | Reply

Interesting.
The feminine mindset is Literally Hitler.

Sounds like Trump's MO as well. But don't tell him. Being the "pinnacle of the feminine mindset" will likely cause him "a negative feel" and set him off.

#32 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-01-15 11:36 PM | Reply

"Liberals get upset when we take refugee kids from their parents too.

#30 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

You really need to up your game, snoofy

#33 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 11:37 PM | Reply

#34 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-15 11:39 PM | Reply

"Remember the treating illegal aliens like human beings thing? Why do Deplorables get so upset with civility towards another person?

#34 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Yes, I remember Obama trafficking the kids he kept in cages. But I wouldn't exactly call that being treated like a human being. Is this a test of my memory? My knowledge of English? Or just a lame troll?

#35 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 11:47 PM | Reply

Back to "The Great Escape" for me, snoofy. I'll check back for your latest trolls.

#36 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 11:48 PM | Reply

#29 they didn't take Dylan Roof through the drive through. They brought him food. Number one, food is required for anyone in custody. Withholding food, is called torture, and grounds for dismissal of the case. Why Burger King instead of some nasty jail food? Because if you are trying to get a suspect to talk, I incredibly doubt bringing them crap food when they're hungry is a good way to help that process along.

#37 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-16 02:26 PM | Reply

Vince Vaughn is a washed up actor who is delighted he's getting any press at all.

#38 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-16 02:37 PM | Reply

#38 Which doesn't make outrage at something so innocuous any less stupid.

#39 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-16 03:24 PM | Reply

"Yes, I remember Obama trafficking the kids he kept in cages."

Obama trafficked kids?
Interesting angle.
Got a link?
LOL

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-16 03:50 PM | Reply

"Why Burger King instead of some nasty jail food? Because if you are trying to get a suspect to talk, I incredibly doubt bringing them crap food when they're hungry is a good way to help that process along."

I'd like to hear Goatman's take on that.
Would Burger King get you to talk?
LOL

Anyway, why do you support waterboarding, and think that isn't torture, if you think simply providing food is the way to get a suspect to talk?
LOL

#41 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-16 03:55 PM | Reply

# 40 yes I do have a link. And I have posted it several times. I remember specifically one was for your request, snoofy.

I'm not jumping through your hoops. If you really want to see it snopes is your friend. They confirmed it. There are also numerous stories. In this case Google is your friend

#42 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-16 04:02 PM | Reply

"# 40 yes I do have a link. And I have posted it several times."

Then one more time won't hurt you, tough guy.

#43 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-16 04:05 PM | Reply

Also, crap food is in the eye of the suspect, I imagine. Kids love them some fast food. If you want them to talk, accommodating such small requests is better than clamming them up by bringing them things they don't like to eat.

#44 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-16 04:25 PM | Reply

A couple people on Twitter whined about this and now the right wants to pretend there's some war on Vince Vaughn. Even the thinnest veneer is enough to keep their victimhood complex flaring.

#45 | Posted by JOE at 2020-01-16 04:31 PM | Reply

"#41 what possible reason do you have for me supporting water boarding and not thinking it's torture?"

Well, it could be I have you confused with someone else.
But I'm pretty sure it's you who is wrong.
Just go ahead and lie down on that waterboard, and we'll get to the bottom of this.

#46 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-16 04:37 PM | Reply

You certainly do. I have never stated that waterboarding isn't torture. It 100% unequivocally is.

#47 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-16 04:45 PM | Reply

Which doesn't make outrage at something so innocuous any less stupid.

I agree.

This is like the news of Ellen and BushJr.

Who cares.

#48 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-16 05:32 PM | Reply

I strongly doubt the person who posted this did so because they're unhappy with Vince Vaughn.
Pretty sure this is "let's see if this trolls the libs" material.

#49 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-16 05:34 PM | Reply

Why do these alt-right (R)tards always play the victim card???

I'm so old I remember when they at least pretended to be tough guys, instead of the cowardly snowflakes they are now.

#50 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-01-17 03:35 AM | Reply

Victims of what? In this case, Vince Vaughn is an actual victim. Victim of literally thousands of people on Twitter attacking him over a hand shake. A hand shake with the President of the United States. If you don't think it's normal behavior to shake the hand of ANY POTUS that happens to be in the same room as you regardless of your political differences, that says MUCH about you. Adults should be able to put aside political differences and be able to be civil and respectful too anyone, but especially the President, regardless of how your feel they act.

#51 | Posted by ABH at 2020-01-17 06:24 AM | Reply

You can see it right here on this sight. So called liberals are terrible people.

#52 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-01-17 08:16 AM | Reply