Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Barack Obama is now an Academy Award nominee. America's 44th president landed his first-ever Oscar nomination for American Factory, an original documentary distributed by Barack and Michelle Obama's Higher Ground Productions in partnership with Netflix.

Comments

This will give Trump an apoplectic fit.

OCU

#1 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-01-14 01:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

--Barack and Michelle Obama Get Oscar Nomination for Being The Obamas.

Kinda like Obama's peace prize.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-14 01:39 PM | Reply

"Barack Obama has already won two Grammy awards for Best Spoken Word Album, and Michelle Obama was recently nominated in the same category for her memoir, Becoming"and I'll bet a thousand dollars she'll win. In fact, if you look at the nominations and winners in that category, you'll find a lot of Democrat politicians and pundits have a knack for scoring nominations and winning the Grammy in that category, while their conservative counterparts don't even get nominated. Nominees for Best Spoken Word Album include Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Al Franken, and Jesse Jackson.

All of them won at least once."

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-14 01:41 PM | Reply

Further proof that 44 > 45.

#4 | Posted by qcp at 2020-01-14 01:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

This will give Trump an apoplectic fit.

OCU

#1 | Posted by OCUser at 2020

He will go absolutely ----------.

Watch for another assassination.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-14 01:50 PM | Reply

"He will go absolutely ----------."

Very well said.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-14 01:53 PM | Reply

His best acting role ever was "Hope and Change".

He really sold me. Boy, what an act.

#7 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-14 02:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"He really sold me. Boy, what an act."

You must be easily persuaded. The facts were always there for you to see.

#8 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-01-14 02:23 PM | Reply

If you watch American Factory and don't support Yang afterwards, you're either an idiot or evil.

#9 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2020-01-14 02:52 PM | Reply

#3 Have you ever heard Trump or W speak?

W's best work was My pet goat and Trump's verbal diarrhea is sad.

#10 | Posted by bored at 2020-01-14 03:26 PM | Reply

Big deal. The child-raping orange schittstain won multiple Razzies.

mashable.com

#11 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2020-01-14 03:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Kinda like Obama's peace prize.

#2 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2020-01-14 01:39 PM | REPLY | FLAG: jealous

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-15 07:15 AM | Reply

12 - what was the peace he caused, and how did he cause that peace? Wasn't it only given to him three months after he was inaugurated?

#13 | Posted by homerj at 2020-01-15 11:34 AM | Reply

>do favors for globohomo
>be rewarded by globohomo after you're out of office
checks out

#14 | Posted by berserkone at 2020-01-15 11:52 PM | Reply

before anyone spergs out:
Globohomo
(adj) A word used to describe a globalized and homogenized culture pushed for by large companies, politicians, and Neocon/Leftist pawns. This culture includes metropolitan ideals such as diversity, homosexuality, sexual degeneracy, colorblindness in regard to race, egalitarianism, money worship, and the erasure of different individual cultures, among other things. The term is often used by Alt-Right figures, as well as other people associated to the right on the political spectrum, who are aware of the globalization being forced upon multiple countries. Also used to describe Global Capitalism and/or Marxism. The globohomo system is referred to as the Globohomo Gayplex.

#15 | Posted by berserkone at 2020-01-15 11:54 PM | Reply

"Further proof that 44 > 45.
#4 | POSTED BY QCP "

Remember when Obama said "At least I will have been president" and then did the mic drop on late night TV to the whooping applause of the deranged left? How did that work out for him.

#16 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2020-01-16 12:20 AM | Reply

"How did that work out for him."

No indictments for anyone in his cabinet, none for his staff, no jail terms, and no impeachment.

How does that compare to the impeached orange schittstain?

#17 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-01-16 12:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#17 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Just a shambles in Honduras, Libya, and Syria .... but yeah its all good!

#18 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-16 01:29 AM | Reply

"#18 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS"

I am just so relieved Trump could erase 90% of the 8 years of Obama disaster policies in his first year alone. After Trump's second term, Obama's name won't even be remembered and all of his policies will have been reversed. TGFT

#19 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2020-01-16 10:58 AM | Reply

"I am just so relieved Trump could erase 90% of the 8 years of Obama disaster policies in his first year alone."

I'm just glad Obama rescued the nation from the Bush recession and then proceeded to have 75 continuous months of job growth. Without that having been true Trump would have inherited a recession and his administration would have not been able to fix it.
Yes, he did cancel the Iran nuclear deal, which is viewed virtually universally as crass politics placed before national security issues.
Yes, he is still trying to kill Obamacare with no replacement even proposed or designed. Only a moron like Ira could think that is some kind of victory unless you consider it a victory over the American people. Take away their healthcare and let them die, that is the Trump healthcare plan.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-16 11:10 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Just a shambles in Honduras, Libya, and Syria .... but yeah its all good!"

In comparison to the disaster in Iraq all of that is minimal. Y'all will never shed the shame of your willingness to support Bush and his insane Iraq invasion/occupaton. It's like a tattoo you can't hide, it will be there til you die. Vietnam War supporters also wear their shame as tattoos but they had one excuse, they didn't have the advantage of hindsight which the Iraq war supporters did have.

#21 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-16 11:14 AM | Reply

Is it any wonder that Obama is a consummate actor? He spent years doing it. His campaigns were very well acted out as were his 8 years in the White House. He followed a hollow fantasy script quite well. His many empty claims ("You can keep your doctor" e.g.) were quite believable The nomination is well deserved.

#22 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-16 12:15 PM | Reply

To be honest I never really could see a dividing line where Bush 2.0 quit and Obama started. My two biggest complaints about Urange Julius is the spending and the fact that hes a man without stature. Hes like an angry child on Twitter. Its embarrassing to me. If my dad acted like that in public I'd be trying to hide.

#23 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-16 05:15 PM | Reply

"If my dad acted like that in public I'd be trying to hide."

Trump has left you feeling Young At Heart, just like when you were a teen, embarrassed to be seen with your parents in public.
You're like a little Ivanka, to your President Trump's, uh, Trump.
So Much Winning!
#MAGA

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-16 05:37 PM | Reply

My two biggest complaints about Urange Julius is the spending

Why? How much was it discretionary?

Why do you care? I don't .... just don't tax me .....

#25 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-16 06:43 PM | Reply

Why? How much was it discretionary?
Why do you care? I don't .... just don't tax me .....

#25 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS AT 2020-01-16 06:43 PM | FLAG:
You don't get to choose what is ok for me. and I don't ever want to choose what is ok for you. I personally feel that you, along with everyone else should shoulder the tax burden in the same same weight (according to income). we have American lifestyles because we all contribute. I pay my way even though you've accused me of cheating on my taxes... I pay dearly because I don't own rentals as a way to shelter my income anymore. go take a smoke break and loosen up.

#26 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-16 09:26 PM | Reply

""He really sold me. Boy, what an act.""

He inherited an economy ready to totally collapse and he worked hard to get it moving again successfully.
Then he and Elizabeth Warren designed and passed the Consumer Protection Agency to prevent banks from doing the same things they did that brought about the 2007-2008 collapse.
He inherited a nation with no healthcare system available to millions of Americans and he dealt with it in the most politically viable manner possible at the time.
He had a two house, filibuster proof majority for exactly 74 days. I think he accomplished quite a lot in such a short time. After that he ran into the great Republican effort to prevent him from having second term and though it failed the Republicans did succeed in blocking all much needed legislation for the rest of his Presidency. You can blame that on him or you could hold those who were really responsible for it accountable. But that would take a more nuanced view of politics than you are generally willing to try to do. You prefer simplistic tantrums which ignore the relevant facts of the situations he encountered as President.

#27 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-17 08:53 AM | Reply

Just another example as to what a superior man Obama is compared to the orange "S" stain currently fouling up the oval office. But I'm sure if Trump keeps trying hard enough he will eventually award himself the "Presidential Medal of Freedom".

#28 | Posted by Sezu at 2020-01-17 10:11 AM | Reply