Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The singer Meat Loaf is suing a Dallas hotel and a horror convention after a fall from a stage last year that he said left him seriously injured and unable to perform.

Comments

Probably too busy watching paradise by the dashboard lights.

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 12:13 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

The bigger they are the harder they fall

Gary Busey

#2 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-01-15 12:34 AM | Reply

I like mine with peas, mashed potatoes, and apple sauce.

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-15 01:43 AM | Reply

Another Trumper that wants to make money off of being a bloated moron.

#4 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-01-15 06:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

He's suing for negligence, premises liability and person injury damages for him and his wife Deborah Lee Gillespie Aday.

He'll only get the personal injury and negligence...... but two outta three ain't bad.

#5 | Posted by qcp at 2020-01-15 08:53 AM | Reply | Funny: 4

#5 -- Beat me to it. You took the words right out of my mouth,

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 10:56 AM | Reply

He had to sleep on it before he made the decision to sue.

#7 | Posted by anton at 2020-01-15 11:01 AM | Reply

"He had to sleep on it before he made the decision to sue.

#7 | POSTED BY ANTON :

You're right. He didn't exactly pursue this lawsuit like a bat out of hell.

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 11:11 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

He couldn't see the edge of the stage by the dashboard light.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-01-15 11:35 AM | Reply

Fat douche falls down... not the most newsworthy story of the day

#10 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-01-15 11:44 AM | Reply

"Fat douche falls down... not the most newsworthy story of the day

#10 | POSTED BY 503JC69 "

It's a thread to have some fun. Lighten up

#11 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 11:57 AM | Reply

I saw Meatloaf perform at a rock festival about 10-12 years ago. Although he was the headliner that night, he was really a pathetic shell of his former self. Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister was the opening act that night. But Dee put on a way better show.

#12 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-01-15 11:59 AM | Reply

Heard while Meatloaf was falling,

"I know you can save me, no-one else can save me now but you"

Problem was, she wasn't there to do it.

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 12:11 PM | Reply

"#12 | POSTED BY WHATSLEFT "

You're right. I've seen him twice -- once when he was young and once 100 lbs. later. You can't keep up that exuberance on stage carrying a couple of spare tires, not to mention having Parkinson's disease.

Rcade, did you know he went to NTSU? My cousin (a --- grad from your era, not Meatloaf's) told me that.

#14 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 12:22 PM | Reply

Wow. I thought he died like 2 decades ago.

#15 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-15 12:37 PM | Reply

#16 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2020-01-15 01:13 PM | Reply

If a "Meatloaf" falls in an arena, does it make a sound? Just curious, did he suddenly lose his support for tort reform like most righties when something bad happens to them?

#17 | Posted by zelkova at 2020-01-15 01:55 PM | Reply

What's funny is he's a personal responsibility type suing for his own lack of personal responsibility. He seen the stage and it wasn't by the dashboard lights - ALL the lights were on.

That's why these places carry insurance because of sue happy people looking to make a quick buck right? So why not milk the system? amiright? I'm not saying I don't get it - but what a hypocrite. I do have to say it looked like a crappy setup - but it was his choice to go on "stage".

#18 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-01-15 02:50 PM | Reply

#17 | Posted by zelkova

Arena? Looked like a conference room. lol...

#19 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-01-15 02:56 PM | Reply

#16 | Posted by kwrx25

He has become a bitter old douche though. Might be because he isn't performing in arenas anymore and he wasn't smart enough to save money and is performing in conference rooms now...

#20 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-01-15 02:58 PM | Reply

"What's funny is he's a personal responsibility

#18 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE "

Citation needed.

He has always been apolitical in interviews. He's been associated with both Bill Clinton (sang at his pre-inauguration ball) and attended W's inauguration). I've never heard him take stance on anything political or personal responsibility. Please cite your source.

Did you read the story as to how the curtains were arranged and no safety bar or wall? Like you, I didn't see it, but it sounds like the curtain was hung in a manner that made it look like there was a floor beneath it. If you know otherwise, please cite that as well.

#21 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 03:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"did he suddenly lose his support for tort reform...

#17 | POSTED BY ZELKOVA "

I've looked at several sources, but I can't find anything that indicated Meatloaf supported tort reform.

If I'm wrong, please cite your source and I'll stand corrected and offer an apology.

Why do you guys have to be so hateful that you need to make stuff up to disparage a person? I don't get that bitter and hateful mentality you guys have.

#22 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-15 03:21 PM | Reply

Goat, I just assume since he, Mr. Loaf is a righty, he must be for tort reform. It's in all republicans DNA, up until the moment they bust their butt falling down. Then it's, I'm gonna get mine"! And yes I enjoy his songs quite a lot.

#23 | Posted by zelkova at 2020-01-15 05:53 PM | Reply

#22 | Posted by goatman No, Meatloaf is not fat, he lost about 150 after he had a heart attack in the late nineties. He has not preformed sense he had this accident. He has produced 13 albums, some classic.

#24 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-15 09:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

When did Glumpf fall off the stage?

#25 | Posted by berserkone at 2020-01-15 11:39 PM | Reply

"What exactly makes him a douche? He wrote some catchy memorable songs, cut him some slack."

Meatloaf is a singer. He is not a songwriter.

#26 | Posted by prius04 at 2020-01-16 01:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#26 | Posted by prius04 So I guess all those songs wrote by Marvin Lee Aday including hit songs from 4 different decades do not exist? "Bat Out of Hell", "Paradise by the Dashboard Light", "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth", and "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" etc? He has wrote a lot.

#27 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-16 03:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Gravity

It's not just a good idea; it's the Law!

#28 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2020-01-16 04:21 AM | Reply

The artistic apex of Meatloaf's career was his appearance in 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'.

#29 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-01-16 07:44 AM | Reply

#27 | Posted by docnjo

A guy named Jim Steinman wrote the songs you've mentioned. Meatloaf sang them.

#30 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-16 08:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Meatloaf falls off stage

there has to be a joke on this somewhere.

#31 | Posted by rhet at 2020-01-16 11:52 AM | Reply

Saw Meatloaf in a small venue in Toronto a few years back... was an awesome show. One hot guitar player in the band... Paul Crook maybe?

#32 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-01-16 07:11 PM | Reply