Wednesday, January 15, 2020

New details emerged on Tuesday of President Trump's pressure campaign on Ukraine, intensifying demands on Senate Republicans on the eve of a historic impeachment trial to include witness testimony and additional documents in the proceeding. The dozens of pages of notes, text messages and other records lay out work conducted by Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump's personal lawyer, and his associate Lev Parnas on behalf of the president.

Comments

I was reading about this.

It won't matter. His cultists are pot committed at this point and won't budge for anything.

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-15 11:12 AM | Reply

I don't see how Trump can claim executive privilege for documents relating to his personal attorney conducting personal business for him:

Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports

INBOX: House Foreign Affairs Chair Eliot Engel wants the State Department to provide "documents, information, and a briefing from senior officials" on potential threats to Ambassador Yovanovitch's security, as revealed in yesterday's Lev Parnas probe.

twitter.com

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-01-15 11:17 AM | Reply

I thought I could care less, and then I found out that I couldn't.

#3 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-01-15 12:35 PM | Reply

And you disputed that you're a piece of schit?

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-15 12:42 PM | Reply

I thought I could care less, and then I found out that I couldn't.

#3 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-

The worse it gets the less you care.

You'd HAVE to adopt such attitude.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-15 12:47 PM | Reply

More confirmation that Trump is a criminal and a liar... and more confirmation that Trumpers couldn't care less.

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-15 01:20 PM | Reply

which one of those things are you needing more confirmation of?

#7 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-15 01:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

which one of those things are you needing more confirmation of?

#7 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-15 01:25 PM

It's never been a question of a hole being there, but of how deep it goes.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-15 01:54 PM | Reply

There's no question about whether or not Trump is a criminal and a liar and is only using his position as POTUS to enrich himself.

Zero questions about it. I don't even see anyone trying to Trumpsplain what he says anymore because there isn't enough free time in the day to do so.

What it boils down to is, does it bother enough people that they will vote against him in November? I don't know. We'll find out.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-01-15 03:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You're not changing their minds, and impeachment is a total longshot.

The strategy is clear: expose Trump for the buffoon he is to get those middle votes. Obviously still need viable candidates at Pres and VP but piling on Trump can only help. And the piling on is due to his own actions.

#10 | Posted by brass30 at 2020-01-16 11:06 AM | Reply

#10 | Posted by brass30

Eh. I think the former is more important as you'll never go broke gambling on the apathy and ignorance of the American electorate.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-16 03:32 PM | Reply