Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Aaron Rupar: By almost any standard, President Donald Trump's rally on Tuesday evening in Milwaukee was a bizarre affair.

Comments

National Progressive Radio not biased enough for the left? lol

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-15 05:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

At least Vox is giving up all pretense of being objective.

#2 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-15 05:23 PM | Reply

Aaron Rupar@atrupar Jan 15, 2020, 11:00am EST

Wow. This guy is completely out of touch. He's the embodiment of a biased Trump deranged media.

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-01-15 05:28 PM | Reply

"This guy is completely out of touch."

Nah...he's just trolling you. Just yanking your chain.

#4 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-01-15 05:34 PM | Reply

"Parks and Recreation" had several great parody skits of public radio.

parksandrecreation.fandom.com

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-15 05:42 PM | Reply

National Progressive Radio not biased enough for the left? lol

#1 | Posted by nullifidian

The infotainment parts suck balls.

News wise they're one of the best outfits out there.

Sorry your brain has gone too far to mush with your swing to the right but that's the facts.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-15 05:43 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by JeffJ

What's out of touch is arguing that Trump is normal, sane or mentally healthy.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-15 05:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Occasionally I can pick ip an NPR station on long drives through California's central valley. It's about the only english-language station you can find, and they have some interesting content when they get away from politics.

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-15 05:49 PM | Reply

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Trump has more than 100 times repeated his lie about being the one who got Veterans Choice created (Obama signed it into law in 2014, Trump signed a law expanding it), but it's still striking to me how elaborate some of his renditions are. Like, all of this dialogue is fictional.

twitter.com

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-01-15 08:58 PM | Reply

> NPR's Sanitizing of Trump
WEW blompf has definitely broken the back of the media. They're on to back-biting, traitor-blasting mode, and it's beautiful.

#10 | Posted by berserkone at 2020-01-15 11:43 PM | Reply

Better get used to goose-stepping and throwing out Roman salutes, leftists. Glumpf has infiltrated public radio, and they're running cover for him from within!

#11 | Posted by berserkone at 2020-01-15 11:46 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

I notice that none of the righties here actually address the article. So let me help you...

"By almost any standard, President Donald Trump's rally on Tuesday evening in Milwaukee was a bizarre affair. The president went on a lengthy tirade about lightbulbs, toilets, and showers; touted war crimes; joked about a former president being in hell; and said he'd like to see one of his domestic political foes locked up."

Please tell me what about this you disagree with. Did he not "joke about a former president being in hell" or say that he would "like to see one of his domestic political foes locked up"? Or, are you claiming that this is not abnormal (cite examples of similar behavior before conservatives became the party of Trump)?

#12 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-01-16 09:48 AM | Reply

Thank you GEBRITISHSKULL, for a while there I thought I was the only person who actually read the article these Trumpers were commenting on. Glad that, at least, one other person is capable or reading and understanding just how crazy Trump's rally was.

BTW, I didn't watch the rally, which former President did he claim was in hell?

#13 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-16 10:17 AM | Reply

" I didn't watch the rally, "

I try to watch but can only take about five minutes of the rambling nonsense that comes from this mans brain. I cannot stand it any longer than that. I view the excerpts later.

I see the crazy people standing behind him and cheering the insanity and I cringe. You have to be emotionally challenged and totally insane to be able stand there and agree with this crap. But I guess it makes them feel better. The mentally insane need emotional reinforcements, too. I guess.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-01-16 10:31 AM | Reply

Lol... I did not watch it either, and don't intend to. That is why I come on forums like this, to allow people like Jeff who are willing to wade through the verbal diarrhea of their lord and savior to respond to accusations such as this.

Again, it is telling that they refuse to do so.

So, lets pass this one to Jeff. I would assume that at least HE has listened to the full recording of the mad man's rantings, since he is so sure that this article is not accurate, but is instead an "embodiment of a biased Trump deranged media".

Jeff, which dead president did Trump talk about at his rally? What comment did he make that would make someone assume that he was implying that President was in hell? A direct quote from the rally would be nice (quote whatever context you deem appropriate as well).

#15 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-01-16 10:58 AM | Reply

"Please tell me what about this you disagree with. Did he not "joke about a former president being in hell""

Most US presidents are residing in hell. My edumacated guess is that the souls of the following presidents are currently being used as reusable combustibles for Satan's own eternal marshmallow roasting competition:

#16 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2020-01-16 11:00 AM | Reply

The president he said was referring to lbj

#17 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-01-16 11:08 AM | Reply

He thinks LBJ is in hell but not Nixon? That just shows how ignorant he actually is.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-16 11:20 AM | Reply

"National Progressive Radio not biased enough for the left?"

When the two side of a debate on Newshour re Iran are should we hit Iran hard or really hard, yeah, I'd have to say yes. When correspondents for their post debate coverage can barely mention Sanders but keep mentioning Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and Steyer, I'd have to say yes. You might want to update their name to National Petroleum Radio.

#19 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-01-16 11:28 AM | Reply

The following HTML tags are allowed in comments: a href, b, i, p, br, ul, ol, li and blockquote. Others will be stripped out. Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

Anyone can join this site and make comments. To post this comment, you must sign it with your Drudge Retort username. If you can't remember your username or password, use the lost password form to request it.
Username: