Friday, January 17, 2020

Sure, Mary Tyler Moore could turn the world on with her smile -- but her scene-stealing co-star, Betty White, is the one who stole our hearts for the long haul.

Comments

She's 98. This article is from 2019. It is no longer 2019.

#1 | Posted by blackheartsun at 2020-01-17 09:43 AM | Reply

#1 It's a typo from the NY Post. It should read 1/17/2020. But they don't pay me to proofread what they put online.

#2 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-01-17 10:42 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Fun fact: Betty White is six years older than sliced bread.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-01-17 11:43 AM | Reply

if there ever is a zombie apocalypse...

I'll be hanging close to Betty White....

She can survive anything...

#4 | Posted by Pegasus at 2020-01-17 01:58 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

And they used to say that sliced bread is the best thing since Betty White.

Happy 98th Betty, I hope you get a dozen more.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-17 02:09 PM | Reply

I just saw there was a woman in Japan (of course) that turned 117.

Born in 1903!!!

She was 38 when Pearl Harbor went down!

#6 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2020-01-17 02:21 PM | Reply

I'll bet that 101Chairborne would tap dat.

#7 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-01-17 02:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

She's a too thin for my tastes...

I was going to say "her name would be Betty BlacknBlue when I was done with her" but that sounds too much like I beat her up.

#8 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-01-17 02:35 PM | Reply

I liked the Snickers commercials.

#9 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-17 03:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bless your heart Betty. So nice to read something good on this site.

www.youtube.com

#10 | Posted by Uncle_Meat at 2020-01-17 03:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hell of a character. BTW, she is literally older than sliced bread. I liked the candid camera thing she did recently where she and some of her co-hearts pulled jokes on young people.

#11 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-17 08:06 PM | Reply

Betty White is my vote for America's best loved woman.
Shaq is America's best loved man.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-17 08:07 PM | Reply

... Mary Tyler Moore could turn the world on with her smile -- but her scene-stealing co-star, Betty White, is the one who stole our hearts for the long haul. ...

There is so much more to Ms White than the Mary Tyler Moore show, although that show was most excellent in many respects.

See if you can find "Life With Elizabeth" shows on the 'net.

Ms White was an awesome actress who put everything, plus a bit of herself, into every role she played.

Creme de la creme only begins to describe her.

Happy Birthday!

#13 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-01-17 08:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sweet congrats Ms White!

Oldest person I ever met was 105 I hope Ms White beats that.

#14 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2020-01-17 08:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Give Ms. White this: She hung onto her dignity in a business that shreds such stuff with appalling regularity. What a trouper!

#15 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2020-01-18 08:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

DOC

Would you kindly drop me an email so I have your current e-address?

#16 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 10:19 AM | Reply