Friday, January 17, 2020

"Here Comes the Trump Slump" warned yet another anti-Trump column from New York Times columnist Paul Krugman last week. This is the same Paul Krugman who predicted the stock market would "never" recover from its initial sell-off on news of a Trump victory. He also said Trump's election would usher in a global recession. Oops. He suggests that a slowdown could so damage Trump's reelection prospects that the president will probably pressure federal bean-counters to inflate the numbers. Man, this guy really hates Trump.

You can't blame Demos for trying to cook up a recession. They know it's the only sure-fire way to take down the president. Yes, Ukraine is a mess, but voters will tire of the bickering, the lines are already drawn and it is unlikely that many will change their vote based on an extremely partisan impeachment inquiry. A real recession, though, would undercut Trump's reelection prospects, which is unfortunately something the Dems are rooting for.

Comments

Never thought I would see The Hill taking shots at Alwayswrong Krugman.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-17 06:56 PM | Reply

Just put Bernie in charge, add water, and...

#2 | Posted by Spork at 2020-01-17 07:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hilarious. Trump is now touting "Impeachment Special!" tax breaks for donors who tell their bought and paid for GOP Sens to nix witnesses, forget the Constitution, and exonerate Dear Leader.

Meanwhile, rwingers here, some of whom pretend not to support Trump, keep supporting Trump.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-17 07:55 PM | Reply

@#1 .... Never thought I would see The Hill taking shots at Alwayswrong Krugman. ...

You expected otherwise in a highly-charged election cycle?

Really?

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-01-17 08:41 PM | Reply

Sir Dorkus once again bravely gallops in without a point.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-17 09:34 PM | Reply

You think that the Hill leans right wing?

Really?

#6 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-17 09:35 PM | Reply

This is the second "Democrats hoping for recession" thread in a week.

Were there this many "Republicans hoping for recession" threads when Obama was President?
Anyone know?

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-17 09:43 PM | Reply

The recession had already been caused by the Bush Administration...your point?

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-17 10:10 PM | Reply

Is Ukraine any more of a mess than it has been the last 20 years or so? It's just in the news because it's a useful for our dear leaders to beat each over the head with.

#9 | Posted by Charliecharles at 2020-01-17 10:12 PM | Reply

You'd think that after their Party elected Trump, GW, Reagan, and Nixon that even moderately lucid conservatives would have quit that Party.

Nope, not even a little.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-17 11:16 PM | Reply

@#6 ... You think that the Hill leans right wing?

Really? ...

Since you raise the question...

I think The Hill site leans neither left nor right. It accepts commentary from all folk, regardless of their political agenda. That is one of the reasons why I like to read it.

But, putting your lame deflection attempt aside, let me get back to the core of my comment...

And I will be blunt, so please forgive me...

Are you as incredibly naive as your comments document you to be, that you think a commentary in this most politicized election cycle is indicative of all Democrats? That a column of one commentator is indicative of all Democrats?

Really?

Do you have two neurons to rub together on this?

#11 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-01-17 11:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

LOL, you accuse me of that but seem to eagerly jump into the DR Left frenzy when there is a broadbrush article about the GOP?

Speaking of incredibly naive...

#12 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-18 01:03 AM | Reply

#6 it published Solomon's garbage even after it was known to be garbage.

You didn't know the hill leans right?

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-18 02:15 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 it published Solomon's garbage even after it was known to be garbage.

You didn't know the hill leans right?

#13 | POSTED BY JPW

The IG report vindicated Solomon's "garbage."

#14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-01-18 11:19 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Don't use facts to mess with my Narrative!

-JPW

#15 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-18 11:58 AM | Reply

No worries. Want a recession? I'm sure it'll happen in 2021 should libbies win the election.

#16 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-01-18 12:06 PM | Reply

Over the years I've seen countless times the left assigning motivations and pretending to know what's in the hearts and minds of GOP voters. It's mostly been nothing but petty and rank partisanship being revealed by folks who make such absurd accusations.

The same principle applies here. Recognizing the political reality that a recession may be the only way for trump to lose isn't the same thing as wishing for that.

Think about what happens in a recession

People lose jobs
People lose homes
People lose health insurance

People DIE.

Who wishes for that to happen?

With the exception of a few POS posters here, I don't think ANYBODY here wishes for that....

...Despite how much they want trump gone, including me.

#17 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-18 12:20 PM | Reply

EBERLY

Exactly like the 'opinion' writer of the piece and this thread has done

Whose 'opinion' you posted.

#18 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 12:26 PM | Reply

By Liz Peek, Opinion Contributor " 10/10/19 09:30 AM EDT

The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

#19 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 12:30 PM | Reply

-Exactly like the 'opinion' writer of the piece and this thread has done

Agreed

#20 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-18 12:35 PM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

Well they published it, it might not be their exact view, but its not some random opinion.

#21 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-18 12:35 PM | Reply

Who wishes for that to happen?

His name is Zed, a.k.a. craZed

#22 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-18 12:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

-Whose 'opinion' you posted.

I posted my own words.

#23 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-18 12:41 PM | Reply

#23 | POSTED BY EBERLY

AU's got nothing so he's slaughtering the source, and even then AU misses.

#24 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-18 12:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

-Whose 'opinion' you posted.

I posted my own words.

#23 | Posted by eberly

This article is 'fake news.'

Stating that, for instance, Republicans are hypocrites, is fact. "Moral" people voted for a guy with a track record as a cheat and admitted sexual assaulter. Republicans have since turned their backs on everything Trump has done that goes against the historical moral norms of America.

15,000 documented lies. Oh, and where are those tax returns?

#25 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 12:48 PM | Reply

AU's got nothing so he's slaughtering the source, and even then AU misses.

#24 | Posted by AndreaMackris

You live in a world of 'alternate facts,' unable to tell the difference between 'opinion' and actual facts, which you refuse to even acknowledge.

#26 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 12:54 PM | Reply

AU completely whiffs with his STS attempt so he turns the deflector shields to maximum.

SMFH

#27 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-18 01:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"You jumped right on the 'whataboutism' bandwagon as though the 'opinion' writer of this article was stating fact."

You couldn't be further from the truth, moron.

My comments were based on pawn my actual interaction with -------- like you on this place for the past 10 years.

You and a truckload of others have judged anybody who doesn't line up with you, politically speaking.

I've seen motivations assigned, accusations of being a racist homophobe etc. a million times on this place.

And to top it off, I am challenging the author of this opinion piece for making the accusation because it's unfounded and unfair.

IOW, I defended YOU.

And you're still sniffing my ------- looking for anything.

I'd tell you to ---- off but I couldn't care less.

#28 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-18 02:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Ooooo, butt hurt.

You obviously care because you just expended all that time and energy being an -------.

#29 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 02:27 PM | Reply

EBERLY

Show me where you stuck up for 'me' or democrats.

Your rant was all about 'the left.'

Have a good day.

#30 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 02:31 PM | Reply

And apologies for an error on my part:

I intended the remark about posting this thread to be given to ROC, not you. My bad.

#31 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-01-18 02:34 PM | Reply

Another Fake News Article by FakeLawyer.
For a "Lawyer"'as he claims he is, he sure has a ton of free time on his hands.

#32 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-01-18 03:43 PM | Reply

"Recognizing the political reality that a recession may be the only way for trump to lose isn't the same thing as wishing for that. "

That is where I stick up for Democrats, AU

I don't think democrats wish for a recession and I made that clear.

Well, clear for everyone else.

#33 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-18 03:52 PM | Reply

Same here....didn't see 31. My bad.

#34 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-18 03:53 PM | Reply

#27 | Posted by Rightostupid

"The Hill" leans right, whether you like it or not.

And you're an ass hole.

SMFH

#35 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-01-19 04:43 PM | Reply

And you're an ass hole.

SMFH

#35 | POSTED BY ANGRYDAD

*Jeff holds mirror up to Angrydad's zit-pocked face*

#36 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-01-20 10:38 AM | Reply