Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Singer-songwriter David Olney has died at age 71, after falling silent and dropping his head in the midst of a performance at the 30A Songwriters Festival in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, Saturday night.

Comments

Oh, my.

I would love to have the same demise.

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2020-01-19 06:30 PM | Reply

I would prefer to go like Dimebag Darrell, or maybe Great White.

#2 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-01-19 09:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Dimebag went quick.
A fire/smoke would suck.

#3 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-01-19 09:26 PM | Reply

I don't know who this guy was, but I'm sure someones long nightmare is over.

#4 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2020-01-19 09:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"I would prefer to go like Dimebag Darrell, or maybe Great White."

'Death by Misadventure' by Lenny and Ziggy
www.youtube.com

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-20 02:22 PM | Reply

This would have been an amazing performance to see live. The audience definitely got their money's worth. Screw all those other acts who promote their "last tour ever" or "last show ever". David Olney puts all of them to shame.

#6 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-01-20 11:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride
Something touched me deep inside
The day the music died...

So....

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that Disco will die
This'll be the day that Disco will die...

#7 | Posted by Pegasus at 2020-01-21 10:00 AM | Reply

Flashback to 29 cents a gallon driving down to Gorham Neunert just to watch the river flow from a levee.
AM radio is king and now automation is across the nation. Paul is dead.

#8 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-01-21 10:14 AM | Reply

www.youtube.com

This was from the same day. Presumably beforehand.

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-01-21 02:05 PM | Reply

www.youtube.com

This was from the same day. Presumably beforehand.

#9 | POSTED BY SENTINEL AT 2020-01-21 02:05 PM | FLAG:

Nice. Thanks for posting that.

#10 | Posted by cbob at 2020-01-21 02:45 PM | Reply

My great-great-grandfather did that when he was finished here. Blah blah blah...pause...*poof*... he was gone.

He was a 19th century political activist.

#11 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-01-22 08:47 AM | Reply