Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Jeff Bezos, the billionaire owner of the Washington Post, had no reason to be suspicious when he received a WhatsApp message from the account of the crown prince of Saudi Arabia in May 2018.

Comments

So.... MBS is one of Pres Trump's buddies, and Pres Trump dislikes (I'm being kind) Mr Bezos.

Now it seems MBS is hacking Mr Bezos. Maybe looking for more embarrassing photos?

Coincidence?

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-01-21 09:22 PM | Reply

Does Amazon sell "bone saws"?

#2 | Posted by zelkova at 2020-01-21 09:54 PM | Reply

To keep Jamal Khashoggi dead, MBS & Co. runs proxy war against Bezos through his phone. But why is JB using a phone? I can get farther faster more securely with
Skype running on a notebook computer that has Wireshark capturing.
If this were my spooky house I'd change the User Agent on my browser and see how many viruses try to link up to my phone which is now a PC.

#3 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-01-21 10:02 PM | Reply

@#3 ... Skype ...

Microsoft's eavesdropping Skype? Seriously?

You are proposing that Mr Bezos use a service of his competitor?

You throw around program names like Wireshark (a very good program, btw, I have been using it since the days of Ethereal), but your comment seems to show a lack of the basic knowledge of the situation.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-01-21 11:59 PM | Reply

"Does Amazon sell "bone saws"?"

Um...yes.

www.amazon.com

#5 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-22 08:19 AM | Reply

Meanwhile over at Amazon Web Services, every file from or relating to Saudi Arabia, MBS or the Saudi Royal Family is now being read, and perhaps sent to, oh, I don't know, maybe Iran or Israel. Payback can be a bitch when one messes with the world's richest man, who also happens to have a great amount of information about you...

#6 | Posted by catdog at 2020-01-22 09:19 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Does Amazon sell "bone saws"?

#2 | Posted by zelkova

I was actually tempted to search Amazon for that but thought better of it.

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-01-22 10:50 AM | Reply

Hey, that's why I hang out here.

#8 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-01-22 11:18 AM | Reply

I guess I am not all that surprised. 90% of the Saudis I have met that are students in the US are usually pretty arrogant and cavalier about how people should be treated. I have a lot of friends and acquaintances that are from the ME - if there is one thing they have in common is they don't like the Saudis. When it comes to the royal family it certainly doesn't seem any better. MBS knew no bounds. As the article lays out he pretty much thought he was the shht. Even now he may be temporarily checked but even that is really in question. He is certainly arrogant enough to do it.

#9 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-01-22 01:21 PM | Reply