Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Two people who demonstrated in support of Meng Wanzhou outside B.C. Supreme Court during her extradition hearing say they were unwittingly recruited under false pretences and paid to be there.

Comments

Sheesh China ... do you have to make it so obvious? Fake islands are one thing, but now it's rent-a-crowd?

For actor Julia Hackstaff of Vancouver it all started with a promise of $100 for two hours of work in what she understood to be an appearance as an extra in a movie shoot. Hackstaff said the offer came over Facebook from a person in the acting community she has never met.

"It's terrible, it's horrifying," she said. "I was sincerely going to participate in something that seemed cool and a nice opportunity. And they took advantage of my profession and my passion ... to make a false protest."

The second person, whom CBC News has agreed not to identify and will refer to as SP, said she was recruited by a friend promising a $150 payday just to show up at the courthouse and hold a sign.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-22 08:04 AM | Reply

Hackstaff says she and a friend were told by her contact to go to the Holiday Inn a few blocks away and then brought to the courthouse. When they arrived, they approached a group of young people who looked "lost" she assumed were background actors.

"I went and asked, 'Are you guys the extras?' And one guy said yes. He then asked me my name and my friend's name. So we gave him our first names and he checked on his phone like [as] if he had a list."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Classic!

Me Chinese!
Me play joke!
Me put
Peepee in your Coke!

LOL... love these guys.

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-22 08:07 AM | Reply

The best thing about paid Chinese protesters is they readily admit they are paid.

Unlike Putin's useful idiots here, who don't even realize they're working for free -- or if they do, like when Andrea a mattress spent two weeks claiming Ukraine shot down MH370, are happy to work for free.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-22 03:23 PM | Reply

claiming Ukraine shot down MH370,
#3 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

en.wikipedia.org

Its nice to live in Snoofy's head too, when trying to attack me he has to resort to obvious lies.

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-23 11:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Thats a bald face lie,"

Oh look...the guy who bald-faced lied about the IRS targeting the Tea Party is suddenly concerned about bald-faced lies.

"...he has to resort to obvious lies."

What's your excuse?

#5 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-01-23 11:51 AM | Reply

--Thats a bald face lie, I never claimed any such thing, MH370 went down in the Andaman Sea you liar.

That schittheap told the same lie about me before I plonked him. Now he's switched the lie to you because you can see his posts.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-23 11:54 AM | Reply

I plonked him

Poor baby.

#7 | Posted by JOE at 2020-01-23 12:09 PM | Reply

"Hackstaff said the offer came over Facebook from a person in the acting community she has never met."

Man, if you can't trust an actor on Facebook that you've never met, who can you trust?

#8 | Posted by humtake at 2020-01-23 12:36 PM | Reply