Thursday, January 23, 2020

Signalling from the sympathetic nervous system of mice when subjected to stress leads to the depletion of a stem-cell population in their hair follicles. This discovery sheds light on why stress turns hair prematurely grey.

Comments

Rogers and I have this in common; my hair turned almost completely snow white @ age 40 in about a week. I had just seen Mackris naked.

Not sure what happened to Rogers.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-22 02:57 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Here's the CNN version of the article, less sciency than the Nature piece.

www.cnn.com

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-22 02:59 PM | Reply

I turned white headed just after 40. It was the first time I saw my provident fund and bank account after the divorce was final.

#3 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-01-22 04:31 PM | Reply

That explains Bill Clinton....

#4 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2020-01-23 08:45 AM | Reply

Wow. The Clintons burrowed deep under the skin of some.

And yet they wonder why they won't go away. Odd.

#5 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-01-23 10:25 PM | Reply

At 64, my hair (on my body and scalp) is almost still completely dark brown. Only my beard has lost its color. I guess I've led a pretty stress free life.

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-24 01:40 AM | Reply

What causes a 70 something mans face to turn orange?

#7 | Posted by zelkova at 2020-01-24 11:17 AM | Reply

" What causes a 70 something mans face to turn orange?
#7 | POSTED BY ZELKOVA "

More importantly, what causes people to ridicule others skin color?

#8 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-01-24 01:22 PM | Reply

Orange looks good on Ommpa Loompas and Sesame Streets Ernie, not on supposedly adult men. As for your question, former President Obama probably wonders where, oh most of the hatred for him came from too.

#9 | Posted by zelkova at 2020-01-24 01:30 PM | Reply

What causes a 70 something mans face to turn orange?

POSTED BY ZELKOVA AT 2020-01-24 11:17 AM | REPLY

Way too much ketchup on his hamberders and extra well done steaks.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-24 03:06 PM | Reply

"As for your question, former President Obama probably wonders where, oh most of the hatred for him came from too.
#9 | POSTED BY ZELKOVA"

Are you justifying skin color ridicule by mimicking the party you hate?
#hypocrite

#11 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-01-24 03:34 PM | Reply

Ignorance being bliss and all.

#12 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-24 04:20 PM | Reply

I wonder what inner force turns hair green?

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-25 02:13 AM | Reply