Thursday, January 23, 2020

President Trump said Wednesday that he didn't consider the traumatic brain injuries reported by U.S. troops following an Iranian rocket attack to be serious. "No, I don't consider them very serious relative to other injuries I've seen," Trump said, adding that he's seen the aftermath of Iranian road side bombs, including "people with no legs and no arms."

Comments

Trump undercuts military messages on brain injuries

President describes injuries from Iranian strikes as headaches'

www.rollcall.com

Let's hope he's right:

"I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things," he told a reporter during a press conference at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland. "But I would say, and I can report, that it is not very serious."

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-01-23 09:43 AM | Reply

""But I would say, and I can report, that it is not very serious."

We already knew he knows more than the Generals but now he knows more than the Doctors too. What an amazing liar he is. Lap it up Trumpies, he's all yours.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2020-01-23 09:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Whether you sign up for the military or the NFL, you know risk of injury comes with the territory.

#3 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-01-23 11:37 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Very Stable Jenius HAS SPOKEN!

#4 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-01-23 12:17 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by sentinel at 2020

And?

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-23 01:50 PM | Reply

Theres this "army wtf moments" page where active duty soldiers post funny photos of military accidents, ridiculous memos, group texts, etc and a theme that always pops up in the comments is getting to medical to document injuries (so you can get a percentage of va disability when they get out of the military).
They know how to play the game so I'm not surprised guys are making sure that they get anything close to a concussion documented for future use.

#6 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-01-23 02:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

#6 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020

Like, wow.

The veterans I know hide injuries to continue serving with their unit.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-23 03:57 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020

This sort of stuff is so Trumpian, so Republican (in it's final stage of decay).

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-23 03:58 PM | Reply

"The veterans I know hide injuries to continue serving with their unit."

Would it surprise you to find out there are both types in the military?

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-01-23 06:21 PM | Reply

"The veterans I know hide injuries to continue serving with their unit.

#7 | POSTED BY ZED "

Veterans don't serve. That's active duty, zed.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-23 06:39 PM | Reply

Veterans don't serve.

#10 | Posted by goatman

Veterans of combat. Veterans in the sense of those with experience of war.

#11 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-23 06:53 PM | Reply

"The veterans I know hide injuries to continue serving with their unit."

Would it surprise you to find out there are both types in the military?

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-01-

Not at all.

Would it surprise you to know that a veteran's command structure doesn't really want to know what's going wrong with the veteran's mind and body? That the veterans understand this clearly?

#12 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-23 06:56 PM | Reply

LOL, CraZed f's up and continues to dig deeper.

"Title 38 of the Code of Federal Regulations defines a veteran as "a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable."

Soldiers are active, Veterans are discharged.

#13 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-01-23 07:08 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by Rightocenter at

You have lost a debate about the English language with me.

#14 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-23 07:51 PM | Reply

"You have lost a debate about the English language with me.

#14 | POSTED BY ZED "

RoC proved you wrong. Suck it up, butter cup.

Also, you have a bad habit of speaking for military folks when you have not actually served yourself. You need to stop that. As Jimmy Buffett said, "Don't try to describe the Ocean if you've never seen it". Great advice.

#15 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-23 10:48 PM | Reply

"Would it surprise you to know that a veteran's command structure doesn't really want to know what's going wrong with the veteran's mind and body?

#12 | POSTED BY ZED "

Zed, I'm a veteran. You are not. I know for a fact you are wrong.

"That the veterans understand this clearly?"

You do not speak for me or any veteran zed.

#16 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-23 10:50 PM | Reply

And the nit-picking over minor definitions of words has been started by you know who!

#17 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-24 01:23 AM | Reply

You do not speak for me or any veteran

You lived on the money that came out of his pocket.

He has every right to speak for you.

And nitpicker.... here is the definition of "veteran".

i.postimg.cc

#18 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-24 08:09 AM | Reply

Service members pay taxes too lol. And upthread, zed acts as if s/he is writing from experience, where s/he has none

#19 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-24 08:13 AM | Reply

Service members pay taxes too

And so does the rest of the country.

zed acts as if s/he is writing from experience

Maybe he is. How do we know he doesn't have military experience? Maybe he worked for the CIA printing propaganda pamphlets and got a paper cut and purple heart?

There is no way for you or I to know that.

#20 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-24 08:32 AM | Reply

Zed, I'm a veteran. You are not. I know for a fact you are wrong.

#16 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-23

GOAT, I own a dictionary. You do not. Stop being stupid.

#21 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-24 08:58 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You do not speak for me or any veteran zed.

#16 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-23 10:50 PM | Reply

I'm no one's spokesperson.

I will, however, tell you what truths I know.

#22 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-24 09:00 AM | Reply

Here's a truth I know: As this thread demonstrates, the Right sees servicemen as grifters ever willing to lie about what's hurt them for mere money.

You people think that everyone cheats and everyone lies. It's one reason you're so ready to accept what Donald Trump does to you. You think it's natural. United States veterans are just one more interest group out there wanting to steal from you.

"---- Life", someone said? Sucks to be you.

#23 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-24 09:04 AM | Reply

#20 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-24 08:32 AM | Reply | Flag:

Don't make fun of that. It hurt.

#24 | Posted by Zed at 2020-01-24 09:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"'You do not speak for me or any veteran'

You lived on the money that came out of his pocket.

He has every right to speak for you.

#18 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN"

And he lived in a country kept free from a chunk of my life I gave for my country. So? It's irrelevant. No one has the right to speak for me regardless my veteran status.

#25 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-24 09:11 AM | Reply

"GOAT, I own a dictionary. You do not.

#21 | POSTED BY ZED "

So much for speaking "Truths you know". LOL As I said, don't attempt to speak for me, zed.

#26 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-24 09:17 AM | Reply

Don't make fun of that. It hurt.

I apologize.

#27 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-24 09:30 AM | Reply

What a fool. Plonk Zed like I did. Not only can you avoid his stupidity, but the threads are way smaller because you don't see his serial posting.

#28 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-01-24 02:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Oh course he doesn't think brain injures are serious. You know he says stuff like this on purpose, right?

P.S. Don't plonk Zed. We can learn a lot from him. We should try to convince him to donate his brain to science. While still alive.

#29 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-01-24 03:12 PM | Reply

- You know he says stuff like this on purpose, right?

Quote from the helium injured brain.

#30 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-24 03:19 PM | Reply

So how's that terrorist support thing going for you Corky? Made any new friends lately inside the eugenics project?

#31 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-01-24 04:13 PM | Reply

More brain damage postage, same source.

There are nutraceuticals for that.

#32 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-24 04:24 PM | Reply

VFW demands apology after Trump claims traumatic brain injuries are not 'very serious'

"The Veterans of Foreign Wars cannot stand idle on this matter," William "Doc" Schmitz, VFW National Commander, said in a statement Friday, noting TBI is a serious injury known to cause depression, memory loss, severe headaches and other symptoms in the short and long-term.

"The VFW expects an apology from the president to our service men and women for his misguided remarks," Schmitz added.

"And, we ask that he and the White House join with us in our efforts to educate Americans of the dangers TBI has on these heroes as they protect our great nation in these trying times. Our warriors require our full support more than ever in this challenging environment."

taskandpurpose.com

#33 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-01-24 09:05 PM | Reply

Jake Tapper @jaketapper

34 US service members have been diagnosed with Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) resulting from Iranian missile attack on US forces in Iraq earlier this month, Pentagon spokesman Jonathon Hoffman said Friday, 1/

2/ Status of service members:

8 service members were flown to the US from Germany for treatment;
9 are still being treated in Germany;
16 have been treated in Iraq and have returned to duty;
1 was treated in Kuwait and has returned to duty in Iraq.

. . .

5/ The Pentagon says "Traumatic brain injury is one of the invisible wounds of war and one of the signature injuries of troops wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq."

twitter.com

#34 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-01-24 09:17 PM | Reply

"The VFW expects an apology from the president"

The VFW expects pigs to fly.

#35 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-01-24 09:19 PM | Reply

You dont get evac'd from a war zone for "headaches".

#36 | Posted by fresno500 at 2020-01-25 10:35 AM | Reply