Friday, January 24, 2020

It's also not particularly sad. It's dangerous. He is just one very privileged man, and as a result of said privilege, has been given a platform. And he has used that platform to legitimise a bigger backlash against diversity and progress which is unfolding every single day in less public corners of the internet. Not wanting to date "woke" women, far from being laughable, is actually one of the more insidious aspects of it. Spend an afternoon on any major dating app and you'll come across (generally white) men saying openly sexist and misogynistic things. They might say "no psychos" or that they "fucking hate big eyebrows" in their bios. And, by and large, they also tend to hold extremely right-wing views and see themselves as victims of liberal thinking.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"Mustang hit SAVE, then sat back to watch the airing of grievances..."

Comments

"They might say "no psychos" or that they "------- hate big eyebrows" in their bios."

It's funny because what the author calls signs of extreme white, conservative thinking also cast a lot of false positives. I swore off psychos in my early 20s and am really not a fan of the big eyebrows trend lately.

That said, I did get criticized for manspreading on the subway a few weeks ago. I just rolled my eyes and continued reading the Retort.

#1 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-01-24 09:25 AM | Reply

It's eugenics. That has to be the motive. They feed the woke incredible BS so they don't breed in order to weed out stupid and gullible people from the gene pool. But who is behind it?

You know what? I think I'm going to join in the effort. I wonder if I can get paid for it....

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-01-24 11:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

For some reason this thread reminded me of this video.....
twitter.com

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-24 11:35 AM | Reply

Cosby never liked woke women either.

#4 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2020-01-24 11:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 6

#4 | POSTED BY SCHIFFERBRAINS

Hitler though, he loved woke women

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-24 12:26 PM | Reply

#4 cant believe that hasn't been FF yet.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2020-01-24 01:48 PM | Reply

I got about halfway through the embedded op-ed and my eyes started to bleed. So much anger and hatred. Nonstop straw men. Bizarre illogical jumps in arguments. And, SO much projection.

I don't see how anyone other than Pajama boy would date a woman like this.

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-01-24 01:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Yea, woke women are so sexy, with a huge chip on their shoulder looking for every opportunity to be offended. Disarming an IED is less stressful.

#8 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-25 11:00 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I doubt comrade Pinto has "dated" outside of his own family.

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-01-25 06:11 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson I note that liberals have far fewer children than conservatives. Progressives don't seem to reproduce at all. This is eugenics in action.

#10 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-25 08:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson BTW, why not check out where ------ actually occurs. Last I looked, Philadelphia is the capital of family sex. ------ is not a rural trait, it is an urban phenomena.

#11 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-25 09:37 PM | Reply

"They might say "no psychos" or that they "------- hate big eyebrows" in their bios. And, by and large, they also tend to hold extremely right-wing views and see themselves as victims of liberal thinking."

^
If they would just say "No Fat Chicks" they wouldn't be such whiny losers.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-25 09:40 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by snoofy, When you say fat chicks, I automatically recall Trigertypuff. Admit it, the left has more than their share of such. Conservative chicks rule. They put much more attention in to their appearance.

#13 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-25 11:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Conservative chicks rule. They put much more attention in to their appearance."

You're referring to Ann Coulter, right?

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-26 04:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#14 | Posted by snoofy No, Conservative women are competitive. They are actually trying to attract the attention of men with something to offer. Progressive chicks announce they are lesbian, dye their hair purple and put on a lot of weight.

#15 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-01-27 06:25 AM | Reply

"They put much more attention in to their appearance."

Instead of their ideas.