Saturday, January 25, 2020

Is resistance still futile? The infamous "Star Trek" alien species, which assimilates all beings it comes across into its collective consciousness, will return in the new series "Star Trek: Picard" with two of its most famous members: Seven of Nine and Hugh (aka Third of Five).

Comments

If the rest of the episodes are like the first one, they have a genuine Star Trek winner.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-24 10:20 PM | Reply

Haven't they milked that series enough? That and Star Wars are just ridiculous.

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-01-24 10:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#2 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR AT 2020-01-24 10:37 PM "

Then don't watch them. duh.

#3 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-24 10:39 PM | Reply

""Haven't they milked that series enough? That and Star Wars are just ridiculous.
#2 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR AT 2020-01-24 10:37 PM ""

I can't stand My Little Pony and the Telly Tubbies but I understand they appeal to your intelligence level so I don't watch them and leave them to you and our ilk. It's that simple, laura. It really is.

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-24 10:42 PM | Reply

Troll Bastard... always putting people down for no good reason....

they have a genuine Star Trek winner.

Absolutely.

Much better than DISCOVERY and it's idiotic spore drive.

#5 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-01-24 11:01 PM | Reply

#5 J_TREMAIN

Only marginally less offensive than sick bay food cloned from a magical protein cannon used to transport celebrity guest stars bowel movements removing the need for bathrooms across all space and time. I'm no DC Fontana, lacking ovaries and such, but the spore drive must stink like crap.

#6 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-01-25 05:23 PM | Reply

Oh, I look forward to watching Piccard, Jeri as remains the single hottest body and coldest mind in their system.

#7 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-01-25 05:26 PM | Reply

Oh ---- McGee, oh ---- McGee,

I still love you sweet Jeri....

The restraining order means nothing to me! "

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2020-01-26 01:08 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

The wife and I really enjoyed the first episode. We loved TNG and we're really looking forward to the future episodes.

#9 | Posted by Ben_Berkkake at 2020-01-26 06:43 AM | Reply

If it wasn't for Jeri Ryan, we wouldn't have had Barack Obama.

Look it up.

#10 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2020-01-26 11:24 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

The first episode was great but made me a little sad at the same time. Picard didn't seem to carry the same level of authority in his mannerism and voicethat he had in TNG. Not sure if that was intentional or just due to Patrick Stewart's age.

I'm mixed about Discovery. I thought it was decent but yet so unlike anything in the Star Trek genre. I almost have to think about it outside of Star Trek to enjoy it.

#11 | Posted by Pirate at 2020-01-26 11:43 AM | Reply

Nothing but remakes of franchises from Hollywood these days. I'll skip it.

#12 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-26 11:47 AM | Reply

I like the first episode too but to remind you the war between the synths and the human race is not a new concept in SciFi....

A program called "Space: Above and Beyond" story concept was that Augmented Humans grown in tanks allied themselves with an Alien Race to make war with the humans. As the series progressed, you learn that a large corporation was behind it all and engineered the war for profit. it was a good series and if you can find it on the web, it's well worth watching.

As for STP, glad to see at least some actors working again... earning hours to stay in SAG... quite a few young actors got involved in Star Trek and got typecasted... after their runs, the only work they could find is dinner theater and as a real estate agent selling houses...

I could also mention that STP is now on because America is once again doing well and has an overall positive attitude. We now have a Space Force and Private contractors going into space... and NASA is serious again about going to MARS... could it be.....

The TRUMP effect ?... Are Democrat voters being assimulated?

Republican resistance... is... futile...

#13 | Posted by Pegasus at 2020-01-26 11:53 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#2 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

I kind of agree.

If the series goes on too long you begin to wonder, is there really sound in space? Would future battles have "bombers"?

Anywhere in the galaxy in under 3 minutes? No one ages... The good guys always win, its tiresome and boring.

Clone Protocol 66 was a nice twist, but not enough explanation.

The suspension of disbelief only last so long. Anyhow I may watch, I have found Avenue 5 pilot to be pretty funny though, Herman Judd is like a young DonaldTrump.

#14 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-01-26 12:11 PM | Reply

I still have tribbles from the convention.

#15 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-01-26 04:33 PM | Reply

Still waiting for the episode of Star Trek: Animals Have Feelings Too where woke time travelers bring Scotty to justice for the heinous crime of beaming defenseless tribbles to the Klingon engine room.

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-01-26 04:38 PM | Reply

Well, based on most comments I read on DR, most of you are too young to have even watched Discovery and definitely too young to watch TNG.

I hope Seven procreated and all that's left in the universe are me and women that have her body.

"The TRUMP effect ?... Are Democrat voters being assimulated?

Republican resistance... is... futile..."

There it is, folks. Any doubts of the popular opinion that Liberals don't live in reality have now been completely validated. In fact, this is enough proof that it lends enough credence to doing what the popular racist Liberal who doesn't know what a fact is on this board does...FACT!! I mean, this tiny iota of truth and tons of exaggerated cynicism is more than what she presents when she calls something a fact so saying this is proof that Libs don't live in reality is a fact if you believe her facts.

#17 | Posted by humtake at 2020-01-27 12:26 PM | Reply

"Discovery "

Oops, meant Voyager. I'm in the middle of Discovery right now so it comes to mind first. :-)

#18 | Posted by humtake at 2020-01-27 12:27 PM | Reply