Monday, January 27, 2020

The US is seeking to limit the kinds of animals that airlines must allow on board for free. The Department of Transportation has proposed to restrict that right to dogs that are trained to help people with disabilities.

Comments

Good.

I was on a Flight a couple of weeks ago from Flint, MI to Green Bay (was visiting JeffJ). There was a lady on the opposite side of the aisle, one row back from me with a medium sized dog talking baby talk to it the entire flight. "Mommy loves her little ------ woopsy" and kissing it and licking its nose, etc.. Yes she was actually saying things like that. I could tell the other passengers around her were getting fed up as well. She was non-stop with that ---- the entire flight.

Jeff, remind me and I'll send you a picture I took with my phone.

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-26 11:08 PM | Reply

If people aren't emotionally stable enough to not be able to fly with an animal, they aren't emotionally stable enough to be flying at all.

This emotional support animal craze has gotten out of hand. But I guess it's indicative of the snowflake generation who has to have their safe places and wig out if they see a word or name they don't like.

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2020-01-26 11:10 PM | Reply

How about if I claim my wife is an emotional support animal who should fly for free?

#3 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2020-01-27 10:56 AM | Reply

Keep the damn pets off airplanes. In fact, do away with support pets.

#4 | Posted by Sniper at 2020-01-27 11:30 AM | Reply

- do away with support pets.

But... but... whatever would Dulli do without Mattress?

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-27 11:37 AM | Reply

#5 | Posted by Corky

Another worthless post from Trollus Maximus.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-27 11:51 AM | Reply

Funny, it was worth you whining about......

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2020-01-27 11:58 AM | Reply

#1 Is a person speaking in an annoying tone really a reason to not let them bring their pet in the first place?

What if she spoke that way to her baby? No babies on flights either?

Husband?

Sounds to me the problem was this woman, not the pet.

#8 | Posted by JOE at 2020-01-27 12:19 PM | Reply

They're worse than the bag that brings their dog to Lowe's just because they can, but not by much.

#9 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-01-27 12:39 PM | Reply

"I hate most people, but I especially hate people with an emotional support animal that goes everywhere with them."

Sounds like you need an emotional support animal to help you deal with your extreme hatred for people with emotional support animals...

#10 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2020-01-27 04:58 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Emotional support animals are for the most part a scam. However the airlines have a habit of killing animals left in their charge.

#11 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-01-27 05:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

There will come a time quite soon where some emotional support animals will require their own emotional support animals to help them deal with people.

#12 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2020-01-27 05:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

--some emotional support animals will require their own emotional support animals to help them deal with people.

Kinda like dogs carrying plastic bags to pick up human feces in San Francisco.

#13 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-27 05:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Reminds me of the scene in The Horse Whisperer.

"I understand you help people with horse problems"

"No, actually I help horses with people problems"

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2020-01-27 05:13 PM | Reply

San Francisco Dogs Begin Bagging People ----

SAN FRANCISCO, CA--The dogs of San Francisco have announced a citywide cleanup initiative, in which the canines will carry little plastic bags with them wherever they go in order to clean up the massive dumps humans keep leaving on the sidewalk.

The initiative is expected to freshen up the city significantly, ridding the sidewalk of millions of pounds of human waste.

"We need to start taking pride in our city," said one labrador as he scooped up a giant turd his owner had just left on the sidewalk and placed it in a nearby human waste bin. "It's incredibly rude what these humans do. They just see some rando's lawn and decide, 'Yeah, that's a good place to drop a deuce.' It's like, we're living in a society, here."

The dogs have begun putting signs up around the city reading things like, "Please Pick Up After Your Owner" and "If Your Human -----, You Scoop."

#15 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-01-27 05:17 PM | Reply

San Francisco Dogs Begin Bagging People ----

babylonbee.com

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-01-27 05:23 PM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE

My parents bring their dog to petsmart, so that's them

#17 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-01-27 05:29 PM | Reply

"Jeff, remind me and I'll send you a picture I took with my phone.
#1 | POSTED BY GOATMAN"

#sexting

#18 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2020-01-27 06:03 PM | Reply

BYOD.

If this sign isn't in the Chinese Restaurant window, I am not a patron.

#19 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-01-27 06:40 PM | Reply

It's about time that fad died. If you are a person who can't maintain yourself civilly in social settings without a slave with you, you shouldn't be in social settings.

#20 | Posted by humtake at 2020-01-28 11:58 AM | Reply

Maybe we should only allow seeing eye dogs and for everyone else Valium till I get to the other Airport.

There's nothing a helper dog can do that a flight attendant can't

#21 | Posted by Tor at 2020-01-28 02:02 PM | Reply