Thursday, February 13, 2020

A video from the University of Virginia shows a black student stand up in front of a room full of other students and complain that there are "too many white people in here."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"So just be cognizant of the space you're taking up because it does make some of us POCs uncomfortable when we see too many white people in here," adds the woman.

Comments

How do people like this even get jobs? You do know you're outnumbered like 8-1 or you wouldn't be a minority, right?

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-13 01:57 AM | Reply

What are you going to do?

Agree with her? or disagree? Leave or stay?

Talk about a toxic situation.

#2 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-02-13 02:06 AM | Reply

Segregation today! Segregation tomorrow. Segregation forever!

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-13 02:18 AM | Reply

You know, that wasn't racism. That was actual Xenophobia. Check it out.

#4 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-13 02:27 AM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY HELIUMRAT

It is what it is Heluim ...

As Nulli points out

What do we want? Segragation!

When do we want it? Now!

Its odd, I like diversity ... some people don't I suppose.

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-02-13 02:31 AM | Reply

#5 I used to think that the woke where racist, sexist, and bigoted. But their psychopathology goes far deeper than that: it really is xenophobia. In memetics I guess that really is the perfect vacceme.

What came out of Frankfurt was a weapon.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-13 03:04 AM | Reply

She's appropriating white culture with that straight hair.

Jussayin.

#7 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2020-02-13 10:28 AM | Reply

I think there are alot of things going on depending upon your context.

Lots of white guilt, and a very few minorities that are finding they can pretty much say, or do anything and get their support/sympathy.

BTW: This will never end, it will get worse until it crumbles.

#8 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-02-13 11:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY HELIUMRAT : Ha, finally remembered why your posting 'persona' HELIUMRAT kept tickling my brain as somewhat familiar. Read the Carter Of Mars series back in the mid 60s as well as all of his other works.

"Barsoom is a fictional representation of the planet Mars created by American pulp fiction author Edgar Rice Burroughs. ... Dejah Thoris: A Princess of Helium; courageous, chaste, and resourceful despite frequent abduction by villains. ... : 248"249; Ulsio: A kind of Barsoomian "rat", described as a dog-sized burrower."

Are you a Burroughs fan [Ulsio?], or is this just happenstance?

#9 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-02-13 01:39 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by MSgt

Happenstance. But that's funny.

I am a fan though, but I only read his Venus stuff about that Carstairs guy. I think I read one Mars story with 6-armed insect aliens in it about 45 years ago....

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-14 06:41 AM | Reply

Identity politics is the man separating people from each other to be controlled by them more effectively. This woman is a useful idiot to the PTB in this endeavor. She is a flat out fool to be exclusionary at all when people are there to help. Just my two cents.

#11 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-14 02:06 PM | Reply