Thursday, February 13, 2020

A retired NYPD detective says a woman punched him in the face in Nashville over the weekend because his hat looked like a MAGA cap.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

He was baffled by the vitriol and said he showed respect for politicians he didn't like.

"I love Trump, but I wouldn't hit someone who had a Bernie hat on," said Sprague, who spent more than two decades on the NYPD and retired as a member of the elite Emergency Service Unit.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I wasn't an Obama fan but if he walked into a place where I was, I would show him and the office respect."

Comments

A friend gave me a MAGA hat so I tried this: no reaction. But when I did it with my old Army jacket on I got thumbs-ups and one shout of "Army!". Still, just wearing my old uniform shirts people will tell me "Thank you for your service" and all that. It's rare but it happens.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-13 08:45 AM | Reply

There are consequences for choosing to leave your house with what amounts to a klan hood on your head.

#2 | Posted by qcp at 2020-02-13 08:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The "victim" is a self admitted racist.
He probably made the whole thing up. These Magat's tend to lie as much as their Orange Fuhrer!

#3 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-02-13 08:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Looks like self inflicted wounds.

#4 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-02-13 09:01 AM | Reply

#3/#4 Do you put effort into being this stupid, or is it a gift?

#5 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2020-02-13 09:39 AM | Reply

#3/#4 Do you put effort into being this stupid, or is it a gift?

#5 | POSTED BY MUSTANG GT

Throw in #2 for good measure.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-13 09:46 AM | Reply

I wrote off #2 as a genuine leftist antifa sort. Aborted is just a mouth breather.

#7 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2020-02-13 09:50 AM | Reply

There's an epidemic of feral Democrats assaulting people. If they lose in November, I expect a lot of violence.

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-13 09:51 AM | Reply

Not far from me a guy got assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat. Cops got him though. Nobody around me wears one. I don't see them at all. Most adults are probably like: "I have kids at home I don't need this", because this is Trump country. But I swear I've seen more Alex Jones bumper stickers than Trump!, and those are very rare.

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-13 10:01 AM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

It could eclipse the riots of '68 and the Rodney King riots.

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-13 10:01 AM | Reply

"Where was the media on this act of political violence?

It doesn't count when it's committed by leftists"

spectator.us

#11 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-13 10:17 AM | Reply

Imagine not only being a pig, but crying to your fellow piggies that a woman punched you.

It doesn't get any more Beta than that!
#MAGA

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-02-13 05:46 PM | Reply

12 - are all police officers pigs or just that one?

#13 | Posted by homerj at 2020-02-14 08:43 AM | Reply

Here comes my favorite part about these kinds of threads...

The denying of trump and his nazi buddies' crimes...

#14 | Posted by kudzu at 2020-02-14 12:38 PM | Reply

I wouldn't hit someone who had a Bernie hat

Bernie hasn't spent his life spreading hate and inspiring white supremacists.

Trumpublicans lack of awareness is baffling.

#15 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-02-14 12:49 PM | Reply

If they lose in November, I expect a lot of violence.

Yea, Trumpublicans are an angry bunch of mouth breathers.

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-02-14 12:50 PM | Reply

Awwww... poor rwing snowflakes.

They finally manage to create a few over the top reactions from some people with their coddling of Nazis, their kow-towing to corporations, and their worship of a criminal in the WH... and all they can do whine about how all those violent libs are going to riot... ROFL!!!

You've heard that, "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger". These days you might want to get used to, "what doesn't kill me better ---- run."

#17 | Posted by Corky at 2020-02-14 03:24 PM | Reply