Thursday, February 13, 2020

The New York Times reported Thursday morning that former White House Communications Director Hope Hicks is making a return to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Hicks' return comes after a two-year hiatus.

Comments

I saw this and it reminded me of a great piece of comedic writing by SNL when she first left the WH:

(Paraphrased from memory - Alec Baldwin portraying Trump) "It was sad to see Hope Hicks leave our administration today. But I have to admit, I sure did enjoy watching her walk away."

#1 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-13 03:30 PM | Reply

Wait. Hope Hicks is a person? As in one?

I was thinking it was going to be a giant Trump! rally or something....

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-13 03:40 PM | Reply

I stated that the first scandal of the newly unleashed Donald would be sexual.

Welcome back, Hope.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-13 03:43 PM | Reply

I stated that the first scandal of the newly unleashed Donald would be sexual.

Welcome back, Hope.

#3 | POSTED BY ZED

I'm pretty sure she won't sleep with a 70+ year old overweight, orange, funny-haired dude with an undersized mushroom-headed --- (as described by Stormy Daniels).

She's smoking hot and can probably have almost any guy she wants.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-13 03:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

She's smoking hot and can probably have almost any guy she wants.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-13 03:48 PM | Reply

Let's just see how events play out.

Some smoking women want to sleep with ugly rich guys.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-13 03:51 PM | Reply

I like where your mind is at, Zed.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-13 04:12 PM | Reply

I like where your mind is at, Zed.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at

Sexual infidelity is a life-long pattern for Trump.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-13 04:16 PM | Reply

Sexual infidelity is a life-long pattern for Trump.

#7 | POSTED BY ZED

Yes, it is. Can't dispute that.

#8 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-13 04:24 PM | Reply

--Sexual infidelity is a life-long pattern for Trump.

Never bothered Bill Clinton supporters. But he had a "D" after his name.

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-13 04:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Never bothered Bill Clinton supporters.

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at

Typically withering response.

#10 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-13 04:56 PM | Reply

Some smoking women want to sleep with ugly rich guys.
#5 | POSTED BY ZED

Not just "smoking women" ... most women, most women have a plan B as well.

#11 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-02-13 05:00 PM | Reply

"Sexual infidelity is a life-long pattern for Trump."

It's not so much infidelity as it is his inability to provide lasting physical gratification to anyone. So he moves on to the next hole, just like golf.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-02-13 05:01 PM | Reply

What I'm saying is, no women that get involved with Trump even want him to be faithful in the first place.
While I understand the use of "infidelity" to mean sleeping with other people, it's not really fair to call it "infidelity" in the sense of not being faithful to the contract, when both parties in the marriage are getting what they want, which is to not have to have embarrassing, unsatisfying sex with President Donald J. Trump.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-02-13 05:03 PM | Reply

Was just told by one of my contacts that the actual reason why Hope Hicks is being brought back to the WH is due to Trump's declining mental state.

Andrew C Laufer, Esq
@lauferlaw

OCU

#14 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-02-13 10:43 PM | Reply

Which makes this basically what normal people call an "intervention."

It's pretty clear from this whole Barr thing (and the rest of the past two weeks) that Trump seriously needs to be reined in.

I mean, if you can't see that, I truly wonder about your conceptualization of the function of the President.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-02-13 10:53 PM | Reply

And if it is not perfectly clear the bucket of ---- occupying the white house can't be reigned in.

#16 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-02-13 11:47 PM | Reply

It's either an intervention or he feels emboldened after his acquittal and is bringing his side squeeze into the White House.

#17 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-02-13 11:53 PM | Reply