Friday, February 14, 2020

Since Trump's rise to the nation's highest office, his inflammatory language -- often condemned as racist and xenophobic -- has seeped into schools across America. Many bullies now target other children differently than they used to, with kids as young as 6 mimicking the president's insults and the cruel way he delivers them.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

[[Trump's words, bullied kids, scarred schools]]

Comments

Posted by rcade at 12:18 AM | 0 COMMENTS | permalink | Comment on This Entry |

They first mimic their parents, who mimic Trump.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-14 07:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What can we really say about this? We are living through a nightmare. I hope we wake up soon.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2020-02-14 08:26 AM | Reply

In his episode of "Comedians in cars Getting Coffee" Barak Obama told Jerry Seinfeld "I do really well with the 0-8 demographic." People thought that was a joke, a throwaway line.

The difference between Barak (and W too) and our national ogre is that those presidents didn't try to scare the children or startle the horses. Ever seen a photo op of Trump in a grade school classroom? Ever seen him at 4-H / Scout Jamboree / other event involving children? In those rare occasions he faces youngsters he gives a campaign speech and raises his voice about issues no one in the audience knows or cares about.

Trump in a classroom: he farts twice then blames the kids and their teacher--to their faces...

#3 | Posted by catdog at 2020-02-14 09:20 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

My old landlord acts just like Trump now. I disputed charges and he called me names and raised his middle finger.

It's the decline of the society.

He's going to have to explain his behavior to the judge.

#4 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-02-14 12:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Illegitimate president bucket of ---- told dirty jokes at a Boy Scout jamboree

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-02-14 12:47 PM | Reply

he called me names and raised his middle finger
#4 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2020-02-14 12:07 PM

What did you do to his property? Did it involve cats?

As a former landlord, if it involved cats, he was right to berate you.

#6 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-14 12:49 PM | Reply

If Trump is to blame for bullying, then Clinton is to blame for all infidelity. Can't say I mind Clinton's contribution to society much more :-)

#7 | Posted by humtake at 2020-02-14 12:58 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE

Glad to know you have your finger on the pulse of the nation.

#8 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-02-14 01:04 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY GTBRITISHSKULL

Though... to be fair... with how young conservative states like to let kids marry... I guess it could be a real concern.

#9 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-02-14 01:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Lol... conservatives are worried about the rise of "infidelity" among 6 year olds.

Glad to know you have your finger on the pulse of the nation."

Yeah, Cons would better be served to concentrate on spending billions for safe spaces after Dems don't get the votes to go the way they want. You can bring up either party and be sarcastic about the pulse of the nation. In the end, the fact remains neither party cares about the pulse of the nation; they care about the pulse of only the people who agree with them across the nation. Big difference.

#10 | Posted by humtake at 2020-02-14 01:10 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE

As a former tenant - there are a lot of lousy tenants but there are a lot of lousy landlords too. But seriously I cannot believe how many people live like pigs today. I am NOT a neat and orderly type - I have clutter and some dust but I can't stand filth. Too many other people - even people making really good money - live disgustingly, it's kind of sad.

As for pets - it is all in the tenant. My last time renting, we had cats and the landlord loved us and was really sad to see us go. Couldn't believe the unit's cleanliness when we left. Cats - dogs - kids - it just doesn't matter.

#11 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-02-14 01:31 PM | Reply

#6 I hired a service to have it cleaned after I cleaned it. It was shiny squeaky and better than I got it. That's how I roll and it makes the behavior all that much harder to understand. The good thing about Trump is that I now understand his breed of human waste.

#12 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-02-15 12:07 AM | Reply