Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Televangelist Paula White, heads Trump's "Faith and Opportunity Initiative." There's a lot to unpack here, but digest this sample from the author: Just out of curiosity, I recently made a prayer request through her website, asking her to pray for a family member. I got an email in return promising that White and her prayer intercessors would "deploy the Blood of Jesus on your behalf for your peace." White also thanked me for "agreeing to pray for President Trump and his family on June 2nd." Apparently, the form letter hasn't been updated since last summer. Less than an hour later, I got another email from White asking me to send her a "favor seed" of $50 or more so that she could "Activate supernatural favor" on my behalf. "Favor will make you a household name overnight," she writes knowingly.

Comments

Yeah, well, gimme an Esdras...nah, make it two, I mean, hell, why not, yunno? Oh, an three Maccabees...NO HOLE ON!..FOUR Maccabees...and deep-fry it all. Praise Jeebus!
~ Your Dearest of Dear Leaders

#1 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2020-02-19 06:14 AM | Reply

Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 04:48 AM | 1 COMMENT | permalink | Comme

This isn't Christianity. This is shamanism, and by saying that I don't mean to impugn honest shamans.

Pray at home, and know that God doesn't need your money.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-19 07:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

[God] loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!

" George Carlin

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-02-19 10:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Favor will make you a household name overnight," she writes knowingly.

Humpy will tweet my name for $50?

Dear gawds don't let Humpy ever know my name!

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-02-19 10:40 AM | Reply

Hmmm:

NowThis @nowthisnews

This pastor says God is sparing the U.S. from coronavirus because of the Trump administration

twitter.com

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-02-19 11:09 AM | Reply

whores and whoremongers.

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-02-19 12:00 PM | Reply

Bwahahaha such bs!
Dawk and his TDS knows no bounds.

#7 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-19 12:01 PM | Reply

So PB, you're OK with this? You're fine knowing your tax dollars are going to such an obvious huckster?

#8 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-02-19 12:05 PM | Reply

She's about as much a Christian as Trump is.

"But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly." JC

biblehub.com

#9 | Posted by Corky at 2020-02-19 12:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

My dad is a pastor and I have several family members who are pastors. I know that frequently, while "God" doesn't need money, institutions on Earth do. There are bills to pay, salaries, insurance, mortgages for church buildings, etc. All that being said, what this woman is doing is fraudulent, corrupt, and un-Christian. This type of prosperity Gospel BS really grinds my gears.

#10 | Posted by dylanfan at 2020-02-19 12:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Damn...

This girl the other night said she needed $200 to active my "spiritual favor."

#11 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-19 12:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

Bwahahaha such bs!
Dawk and his TDS knows no bounds.

#7 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

What exactly is BS about it?

She is his official spiritual adviser. She does this. And its not an uncommon practice in televangelism.

So why is it BS?

#12 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-19 12:29 PM | Reply

"Flavor seeds?" Cmon..

#13 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-19 12:34 PM | Reply

What exactly is BS about it?
So why is it BS?
#12 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT AT 2020-02-19 12:29 PM | FLAG:

"Flavor seeds?" Cmon..
#13 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

You mean "Favor Seed"? Pretty typical televangelism garbage.

So you don't have an answer?

#14 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-19 01:35 PM | Reply

"Flavor seeds?" Cmon..
#13 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Here is the link to her Website with one option on the "Favor Seed": paulawhite.netviewshop.com

You really will believe absolutely anything to protect Trump.

And they wonder why Boomers get duped so easily.

#15 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-19 01:39 PM | Reply

"Flavor seeds?" Cmon..
#13 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Here is Paula White on her website talking about "Favor Seeds": subsplash.com

#16 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-19 01:40 PM | Reply

'fess up. who sent this woman money?

#17 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-02-19 03:04 PM | Reply

I'd send her $50 if she could make Trump's nose grow every time he told a lie.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-02-19 03:37 PM | Reply

The real flavor seeds: bigs.com

#19 | Posted by grumpy_too at 2020-02-19 05:51 PM | Reply

Fishes and loaves was much better.
Cold cash only encourages the bastards.

#20 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2020-02-20 04:31 AM | Reply

Damn...

This girl the other night said she needed $200 to active my "spiritual favor."

#11 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-19 12:27 PM | Reply | Flag

And here Great Valu Barbie is only asking for $50 if you don't mind one that is getting a little stale.

#21 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-02-20 10:44 AM | Reply

I figure that the people who would potentially pay for this, or already have paid, make up around 10% of Trump's base.

#22 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-02-20 09:39 PM | Reply

Paula White recently told her followers that she visited Heaven:

"I literally went to the Throne Room of God ... And then I saw the Earth for a moment, and [God] brought me back, and he put me in certain places, one being the White House ... "

mavenroundtable.io