Thursday, February 20, 2020

President Donald Trump's attacks and retaliation against impeachment witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman are an "an affront to the Constitution," according to an open letter from a group of more than 1,100 veterans made public today. Military Times first reported on the letter. "The President's actions and insults towards LTC Vindman are not only wrong, they carry dangerous implications," the group said.

Comments

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-19 07:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

1000 Veterans Denounce Moscow Fats

I am not surprised they don't like sanders.

#2 | Posted by Sniper at 2020-02-20 11:27 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I am not surprised they don't like sanders.
#2 | Posted by Sniper

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? It was reported on this very site how Sanders leads in donations from active military.
Do try to keep up.

#3 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-02-20 04:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They are supporting Bernie with their money and dissing Trumpy with their signatures.

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2020-02-20 04:49 PM | Reply

That's all? Even statistically there should be more. There are 18 million veterans in the US. So that's 1 in 18,000 denouncing Trump on this.

*yawn*

Must be a slow day for the guy who is obsessed with fantasies of presidential baby raping

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2020-02-20 04:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

You could get 1000 people to sign a petition advocating capital punishment for bird watching.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-20 04:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

That's all? Even statistically there should be more.

Which statistics would those be? Wouldn't it depend on how many vets were approached?

#7 | Posted by JOE at 2020-02-20 04:57 PM | Reply

"I am not surprised they don't like sanders.
#2 | Posted by Sniper

Do try to keep up.

#3 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST "

Do *you* ever tire of being wrong? Sniper is talking about veterans (the subject of this post.) They are completely different people than active duty. Do I need to explain the difference to you?

Veterans prefer Trump over any Dem, regardless how active duty personnel feel. You are mixing demographics, also known as apples and oranges. Also, active duty as a whole are a lot younger than veterans. Very few active duty are over 40 years old. Veterans range into the centenarians. Another mix of demographics on your part.

www.pewresearch.org

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2020-02-20 05:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

- fantasies of presidential baby raping

Freudian projection from a cringe-worthy mind.

www.everydayhealth.com

#9 | Posted by Corky at 2020-02-20 05:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#9 -- your response is on the nooner. I don't want to derail the thread as you have done, corky.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2020-02-20 05:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

As a disabled veteran that served in the special forces '79-'84 and I full heartedly support Vindman as TRump is a foul, corrupt sexist, racist, con artist golf cheater that is a disgrace to his country, family and self. I keep telling myself and others that we survived corrupt Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr and Bush/Cheney and we will survive this.
The damage that this nasty greedy administration is doing to our country's honor, people and environment will need decades to recover however with some things never being the same again.

#11 | Posted by tknees at 2020-02-20 05:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

As a disabled veteran that served in the Special Forces 1979-1984, I full heartedly support Vindman as TRump is a foul, corrupt sexist, racist, con artist golf cheater that is a disgrace to his country, family and self. I keep telling myself and others that we survived corrupt Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr and Bush/Cheney and we will survive this.

#12 | Posted by tknees at 2020-02-20 05:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-20 04:54 PM |

I understand that there are several petitions circulating among the Christian Right mandating capital punishment for Gays.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-20 06:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Never served, and glad I didn't. I was 20 when 9/11 happened. My wife was pregnant with our first kid. I felt a strong urge to sign up (I'm was (still am) a tough guy, drove a diesel truck (now drive a Subaru wagon), owned (still do) a multitude of firearms), but my new family took precedent. Plus, war sounds scary as ---. After 8 years of Bush (who I voted for twice *smfh but I was ignorant), and then Obama continuing the M.E. wars, I am glad as all hell I didn't sign up. Looking back, I'm disappointed in myself for ever supporting the M.E. wars. I knew at the time that we (U.S.) hadn't been in justifiable war since WWII, but 9/11 provided justification for war and I supported that.

I respect our service men and women, and Vindman is an exemplary example of why I respect our service people.

Clint Lorance, Mathew Golsteyn, and Edward Gallagher are war criminals, people that would've exceled in Hitler's Nazi Germany (Godwin's law intended).

Trump's treatment of Vindman is a disgrace, as is Trump's treatment of the war criminals. Trump only like soldiers that he can exploit for his own benefit.

#14 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-02-20 07:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#5 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

Will have to see if signatures get added now that it's released.

In any case the truth doesn't care if only 1,000 support it. It's still the truth.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2020-02-21 08:18 AM | Reply

There are about 18,800,000 veterans alive.
Do the math and we get .00005789% that don't like our President.

#16 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-21 09:05 AM | Reply

This letter would not matter to the Mouth-Breathers if 100,000 soldiers and vets signed it. If our demander-in-chief acknowledges this letter at all it would be to bellitle the signers and criticize their penmanship.

Want the US Military to be even more beholden to Trump? Re-elect him. Ivanka will look great as a Navy Admiral, and Eric playing soldier guy will bring only applause from the toadies and sycophants...

#17 | Posted by catdog at 2020-02-21 09:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#17 | Posted by catdog

Being Dictator means being an -------.

#18 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-21 09:45 AM | Reply

Do the math and we get .00005789% that don't like our President.

#16 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020

#19 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-21 09:49 AM | Reply

"We're going to see another example of how shallow Republican love for veterans is after this.
#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020"

Trying to turn Conservatives against the Military is an assinine ploy. I'd be willing to bet that most of our troops come from Conservative backgrounds. I certainly did.
Do we agree with everything Trump does and says? Hell NO.
He is STILL better than the alternative. And *that is what got him elected and most likely, reelected.

#20 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-21 10:11 AM | Reply

Trying to turn Conservatives against the Military is an assinine ploy.

#20 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-21 10:11 AM | Reply | Flag:

"Conservatives" like the military to the extent it supports its agenda, which they discovered since Donald was elected (Ta Da!) is Trumpism.

#21 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-21 10:25 AM | Reply

I've been watching Republican hate unfold towards veterans since W. was president. Combat veterans especially have too much moral authority for you people to leave them alone if they state a political position different from yours.

#22 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-21 10:28 AM | Reply

He (Trump) is STILL better than the alternative.

#20 | Posted by phesterOBoyle

The man is absolutely only what he behaves to be and you admire him.

You're sick.

#23 | Posted by Zed at 2020-02-21 10:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Will have to see if signatures get added now that it's released.
#15 | POSTED BY JPW "

Whatever it takes to fuel that TDS regardless how insignificant, right?

#24 | Posted by goatman at 2020-02-21 11:04 AM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Nice deflection.

#25 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-21 01:00 PM | Reply

Whatever it takes to fuel that TDS regardless how insignificant, right?

#24 | Posted by goatman

I don't rely on logical fallacies to prop up my opinions.

Vindman acted appropriately no matter how many people agree he did. Wouldn't you say?

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2020-02-21 01:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm on active duty in the military. I would vote for almost anyone over Trump...specifically because of decisions he's made regarding the military.

#27 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 09:06 AM | Reply

" Unless Bernie is the nominee. Then I'll do what I can to make sure Trump gets re-elected. As bad as Trump is, Bernie would be far, far, FAR worse."

You sound like most of the centrist Democrats here and on cable news.

#28 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-02-22 10:20 AM | Reply

"You sound like most of the centrist Democrats here and on cable news."

Bernie's message to them, to everybody really:

Bernie Sanders @BernieSanders

I've got news for the Republican establishment. I've got news for the Democratic establishment. They can't stop us.
8:02 PM Feb 21, 2020

STARSHIP - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (Lyrics)
www.youtube.com

#29 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-02-22 10:26 AM | Reply

8:02 PM Feb 21, 2020

Will be interesting to hear the excuses when he gets beaten in the general.

Will be less interesting to hear "but he won the popular vote" for another four years of Trump's destruction and corruption.

#30 | Posted by jpw at 2020-02-22 12:06 PM | Reply

"Will be interesting to hear the excuses when he gets beaten in the general."

Because the Bourgeoise rigged the vote against the proletariat...

...I don't even have to wait for the election.

#31 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 12:09 PM | Reply

"You sound like most of the centrist Democrats here and on cable news."

I always vote Libertarian. A protest vote, basically. But I've never been part of an election where a socialist was running. I feel like I need to do whatever I can to stop that from happening.

#32 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 12:11 PM | Reply